Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 143>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Really don't get why you're so negative about him CM. 
The amount of times hes changed the game for Ireland in such a short space of time has been incredible.

And what people forget about him the most that he's still young, he's only 24 playing the Premier League, that's 6-7 years of playing at the highest tier of football.
Not my sort of player really as he goes missing in games where i have seen him play for Ireland . Something just is not right about him but i will have more time to see him this season . 
The massive thing for me is that i think The Clarets way over the odds for him and i think he is worth less than half what they payed for him . 
In life there are some players you like and others you don't , Jeff has a lot to prove to me to say that i am wrong .
Love to be proved wrong on this one ...............

You realize that with the new Sky deal that prices were bound to be inflated?

Suddenly you have a player worth €3 million last season, being worth €6 million this season.

You factor in that Derby valued Hendrick highly, he had a good European Championship, he isn't even near his prime, he is a full international and has resale value.

What would you expect? Burnley didn't get a bargain by any means but they paid the going rate, look at Sunderland! We spent €16 million on a Gabonese international who was playing for a small club Lorient in France! 
Yep the market was crazy was we both know , now love the way Dyche called it as the " Wild west market "LOL . Look going back over this Dyche wanted him bad and started off with a 3.5 offer which Pearson was never going to except , the word from those in the know said 6 would be the deal breaker but the club came back with 4.5 then deadline day was on us . Now Hull with 10 and it looked a deal and well you know the rest .
Look maybe I am old school but if you pay that for a player I want a cage fighter run through wall etc  , now is Jeff that kind of player ?
Put it this way to you and Coyne in todays market how much would Kevin Ball would have been worth ? I don't think close to 10.5 . Look you knew what you were going to get from Bally in August or on a wet  Tuesday night in January at the Turf , hard as nails do a job and leave it all on the pitch , it's a bit like signing David Ginola in his prime for me as he would not but my kind of player but others loved him .
Just because Jeff is Irish people will always stand up if anyone dares to say anything other than what they want to hear .
I am past it or far too old to care just want to be painfully honest and like I say I am big enough to hold my hand up if I am wrong but I am not sure if others would be as honest if I was right .
Time will tell and I will park it here until after the next international break when I have seen him a bit more .
Ohhhh thanks Baldy Thumbs Up
window.post_1473573669607_14 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }window.post_1473573670961_37 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:06am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The amount of times hes changed the game for Ireland in such a short space of time has been incredible.

And what people forget about him the most that he's still young, he's only 24 playing the Premier League, that's 6-7 years of playing at the highest tier of football.
Not my sort of player really as he goes missing in games where i have seen him play for Ireland . Something just is not right about him but i will have more time to see him this season . 
The massive thing for me is that i think The Clarets way over the odds for him and i think he is worth less than half what they payed for him . 
In life there are some players you like and others you don't , Jeff has a lot to prove to me to say that i am wrong .

You think Jeff Hendrick is worth less than five million pounds??!

You haven't a clue what you're talking about. The sooner we get an ignore option on here the better because there are some clueless people on here spouting nonsense all the time

Jesus rolo you know you can disagree with someone's opinion without dismissing them totally with arrogance and pomposity.

Exactly..... This after him spouting that Jack Grealish is the real deal and would be one of the best players in the premiership after seeing him play about 5 games.

This the same Jack Grealish who last week signed a new four year deal with Championship club Aston Villa?

It'll be a great day when we can turn our noses up at players of that standard.

Yep Same player who you said on this very forum would be capped by England before the Euro's and would be in the squad for France.

Now playing for a mid table championship club. 

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:28pm

You haven't a clue what you're talking about. The sooner we get an ignore option on here the better because there are some clueless people on here spouting nonsense all the time

Jesus rolo you know you can disagree with someone's opinion without dismissing them totally with arrogance and pomposity.

Exactly..... This after him spouting that Jack Grealish is the real deal and would be one of the best players in the premiership after seeing him play about 5 games.

This the same Jack Grealish who last week signed a new four year deal with Championship club Aston Villa?

Yep Same player who you said on this very forum would be capped by England before the Euro's and would be in the squad for France.

I didnt say that.

I said he should be in our squad.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:50pm

I didnt say that.

Oh really now Embarrassed

http://forum.ybig.ie/jack-grealish_topic49827_page241.html

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 8:43pm
"The club's record signing showed some neat touches and solid game management and will surely be in the team sooner rather than later."

http://www.espnfc.us/club/burnley/379/blog/post/2947919/steven-defour-burnleys-best-with-brilliant-long-range-strike-in-draw-vs-hull-city
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:44pm

I didnt say that.

Oh really now Embarrassed

http://forum.ybig.ie/jack-grealish_topic49827_page241.html

Where did I say he'd be in the England squad for France?
You've misquoted me.

As for the other bit, England mightn't have tied him down by capping him competitively, but they got him to make a statement and nail his colours to the mast. They got their man, and in September as I predicted in that post. He's gone off the boil since then, but I wish him the best of luck with his career. You make it out that I was saying something crazy, yet at the time the England manager was repeatedly calling for him to make his mind up. Selective memory on your part.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:31am

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

Kinda think if he was going to declare for us then he would want to be involved in a vital qualifier. But then I come from a generation who would have given his right arm to play for his country, to be honest I could not be arsed if he declares or not at this stage.
These would be my sentiments exactly also, NO young player should be playing silly beggars when it comes to his international footballing future, be a man make and stand by the decision we have had enough of this sh*t over the last few years

He has dual nationality, so even if we dont like it, he's entitled to take some time to make up his mind. 

Either he'll commit to us, or to England. None of us know what he'll do, but everyone has an opinion. 

He'll prob announce his decision in August, when MON and Roy Hodgson will be looking to name their squad (and yes, he is good enough to merit a competitive appearance for England, even more so as they are strolling to qualification).

Until then everyone will speculate.

It wouldnt be wise for him to delay his decision any longer than August; he turns 20 in September and would want to get cracking on a senior international career.

Besides, he took time out of international football to concentrate on breaking into the Villa team (or so he says). He's checked that box now, so the start of next season should see him return to international football.

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:14pm
That doesnt answer my question.

You've just picked a sensible and well-written post by myself, and highlighted a load of random stuff in it.
So I said September and in another post I said August. Give me a break.

You misquoted me above and when I asked you to show me where I said that Grealish would be picked by England for France, you havent been able to.

Now dont be annoying me. This is the Jeff Hendrick thread. You've been shown up as a liar and a spoofer. Now leave it there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 9:09pm

You said sept but I've proven above you actually said Aug... If you also said Sept in another post then you were just naming all the months and then claiming your were right! Just plain silly.

You said above he would play for England and was good enough and this never happened. So again you were wrong.

These are hard facts but I'm sure you will ignore these to claim something else.

Let's leave it be as wrong thread and waste of time!

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 7:08pm
starts again today against watford
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:39pm
Jeff heads burnley 1 up. Good man
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:39pm
Just scored his first goal for burnley
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:39pm
scores off of a header from a corner
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:41pm
Jeff deserves his goal hes playing well.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:42pm
looking good in a more advanced role.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:44pm
Having a stormer of a half.

Love Jeff. Think he's fantastic
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:48pm
Fair play to himClap
The only way is up
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 9:54pm
Fantastic game, thought he was the best player on the pitch, should be one of the first names on our team sheet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 143>
  Share Topic