You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 143>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeff Hendrick
    Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 3:19pm
The Ireland U-19 International made his first appearance of the season for Derby today, coming on at half-time. He imposed himself well by all accounts.

Mark O'Brien completed 90 minutes in the absence of Russell Anderson as Derby kept a clean sheet.

Edited by Sloop John G - 13 Aug 2011 at 3:22pm
Sponsored Links

Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 3:37pm
Henfairy!LOL
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 4:00pm
Gob bless Jeff
Say nothing till you hear more
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 4:01pm
you should see me on a good day
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 11:38am

Henf.airy could be in line for a first Rams start

NIGEL Clough may give Republic of Ireland under-21 midfielder Jeff Henf.airy his first start in a Derby County shirt tonight.

The 19-year-old was excellent after he came on at half-time during Saturday’s 1- 0 win at Watford.

And with James Bailey (ankle) and Stephen Pearson (abdomen) unlikely to be fit for tomorrow’s trip to face Blackpool, kick-off 8pm, Henf.airy is in line to win his first start.

Clough said: “I’d have no worries about starting Jeff — and have not got many options.

“I thought Jeff did brilliantly for 45 minutes on Saturday.

“We’ve only seen him for training for two days out of the last four weeks (because of his international commitments).

“So we had to introduce him to the lads at half-time!” Henf.airy has made six substitute appearances so far for Derby after coming through the club’s Academy, but is yet to start a match.

His fellow young Irishman, Mark O’Brien, 18, is also earning rave reviews after making his first start on Saturday.

Clough said: “Mark and Jason (Shackell) got us the result on Saturday.” Steve Davies, meanwhile, says he is unhappy with his form — despite scoring the winning goals in the first two league matches.

He said: “I’ve been a bit disappointed with how I’ve played in the last two games, but thankfully I’ve managed to stick it in the net.

“I think strikers are judged on the goals they score, but on a personal level I wish I’d played better in the last two games.” Davies now wants to continue finding the net to nail down a regular spot in Derby’s first-team.

He said: “It’s always nice to be a striker and score goals, and that’s what I’m going for.

“I think if the fans see I’ve got us two victories with two goals, they will be happy.”

Burton Mail

Edited by Sloop John G - 16 Aug 2011 at 11:39am
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 2:03pm
Jeff & Mark O'Brien start for Derby tonight.
traphasntaclue2 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traphasntaclue2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 5:22pm
where is the irish connection here lads?
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 2:46pm

Clough lauds Henf.airy

Teenager Jeff Henf.airy has earned the praise on manager Nigel Clough after making his full debut for Derby.

Republic of Ireland Under-21 international Henf.airy started his first game for the Rams in Wednesday night's 1-0 victory at Blackpool, helping Derby begin the league season with three consecutive wins for the first time since 1948.

Clough told the club's official website: "Jeff Henf.airy did not look out of place in midfield.

"He has been desperate to get into the team and showed great maturity in his performance."

Yahoo

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by traphasntaclue2 traphasntaclue2 wrote:

where is the irish connection here lads?

Was on the recent euro u19 team that lost in the semi to spain
traphasntaclue2 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traphasntaclue2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:04pm
how does he qualify to play for us?
JoeyLapira View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeyLapira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by traphasntaclue2 traphasntaclue2 wrote:

how does he qualify to play for us?

Being born in Dublin Smile

Edited by JoeyLapira - 18 Aug 2011 at 5:14pm
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:35pm
From Ringsend in Dublin I think. Mark O'Brien also Irish, 18 and a centre half, has played the last 3 games also.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 5:49am
Henf.airy has move on from the U/19s and was with the U21 side that played in Sligo a few weeks ago. Was wondering a lad called Henf.airy used to play in the LOI for Dundalk way back in the 70s is their a connection.
alive and kicking
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 7:16am
This is the lad that could make it big, already playing/on the cusp of being a regular for Derby, has that assured presence in the midfield area, a Trap kind of player, still only 18/19, i would hope that he remains injury free for the next year or two, anyone seen him play in the flesh?
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 9:48am
scored today against forest in a 2-1 for derby
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 12:18pm
He took his goal very well, looks a bit of a player and O'Brien too
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 12:56pm
High praise here too: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-column-Everton-s-Ross-Barkley-Hull-s-Robbie-Brady-and-Derby-s-Jeff-Hendrick-are-the-brightest-talents-around-article799826.html

One of the things we all love about Kevin Keegan is his sheer enthusiasm whenever he spots a good young player. And when I mentioned Hull winger Robbie Brady to him the other day, the legend's eyes brightened.

“Do you know what, I've been watching him too,” said KK. “That lad's got something.”

I'd say that Irishman Brady, who's at the Tigers on loan from Manchester United, has got everything. He is one of three youngsters who have really impressed me so far this season.

Another is fellow Dubliner Jeff Hendrick, a strong midfielder who's making Derby fans forget all about me!

And the third is 17-year-old Ross Barkley, who has cut through the gloom at Everton. He's got the potential to be one of the finest the Goodison school of science has ever produced.

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 6:09pm
Jeff Hendrick will be a fine player
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 143>
  Share Topic