You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 143>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 7:29pm
in a serious team if you do nothing much in three consecutive games your dropped no matter who you are.

Ireland’s selection of players are so bad that guys can do nothing for three years and still keep getting picked.

You judge a 28 year old player on how he has performed in the shirt. Not on his club form or potential in a new system.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 7:39pm
You judge a player however you want Dots...

Totally agree that players for Ireland could be poor for years and still get picked but in the last 3 years who has been good for Ireland? 

Duffy? He's been OK at best in a team that plays all out defence at times
Randolph? He's made some good saves that I would expect him to make.
Coleman? OK at the back but poor going forward 
Mcclean? Works hard but technically poor

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Who cares REALLY .

He has been paid up until the end of July with Burnley after that he can sign on the dole  for all i care .

One of the most overated palyers ever .

Says you
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:51am
let’s give Jeff another year. Dyche, O’Neill and McCarthy don’t like their midfielders touching the ball. Kenny will try and play ball and if he signs for a club that tries to play, we’ll see how good or bad he is then.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:53am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

let’s give Jeff another year. Dyche, O’Neill and McCarthy don’t like their midfielders touching the ball. Kenny will try and play ball and if he signs for a club that tries to play, we’ll see how good or bad he is then.

Confused

Dyche isn't the problem here! If anything he's the protagonist as he's the only Manager thus far who plays Jeff in his preferred role!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Confused

Dyche isn't the problem here! If anything he's the protagonist as he's the only Manager thus far who plays Jeff in his preferred role!

Dyche played him mainly on the right wing, which isn't his preferred role.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Confused

Have you ever watched Burnley?
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 5:40pm
I think everyone should refer to J Walters interview where he said everyone at Burnley loves JH because he played out of position without complaint season after season and got slack even from their fans for doing exactly what the manager says. People saying he was playing in position didn't watch Jeff have to play on the right side of midfield to protect that side defensively or way past the midfield not getting involved in play and not being very involved in build up but being around to collect knockdowns and win second balls (which he did well) . I'm not actually shocked Milan would want him. he is perfectly suited to Italian football. 

I think Jeff is of age where a decent run playing in a system that allows him to express himself and not just be a donkey at Burnley for the manager will bring back the technically very good player I imagine most people thought he was at/before the euros where you actually felt in and around the box the lad could punish a team. Almost everyone should have a clean slate going into Stephen Kenny's team because it is clear he will at least attempt to not butcher the technical players games for the sake of being compact playing minnows like Georgia. If he produces the same as he did under McCarthy then fair enough but I really doubt he will in a rotating 3/2 Stephen Kenny midfield.  (I think Jeff or McGoldrick will be the 10 Kenny usually uses)

The only player I don't want to see is Glen Whelan. His career should be over now in green. fair play to him on his effort.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:04pm
Any word on Jeffrey?  I thought he'd be learning Italian by now
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Any word on Jeffrey?  I thought he'd be learning Italian by now

Was told he got a job as a plumber in Colne ( close to Burnley ) LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 5:23pm
He'll probably end up at somewhere like West Brom.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 8:09pm
Would probably be a good fit with Burnley 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 8:48pm
Indeed...... I think Dyche might be the only Premier league manager that would consistently play him given his limitations. Should seriously consider this career move
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:34pm
He’d do a grand job at WHU, possibly even Everton. It does seem slightly concerning how quiet it’s went. I personally believe he’s perfectly suited to the Italian game, it’ll be a pity if a move doesn’t materialise.

Edited by Olaf - 31 Jul 2020 at 11:40pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

He’d do a grand job at WHU, possibly even Everton. It does seem slightly concerning how quite it’s went. I personally believe he’s perfectly suited to the Italian game, it’ll be a pity if a move doesn’t materialise.

LOL 
Where would you start 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

He’d do a grand job at WHU, possibly even Everton. It does seem slightly concerning how quiet it’s went. I personally believe he’s perfectly suited to the Italian game, it’ll be a pity if a move doesn’t materialise.

The season's only been over a week. I wouldn't exactly say he's in dire straights looking for anyone to give him a contract just yet.
We're decent enough..
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:33am
If Hendrick signs for Milan it would be up there with the strangest transfers of all time, atrocious footballer, how he has got as many caps as he does for the country is bewildering. 
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 1:13am
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

If Hendrick signs for Milan it would be up there with the strangest transfers of all time, atrocious footballer, how he has got as many caps as he does for the country is bewildering. 

Bewildered a lot are you? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 143>
  Share Topic