Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 143>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 12:14am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Thought he had a good game in fairness but was disappointed with the free kick he took in the 1st half...... 
Who else is there to take them? Honest question, I’m not sure 
Sponsored Links

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 12:18am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Thought he had a good game in fairness but was disappointed with the free kick he took in the 1st half...... 
Bound to be somebody, keeper didn't even have to move it was right to the side he was stood. 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 12:23am

Was wondering the same thing earlier. Hourihane, if he was on, but tbf he’s only scored once in 30 caps 😩
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Fair play - he’s only been missing for about four years. 

Ah come on. He's been good in the majority of games he's played under Kenny. Credit where it's due.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 11:17am

I was hoping McGrath would take it seeing as he was on corners was he not? 
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:42am
For those of you that think he had a good game, Hendrick's marking and general positional play was horrendous last night.
I watched him solidly for 15minutes of the first half; he touched the ball once and lost the player he was marking about a half dozen times, he often marked the ref and lazily tracked back on endless occasions. 
But for a couple of flicks and the shot at goal, he was anonymous throughout.

Cullen was left to do virtually all the work in the centre of midfield and was quickly overran by the Serbs, who passed it around our midfield like a training match.
McGrath tried hard but was outclassed.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:33am
f**k me we have lads doing their own player watch instead of watching the game.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

For those of you that think he had a good game, Hendrick's marking and general positional play was horrendous last night.
I watched him solidly for 15minutes of the first half; he touched the ball once and lost the player he was marking about a half dozen times, he often marked the ref and lazily tracked back on endless occasions. 

Cullen was left to do virtually all the work in the centre of midfield and was quickly overran by the Serbs, who passed it around our midfield like a training match.

Since Jeff's gone I've been lost without a trace.
I dream at night, I can only see his face.
I look around but it's him I can't replace.
I feel so cold, and I long for his embrace.
I keep crying Jazzy, Jazzy, Jeff...
bench-warmer View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bench-warmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:10pm
Anyway, I thought Hendrick has a great game against Serbia.
Calm head and played well
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:42pm

you must have mixed Jeffrey up with someone else, that or you were dreaming about some other game once upon a time. The telly showed a different game.
I love beer gardens
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

you must have mixed Jeffrey up with someone else, that or you were dreaming about some other game once upon a time. The telly showed a different game.

He kept losing his man early on and he was blatantly at fault for the goal not covering the near post. Schoolboy stuff. 

He had his best game in years Cullen had the worst of his 3 games this week by a distance but as posted above Cullen still pound for pound had a better game when he was on.

Most importantly if we want to play a passing game Hendrick isn't the answer. At one stage he literally kicked the ball out of play in a panic when pressed. I was happy to see him against Portugal as he put in a shift he does il give him that. 

He's the lesser evil of Hourihane Browne Arter and himself and he hopefully  will be the only member of that lot in the squad in 18 months time.

Edited by kevin100 - 09 Sep 2021 at 12:55pm
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

When we didn't have the ball, Jeff went missing. Completely. Telly doesn't show this well.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

f**k me we have lads doing their own player watch instead of watching the game.

Of course I was watching the game. But it's easy to glance up a player who clearly marked nobody when we didn't have the ball and scarcely tracked back in any hurry when it was needed.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:15pm
It's funny how we interpret what we see.

I would've thought Hendrick's work off the ball goes unnoticed by fans who think he should be scoring goals and setting up chances like Xavi.

His athleticism, engine and workrate are very important against teams like Portugal and Serbia.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I would've thought Hendrick's work off the ball goes unnoticed by fans who think he should be scoring goals and setting up chances like Xavi.

His athleticism, engine and workrate are very important against teams like Portugal and Serbia.

That's it too. He's doesn't score goals and sets up hardly any chances either.

Tet's stats on passes in the SK thread reveals that he doesn't deliver in this part of his game either.

I compiled the passing stats from the three qualifiers here: https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1435913083046842375
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 2:47pm

Tet's stats on passes in the SK thread reveals that he doesn't deliver in this part of his game either.

I compiled the passing stats from the three qualifiers here: https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1435913083046842375
Not sure what point you're trying to make?
his passing stats are pretty good
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 2:56pm

This exactly. He is not making himself available for the ball nearly enough compared to the likes of Cullen. This has been a consistent feature of his game all his career, it's not going to change now. My mind isn't changed that the likes of Knight and Molumby are the real future of this team. There is also the dark horse of Kilkenny emerging as well that will provide further competition.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 11:16pm
Molumby doesn’t have anything on Jeff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 143>
  Share Topic