You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 143>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 6:25pm
I'd love to hear Mr. Brick's opinion on these mudslinging viperous comments that are bordering on defamation. The despicable slandering and clap trap of Jeff's poor name is vile to the core 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

I'd love to hear Mr. Brick's opinion on these mudslinging viperous comments that are bordering on defamation. The despicable slandering and clap trap of Jeff's poor name is vile to the core 
😂😂😂
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

And yet he is still employed to be a professional footballer by a premier league team.
I'm sure you know better though!
Yes its a funny one, he does get paid to be a professional footballer at a club in the world's richest league and yet my eyes tell me emphatically and repeatedly that he is not very good at football Ermm Just one of those strange anomalies that exist in life and the world.
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 6:46pm
Same peoples views on players are delusional,  it makes you wonder have they ever kicked a ball in their lifes to understand the ability it takes to play in the Premier league. 
Never mind the English Premier league, to play in the Airtricity league takes a high standard of ability 
Jeff Hendrick is a regular starter in the premier league . If a player is not like David Silva or the likes people automatically think he's sh*te. 
I think Sean Dyche and the coaches at Burnley know a lot more about a player than posters on here 

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

As I said, if you don’t have an opinion there would be no point to this place. I get that my reaction to him is extreme, but I just cannot see what he brings and never have. He seems to constantly shy from the ball in possession and hide.
He does have ability, but that’s what makes him so frustrating! He seems afraid to apply it. He has done a few great things in Ireland shirt; his dummy in Cardiff, his run against Georgia , his performance against Sweden in Paris, but they are regularly spaced out.
His touch is very good, yet he never looks for the ball! I just don’t understand it! He obviously brings something to teams and, like the other fall guy on here, Glenn Whelan, managers seem to like him, but, unlike Whelan, I can’t see what the see! I just see a player petrified of expressing himself. 
I reckon if you mixed him and Whelan we would have a top class player actually!

He plays in teams both at club level and at international incapable of keeping possession for any real length of time.

Our possession stats as well as Burnley's are never much better than 35% - 45% and that gets lower more often than not against far better sides, how can he be seen to be constantly wanting the ball when neither team ever has much of it in the first place?

Now if Burnley and Ireland were possession based sides and were playing through midfield time and time again I think you would have a firm case, but accusing a midfielder of not wanting the ball in sides who bypass midfield is a bit unfair. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 6:49pm
I get that GD, but surely he is part of that problem, rather than being a solution? 

Edited by pre Madonna - 29 Jan 2020 at 6:49pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

Same peoples views on players are delusional,  it makes you wonder have they ever kicked a ball in their lifes to understand the ability it takes to play in the Premier league. 
Never mind the English Premier league, to play in the Airtricity league takes a high standard of ability 
Jeff Hendrick is a regular starter in the premier league . If a player is not like David Silva or the likes people automatically think he's sh*te. 
I think Sean Dyche and the coaches at Burnley know a lot more about a player than posters on here 

But for some reason anyone defending Glenn Whelan is allowed to use his career at Stoke and the managers he's played under as counting for something, yet that never gets factored in when defending Hendrick even though hes a Premier League regular playing week in week out under Dyche?

It doesn't add up tbh!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I get that GD, but surely he is part of that problem, rather than being a solution? 

For me Hendrick would be very replaceable as a player be it for Burnley (given the riches of the PL) and even for Ireland in the near future with the potential options we have coming through, provided they fill their early promise.

Given the fairly low ambitions of the two sides he plays for, I think he's more than capable of doing a job at the level he's expected to perform at.

Burnley's goal every year is to just stay in The Premiership and Ireland's is to keep ourselves in contention with a game or two to go to make a playoff for a major tournament.

Hendrick is firmly at his level in that regard 100%.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 7:01pm
I’m of the opinion, and I am open to contradiction, that we would be a better side with any competent attacking midfielder ahead of Hendrick. More or less the same as your Whelan argument.
I think anyone that looks for the ball, even if he was sh*t on it, would give us an outlet. I think it is why Wes is still deified, despite constantly giving it away and being hugely overrated.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 7:41pm
Bottom line here is that Hendrick, whelan, mcclean etc have not done enough in a green shirt to make a difference in games. 

Irelands midfield performances have been as poor against decent teams like Switzerland as they have been against minnows like Gibraltar for years.

Theres been moments in games where we looked ok but not enough to add up to a minute.

Time to give others a chance, they cant be much worse.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:44am
You'll soon be running out of players soon. Very soon.

So who would replace these players with?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Bottom line here is that Hendrick, whelan, mcclean etc have not done enough in a green shirt to make a difference in games. 

Irelands midfield performances have been as poor against decent teams like Switzerland as they have been against minnows like Gibraltar for years.

Theres been moments in games where we looked ok but not enough to add up to a minute.

Time to give others a chance, they cant be much worse.

Confused

Edited by fochie - 30 Jan 2020 at 9:52am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You'll soon be running out of players soon. Very soon.

So who would replace these players with?

Irelands midfield has been poor, i mean very poor for years. I'm specifically talking about the 50+ cap midfield players that have not improved us as a team. 

Looking at this qualification campaign as an example, we've scored 7 goals, 3 of those against Gibraltar. I appreciate formation and tactics are also a factor here.

Maybe Browne, Hourihane, Robinson, Cullen deserve more opportunities to see if they can do better. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 1:12pm
Or maybe they won't.

All those players have played a number of games for Ireland already.

Maybe not with Cullen.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 6:28pm
In one of the more surprising Sky Sports Rumours I've ever seen, Jeff is apparently set for a move to AC Milan. Perhaps one of those "too strange to be completely made up" things...
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 6:32pm
I'm pretty sure 'journalists' put the names of players who are likely to move in one pot and club names in another and just pull them out.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 6:46pm
My understanding is that AC Milan expressed an interest before the lockdown, also Newcastle and at least one other Premiership club. Sean Dyche is keen to keep him at Burnley however, having already agreed another year on Robbie Brady's contract.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 6:47pm
Sure he's playing for Milan, he has to start in the Ireland midfield. 

Magic Plane 2.0
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 143>
  Share Topic