You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 143>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 9:59am
As I've said before, it's not Jeff's fault that he has consistently been one of our best 3 or 4 midfielders for the duration of his career to date, probably still is, just about. He's always turned up, never let us down and has been harshly scapegoated many many times. Suffered I think from being shuffled around, CDM, CM, RM, CAM over the years, never really established himself in one position at club level. Good pro though and seems a decent enough lad, never understood the abuse. 

Edited by John Nice - 06 May 2023 at 9:59am
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 10:17am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

As I've said before, it's not Jeff's fault that he has consistently been one of our best 3 or 4 midfielders for the duration of his career to date, probably still is, just about. He's always turned up, never let us down and has been harshly scapegoated many many times. Suffered I think from being shuffled around, CDM, CM, RM, CAM over the years, never really established himself in one position at club level. Good pro though and seems a decent enough lad, never understood the abuse. 
Unfortunately this only happened because he just wasn't good enough to hold down a CM position. IIRC, he was shunted out of CM by Will Hughes when he came through at Derby. Otherwise I agree with you, he's been victim of horrendous scapegoating by Ireland fans.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 12:17pm
I watched plenty of reading matches this season, he was outstanding in many of their games, if he was some young english lad who couldn't figure out if he was irish or not there would be all sorts of rage if he wasn't starting every match for us
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 1:49pm
I would say he was the least of Readings problems this year alright, seemed to do fairly well particularly in the first half of the season. Hendrick is still probably our 3rd/4th best option in centre mid, should be in or around the squad.
We're decent enough..
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 5:18pm
He must have at least one outstanding skill...the ability into fooling managers to hire him and play him at a decent level for over a decade. Glen Whelan had it as well. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

He must have at least one outstanding skill...the ability into fooling managers to hire him and play him at a decent level for over a decade. Glen Whelan had it as well. 

Or maybe you just don't understand football?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 5:36pm
And obviously you have a greater understanding of football than Jeff and Glen? Where did you receive your training? 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

And obviously you have a greater understanding of football than Jeff and Glen? Where did you receive your training? 

Confused

Whelan as an example has been number one for club and country for his whole career under multiple managers. He must be doing something right?

He was named in team of the decade for Stoke as well.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 6:21pm
Right you completely misunderstood my post...it was a sarcastic response to the people who constantly berate Jeff and Glen! 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 6:34pm
Myself and Sci said he was total crap yet most gave out about us , hummmm yer right . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 6:41pm
Jeff and Glen have been scapegoats in chief on this forum since as long as I can remember. If the majority were singing their praises I must have missed it.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 8:38pm
jeffrey still living off what he did 8 years ago.

Yawn.

he needs to be permanently deselected from the national team. Said this years ago and have not been proven wrong since 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 10:06pm
Hendrick was the worst regular starter in the Premier league for several years and is now one of the worst in the Championship (this is backed up by performance analysis rating sites too)
He does nothing well, defensively or offensively. We have better younger midfielders in Molumby, Cullen, Browne, Smallbone and Coventry. Time to put him out to grass with the other donkeys.
Played well against Sweden 7 years ago and that's about his entire career contribution, no way he was better than Hoolahan that tournament (particularly poor against Belgium where his only contribution was to kick a dead ball in to interrupt play) 2 goals in 80 matches, one a big deflection and another against Gibraltar. He is the epitome of our failings as a football team the last several years. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Hendrick was the worst regular starter in the Premier league for several years and is now one of the worst in the Championship (this is backed up by performance analysis rating sites too)
He does nothing well, defensively or offensively. We have better younger midfielders in Molumby, Cullen, Browne, Smallbone and Coventry. Time to put him out to grass with the other donkeys.
Played well against Sweden 7 years ago and that's about his entire career contribution, no way he was better than Hoolahan that tournament (particularly poor against Belgium where his only contribution was to kick a dead ball in to interrupt play) 2 goals in 80 matches, one a big deflection and another against Gibraltar. He is the epitome of our failings as a football team the last several years. 
100%

time to bring the younger players through
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 10:45pm
Not too many of them getting paid over £2 million a year by the third best team in the PL. Just saying.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

LOLLOL
We're decent enough..
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 1:42am
Glenn Whelan I could at least see what he brought to the team   Hendrick I fail to see what he brings.   I remember seeing him in pre tournament rriendly in Cork in 2016 and he was woeful then surprised everyone when he had a good Euro 16.  Since then he has been a ghost.  Time to leave him out of the squad.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Glenn Whelan I could at least see what he brought to the team   Hendrick I fail to see what he brings.   I remember seeing him in pre tournament rriendly in Cork in 2016 and he was woeful then surprised everyone when he had a good Euro 16.  Since then he has been a ghost.  Time to leave him out of the squad.

He kept the ball in play in Gelsenkirchen in fairness, scored in Serbia and hit the bar against Sweden. Over nine years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 143>
  Share Topic