Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 143>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

You won't be consistently picked in a Sean Dyche side if you "don't care". Maximum effort is the minimum at Burnley, he wouldn't continue to be a regular if anyone felt he was being lax on that front.

Hendrick certainly has ability but hasn't fulfilled his early promise. I'd also dismiss the "don't care" theory. But if Burnley knew then (2016) what they know now would they still pay a club record £10.5m and £35k a week over four years? Probably not. He certainly has had minimum impact in the green jersey. 

The fact he's a fixture in their team, and that they're trying to keep him on, would strongly suggest that is not the case, would it not? 10.5M is pittance for a reliable, Premier League standard player, which is the least Hendrick has proven he is.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 11:12am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I'm not sure that Dyche could find eleven players to care and if he did they probably wouldn't be good enough. If he cared he would look for the f**king ball! Maybe he does for Burnley, but he plays with his back to it for Ireland.

I would stick my neck out and say i have seen him play more times over the last 3 years then anyone on this forum and he sucks .

Now what was said by a Derby fan when Burnley bought him " he plays one good game in six " and that sums him up to a tee .
I can say there have been times when i have watched The Clarets on a live stream and i only knew he was playing when me fouled someone around the 70 minute mark .
Now watched him live when he palys for Ireland and again never looks for the ball just happy to run around .
Funny it seems at a guess around 75% of the Burnley fans like him , a lot say we are a better unit when Jeff is in the side and aharder to beat , hey i just dont see it but Burnely did buy a replacement from Bristol City in the last window so i expect Brownhill to get his chance very soon .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

It's not too late for Jeff to be an important player in a green jersey.
Up to now his managers have valued bypassing his position with the ball but SK should bring a style that better suits a potentially good ball-player like Jeff.  Let's see how he does in this new system and if he continues to be absent, then he'll likely not last long.
I, for one, am hopeful he can be a useful player for us and I reckon he'll be more trusted with the ball and asked to make things happen with it.
It'll be up to him to decide if that's really what he wants...still time for him to become a very good Ireland player.

You won't hide in a Stephen Kenny team. If you shy away from getting on the ball, you'll be gone fairly quickly. Will be interesting to see how Jeff gets on. Regarding style, there will be no excuse that he's being misused, etc. 

Although, I'm not sure how automatic a pick he'd be and how he'll fit into a Kenny team.

Assuming under Kenny you'll have 3 midfielders (a number 10, attack minded midfielder, defensively minded midfielder)

For the under 21's this primarily was:

Number 10: Connor Ronan
Att Mid: Molumby
Def Mid: Coventry

At senior level...

Number 10: Hendrick isn't a number 10. He's played there, but he doesn't possess anywhere near the creativity, guile and necessary passing range of someone like Byrne or Ronan to succeed here in a Kenny set up.

Att Mid: Most obvious position for Jeff but I think Molumby is a shoe in here if his form continues.

Def Mid: Jeff isn't a sitter, and even if you shoe horned him into this position, it will negate his strengths and emphasise his weaknesses.

Now positionally you could swap Molumby with Jeff, but this would rule out the likes of James McCarthy and Josh Cullen (who has been fantastic for Charlton) that are naturals in the sitting role.

Conclusion: Jeff's place in the Ireland team is pretty much going to revolve around Molumby's form, who has been everything we needed Jeff to be, and thought he was going to be on the back of 2016.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 12:05pm
Maybe the slower pace of the Italian game would suit him? Don't think he's as bad as some are making him out to be but he definitely needs to show more
Some people just deserve a slap
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 12:37pm
I also think it's unfortunate that his sphere of coaching influence has been Dyche, O'Neill and McCarthy. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until we see him under a more progressive manager.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 1:00pm
Dyche has been muttering about the Burnley board not being supportive enough re coming up with the dosh to retain players who have reached the end of their contracts. Hendrick is in a strong position to go elsewhere, be it one of the big Italian teams or another Premiership side, if the money isn't right at Burnley. Dyche is loathe to lose him as he fits the style the club plays and is versatile. It's fair to say that there are no passengers in the Burnley midfield. There are athletes like Hendrick, Ashley Westwood, Cork, etc who never stop running and make Burnley consistently difficult to play against.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 2:40pm
This is agent talk to get him a better deal with Burnley 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 2:45pm
He a very persuasive agent if true, not exactly the norm for every mid-table Premier League player who's out of contract to be linked with prestigious European sides...
We're decent enough..
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 3:48pm
not sure that he "doesn't care," its beyond doubt he is just extremely inconsistent. there are times he looks like a great player, and there are times he totally disappears and it almost seems like he doesn't want the ball. as someone said, he wouldnt get in the burnley team if he didn't "care"/work hard, and to be fair, another good point made was that between dyche/mon/mccarthy, he hasn't been exposed to many coaches that will really develop him as a player. not sure if he's good enough for the likes of milan or roma, even given their recent decline, but would love to see him try if he actually has the chance, can;t turn that down imo
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 9:02am
If there is any truth in this, and I’m not sure there is, it would be good to see one of our lads play in a different football environment.  Can’t see him developing much more at Burnley.  At 28 he won’t get the chance again. 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Maybe the slower pace of the Italian game would suit him? Don't think he's as bad as some are making him out to be but he definitely needs to show more

He has done decently well at club level but has been a total abomination for Ireland since 2016.

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:36pm
sounds like he is leaving Burnley per the Athletic  
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:41pm
He’d be mad not to try Serie A.

Doubt there are many takers in the EPL for him. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He’d be mad not to try Serie A.

Doubt there are many takers in the EPL for him. 

His agent's nose has grown 4 inches in the last month
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:47pm
Newcastle probably the most likely destination or alternatively another Premiership club. Celtic have been mentioned as well as the Italian teams. A lot of clubs on the look-out for Bosman bargains with the right top level experience.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Newcastle probably the most likely destination or alternatively another Premiership club. Celtic have been mentioned as well as the Italian teams. A lot of clubs on the look-out for Bosman bargains with the right top level experience.

Yep read of interest from Newcastle, it all depends on takeover tbh
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 2:29pm
Don't think Celtic would pay the wages he'd be looking for so wouldn't expect him to go there
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 1:38pm
Jeff has left the Clarets just confirmed .

The best bit of news i have read for years Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 143>
  Share Topic