You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 143>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 6:17am
What made his performance more impressive for me last night was that he was doing the work of two men. Hourihane did next to nothing again. I would credit Jamie McGrath's workrate as being helpful to Hendrick which exceeded what I would expect from a player in that position. 

Jeff covered a serious amount of ground. Was always looking for the ball and always using it intelligently. He looked inspired. 

The opposition should be taken into account but I think he gave glimpses of this type of performance against Serbia too, particularly in a good first half performance. 

I hope this form is sustained at club level and we get a few years of this from him. 

I would have given him MOTM personally. Again, I'll take the opposition into account but he was great to watch. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 13 Oct 2021 at 6:18am
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:55am
Excellent last night but I have seen this from Hendrick to often before (one or two good games and then he drifts off again for months), we also have to remember the quality of player he was playing against last night. He needs to push on now and make the most of what left of his career because he does have good qualities as a player. In Fairness Kenny seems to be bringing the best out in him. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:20am
Hendrick had a crick in his neck under previous managers. He has always had this type of performance in his locker imo, but we were never encouraged to play. I'd imagine he was bored with the style and also the fiercesome negativity of many fans towards him. Looks revitalised under Kenny and ever since I first saw him play for Derby (as a holding midfielder incidentally), I have always rated him. Great to see this upturn in form and imo he has cemented his ft place alongside Cullen for the foreseeable. Still needs to get first team football mind and he may have to move on from Newcastle to do so. His problem is that while he is certainly good enough to play in the PL imo, will anybody pay him the wage he is getting at Newcastle (which is enhanced as he went there on a free)?
Idah Dream!
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:47am

He looked a real.proslect at Derby and at Euro 16

Dyche, MON, Mick and Bruce seriously hampered him.

He needs to do more off the ball to to a top player but he can play.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:39am
He was outstanding last night and playing with a level of confidence I haven't seen from him in years. If we're playing two in central midfield then it's hard to look past himself and Cullen for the foreseeable.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:48am
With the changes at newcastle you would assume there could be a new manager soon and a pile of cash to spend in Jan. Prob will need a loan move. I would'nt mind seeing him go down to the championship and play weekly. Himself and Cullen look a decent two right now. 
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:57am
He's good enough to remain in the PL.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I am a big fan of Jeff's but what other PL team will take him on and he plays most weeks? 
I love beer gardens
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:13am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I am a big fan of Jeff's but what other PL team will take him on and he plays most weeks? 

That's it, none unfortunately. 
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:19am
Many years left on his contract at Newcastle?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:21am
He was linked with Roma and other Italian teams. Would a move to a continental League not be an option. It just feels incredibly safe these lads dropping to the Championship when they could play top flight as such elsewhere. The PL is so competitive atm he may not get a PL move.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Watford, Norwich? Whatever about playing most weeks, he'd get games at Palace and Burnley too.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:28am
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Many years left on his contract at Newcastle?

Contracted till 2024. Newcastle will probably have to cover some of his 40k a week wages if he was to leave.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:41am
If Bruce does leave, as rumoured, this week then a new manager could be a big positive for Jeff in the short term. Ultimately he’ll probably be moved on in the summer but he definitely prefers to have the ball than not, playing to his strengths & who knows 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Watford, Norwich? Whatever about playing most weeks, he'd get games at Palace and Burnley too.

He just left Burnley. Norwich going down. And he wouldn't get games at Palace and Watford now i dont think. 
I love beer gardens
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:45am
The alternative is, work hard, await your opportunity and take it when it does arise.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:48am
The thing that gets me about Jeff he will have an outstanding game then you wiill struggle to know where he was on the pitch over the next six games and that's him in a nutshell .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:53am

Hes best in a more advanced midfield role. 

Him a d McGrath as the the advanced two in 3421 with Cullen and Knight as the defensive pair.

Robinson playing centrally.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 143>
  Share Topic