You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 143>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:00pm
I'm going to go againt the grain here and say that Hendrick is a good player. Has he underperformed for Ireland, yes. But who hasn't? We all know Coleman is a good player but he's been bang average for ireland.

Hendrick has good technical ability, has a really.good shot, his passing is good and he's definitely a premier league level player.

If we can get the best out of him in an ireland shirt he'll make us a better team.

Mccarthy and O'Neil played him in a midfield that seems to have been told to just run around a lot. 
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:53pm
This next season us huge for Jeff.
A new club which will hopefully utilise him better suited to his skills and also a new International manager who is known to want to play possession, ground-based football.
He should spend less time looking up for the ball during our matches and hopefully less time chasing shadows.
What he does with this new opportunity is up to him.
I am hopeful he has something positive to offer our team.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

This next season us huge for Jeff.
A new club which will hopefully utilise him better suited to his skills and also a new International manager who is known to want to play possession, ground-based football.
He should spend less time looking up for the ball during our matches and hopefully less time chasing shadows.
What he does with this new opportunity is up to him.
I am hopeful he has something positive to offer our team.

I've never seen such a post where the exact opposite is true.

Dyche plays him in his natural position.
Whereas for Ireland he's always out of position looking up for the ball chasing shadows LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

This next season isn't going to be huge for Jeff.
A new club which will hopefully utilise him better suited to his mistakes and also a new International manager who is known to want to play possession, ground-based football.
He should spend more time hiding form the ball during our matches and hopefully less time players looking for him.
What he does with this new opportunity is up to himLOL
I am hopeful he has something positive to offer our team but i would take anything really .

Spot on Fozz
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Yep agree Murph. One of the most overrated players to put on the irish jersey in midfield along with Andrews, Kilbane, McGeady etc.

Can see him at Scumtic or someone might take a punt on him in the premier league at the lower end or  he will be back to the championship which is his level along with the SPL.

he has some agent though who is sprouting out all these clubs LOL

McGeady might have his defenders on here and I include myself in that but who on earth was overrating Kilbane and Andrews ffs?! LOL 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 2:02pm
Whats interesting about Hendrick is that its unclear if he will take a step up or a step back. Burnley are a solid top ten outfit, and have a stronger setup that higher spending units in the PL. And I think most moves in the UK, would be a step back, unless he signs for one of the traditional Top 6 or so.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Yep agree Murph. One of the most overrated players to put on the irish jersey in midfield along with Andrews, Kilbane, McGeady etc.

Can see him at Scumtic or someone might take a punt on him in the premier league at the lower end or  he will be back to the championship which is his level along with the SPL.

he has some agent though who is sprouting out all these clubs LOL

McGeady might have his defenders on here and I include myself in that but who on earth was overrating Kilbane and Andrews ffs?! LOL 

'Never argue with a fool - onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.'
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 2:12pm
I think it's become abudantly clear to me the people who are criticising him don't even know what his best position is.

But that's perfectly understandable, he hasn't been played in his preferred role for Ireland since 2017, it's easy to get that one missed thanks to the previous 2 spoofer Managers we've had.

But is that his fault?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 2:40pm
He was recently described by Stephen Kenny as " a very, very good player. " He was a regular first team choice for Burnley, a formidable top half Premiership team. International managers have come and gone but all have selected him for Ireland. His stats are good. Some of the most famous clubs in the world have been linked with him now that he is available on a Bosman. Where all of these eminent judges appear to have gone wrong is by not logging into this forum to benefit from the advice of experts.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 3:31pm
Doherty and Connolly maybe more likely than Molumby to feature immediately. Some very good young players will come through in due course with Kenny but he will certainly not throw them into the play-offs.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I think it's become abudantly clear to me the people who are criticising him don't even know what his best position is.

But that's perfectly understandable, he hasn't been played in his preferred role for Ireland since 2017, it's easy to get that one missed thanks to the previous 2 spoofer Managers we've had.

But is that his fault?
He's been deployed in every midfield position possible for Ireland and has been equally inept and anonymous in all of them, just as he is 90 % of the time for Burnley.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

But is that his fault?
He's been deployed in every midfield position possible for Ireland and has been equally inept and anonymous in all of them, just as he is 90 % of the time for Burnley.

Yep so anonymous and inept that the last time he was played in his preferred position he setup McClean's winner v Wales LOL
The f**king nonsense in this thread man.

The fact for the past nearly 3 years he's been deployed out of position as a deep lying playmaker or just a flat centre mid with no license to roam forward, what he's actually best at and yet the dullards who give him unwarranted sh*t have failed to recognise that just says it all really.

Even then when going forward he still his flaws, I'm not saying he's a world beater or anything, he's about as consistent as constipation, but people take the piss when criticising him.

Edited by coyne - 16 Jul 2020 at 4:26pm
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 4:29pm
He's not Wes Hoolahan; he has virtually no creative ability, sets up or scores a goal maybe every half a decade, every attack would die with him. His only ambition is ever to pass the ball backwards.
Playing reasonably well once in every 15 matches isn't inconsistency, its the odd rare aberration from consistent crapness.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 4:32pm
No one said he was Wes Hoolahan! I don't think himself is either!
But he does well enough in the role to get over 110 appearances in the EPL by doing what he does.

Is it his fault or is it the 2 dinosaurs fault that they play him well back into a flat centre midfielder role where he's most ineffective (he could do better by doing more off the ball)

Edited by coyne - 16 Jul 2020 at 4:34pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 4:34pm
He has talent but it incredibly inconsistent - to the point that it makes him a liability. I do think Kenny will bring something out of him, though. He has a good set of skills for a midfield player, especially his notable ability to run a lot.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 4:44pm
He clearly has ability, and if he weren't a hardworking team-player he wouldn't have featured so prominently in a Sean Dyche side.

I do think he'd benefit from a more central role in a side that plays a bit more football, however.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 5:06pm
I'd imagine Jeff will start with McCarthy and A.N.Other in midfield in September as Kenny has generally played two mids and a #10 with two wide men and a centre-forward at U21 anyway.
Maybe McG in that advanced role and Long up top.
Connolly on the left and take your pick for the right.

This should see Jeff looking to take the ball regularly from the defenders and progress it up field.
If he continues to go missing then good luck but I think he has been harshly treated by his previous International managers and I am curious to see how he does in the AUtumn.

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Doherty and Connolly maybe more likely than Molumby to feature immediately. Some very good young players will come through in due course with Kenny but he will certainly not throw them into the play-offs.

Currently dropped by Millwall 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 143>
  Share Topic