Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 143>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 5:08pm
You'd imagine Poland would be a realistic priority for Tarkowski, they don't have a huge amount of centre-back options. Doubt he is eligible for us anyway.

Edited by The O'Shea - 01 Oct 2017 at 5:09pm
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

You'd imagine Poland would be a realistic priority for Tarkowski, they don't have a huge amount of centre-back options. Doubt he is eligible for us anyway.

Apparently Poland have approached him but he wants to try and play for England
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I think Tarks at the back was outstanding for Burnley , and what i have read he could play for Ireland also ( Granddad ) i think Thumbs Up

Married a woman of Irish descent according to wiki. Unless she was 100% irish then the gig is up.

Wouldn't he have to be living in Ireland to get a citizenship via marriage anyways.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 6:27pm
Not sure about that one, there was the old story of Paul Butler qualifying via marriage, but I don't think that's true. I remember there was talk of Nathan Ellington representing Bosnia after marrying a Bosnian woman too, but nothing ever came of it. Whether that was because he wasn't eligible or just not good enough, I couldn't tell you.
We're decent enough..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Not sure about that one, there was the old story of Paul Butler qualifying via marriage, but I don't think that's true. I remember there was talk of Nathan Ellington representing Bosnia after marrying a Bosnian woman too, but nothing ever came of it. Whether that was because he wasn't eligible or just not good enough, I couldn't tell you.
Butler was married to an Irish woman, but he qualified through his step father's father. He cleared this up in an interview in the Independent years ago: http://www.independent.ie/sport/butler-ready-to-serve-cause-26124836.html

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:43pm
One of the first names on the team sheet for me. Gets lots of negative comments on here, but the fact is he is a very good footballer.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:45pm
That was the first time he played anywhere near good enough this campaign . The criticism is well deserved but yeah, he’s a good footballer.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

One of the first names on the team sheet for me. Gets lots of negative comments on here, but the fact is he is a very good footballer.

He has come back into form since he was acquitted. Maybe a coincidence but I wouldn't be surprised if that had an impact on performances. Would impact anyone in their jobs having that hanging over ya
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:08pm

totally. He was excellent last night closing down players and creating the goal. Yes he can impose himself a little more in games but im delighted hes in our midfield. Possible future captain.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:13pm

Because he's always played out of position unfortunately. 
If he's played centrally he will go very anonymous, if he's moved forward in the more advanced role with more license to roam then he will do things like he did last night.

I was delighted for him because he had a tough campaign being played in the very central role then coincidentally in a more natural role he creates the winner.

More than happy for him to be Wes' permanent replacement in that #10 slot.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:13am
Up until his scuffed attempt I forgot he was playing. Much better in the 2nd half though
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:59am
Work for the goal aside, he was fairly anonymous. He probably needed that lift.

No doubt, he's a handy baller.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:19am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Work for the goal aside, he was fairly anonymous. He probably needed that lift.

No doubt, he's a handy baller.

he was actually excellent in the second half hassling and closing the welsh players down. as we seen one of these attempts led to our goal.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:35pm
Was talking to Da Scientist over in Cardiff after the game. He reckons Hendrick has the potential to become our best ever midfielder, even better than Roy Keane. Hard to disagree with him.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Was talking to Da Scientist over in Cardiff after the game. He reckons Hendrick has the potential to become our best ever midfielder, even better than Roy Keane. Hard to disagree with him.
jaysus im a hige fan of jeffs but hes no roy keane. Come on man
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:32pm

Agreed 100%
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Agreed 100%

Yea definitely if he gets a few consistent seasons with same leave of performance as Monday night and the euros as the norm for him he would be
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:57pm
He couldn't run a bath. Goes missing in games for long periods. Apart from that he's brilliant >Keane
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 143>
  Share Topic