You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 143>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 11:12am
The reason he looked so good and full of energy during the euros is because he was doing nothing for Newcastle all season!
Hi Lads
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 11:22am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Derby fans glad to see the back him looking at a lot of the comments on social media.

Judging by his performances in France, he should make the transition from the Championship to the EPL with ease.

i don't think it's a case of glad to see the back of him. hes had some brilliant games for derby and he has had some average games for them over the years. i think they felt he was never as consistant as they wanted him to be. they probably also feel 10 million is good business for Jeff and they can re-invest in the team.

Yep.

I was just surprised to see the negative comments about him.

Football fans aren't the brightest HB , especially the sky sports news generation. Me and now culture . If he was consistently good for them he would have moved up years ago . And the same fans would be calling him judas or some bollox like that.

Edited by BabbsBalls - 02 Sep 2016 at 11:23am
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

The reason he looked so good and full of energy during the euros is because he was doing nothing for Newcastle all season!

Can't believe i'm defending him but Sissoko did have the odd good game for Newcastle and did run and work hard when Rafa came in.

Bad management was partly to blame for him being non existent in games for us.
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 11:55am
Thats not good enough for a 30 million pound player!
Hi Lads
Only2Keaneos View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Only2Keaneos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 12:10pm
The argument that most Newcastle fans made about Sissoko was that he had a great game when the tv cameras were in town. If this is true, it says a lot about his personality. The video Pappy Power brands about of him 'trying harder' while warming up on the sidelines, would suggest that the Newcastle fans are on to something.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Now one thing is for sure is that Jeff will be given time at Burnley to see if he can cut it , I hope he can it's a massive move up . Now trust me  the fans will haunt him if he fails to deliver , everyone knows the money Dyche has spent is not really the Burnley way and the fans will be expecting huge results if not they will not be long letting him know . I hope Jeff has deleted everything from his twitter account , it kinds of catches you up if you score for the Clarets .  LOL
So no pressure on Jeff then!   
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Republic Of Brady View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Republic Of Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 2:07pm
Starts on the bench today, Meyler starts for the opposition
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 2:19pm
[QUOTE=Republic Of Brady]Starts on the bench today, Meyler starts for the opposition [/QUOTE Huuuummmmmmmmmm whoever called him a bench player Wink . 

Look to be honest he has only just joined up with the players and will need time to come up to speed as Dyche would want . He will come on around the 65th minute mark or 85th if things are going well . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 2:35pm
Really don't get why you're so negative about him CM. 
The amount of times hes changed the game for Ireland in such a short space of time has been incredible.

And what people forget about him the most that he's still young, he's only 24 playing the Premier League, that's 6-7 years of playing at the highest tier of football.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The amount of times hes changed the game for Ireland in such a short space of time has been incredible.

And what people forget about him the most that he's still young, he's only 24 playing the Premier League, that's 6-7 years of playing at the highest tier of football.
Not my sort of player really as he goes missing in games where i have seen him play for Ireland . Something just is not right about him but i will have more time to see him this season . 
The massive thing for me is that i think The Clarets way over the odds for him and i think he is worth less than half what they payed for him . 
In life there are some players you like and others you don't , Jeff has a lot to prove to me to say that i am wrong .
Love to be proved wrong on this one ...............
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 7:04pm

Not my sort of player really as he goes missing in games where i have seen him play for Ireland . Something just is not right about him but i will have more time to see him this season . 
The massive thing for me is that i think The Clarets way over the odds for him and i think he is worth less than half what they payed for him . 
In life there are some players you like and others you don't , Jeff has a lot to prove to me to say that i am wrong .

You think Jeff Hendrick is worth less than five million pounds??!

You haven't a clue what you're talking about. The sooner we get an ignore option on here the better because there are some clueless people on here spouting nonsense all the time

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:18pm

You realize that with the new Sky deal that prices were bound to be inflated?

Suddenly you have a player worth €3 million last season, being worth €6 million this season.

You factor in that Derby valued Hendrick highly, he had a good European Championship, he isn't even near his prime, he is a full international and has resale value.

What would you expect? Burnley didn't get a bargain by any means but they paid the going rate, look at Sunderland! We spent €16 million on a Gabonese international who was playing for a small club Lorient in France! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

You haven't a clue what you're talking about. The sooner we get an ignore option on here the better because there are some clueless people on here spouting nonsense all the time

Jesus rolo you know you can disagree with someone's opinion without dismissing them totally with arrogance and pomposity.
AKA pedantic kunt
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Jesus rolo you know you can disagree with someone's opinion without dismissing them totally with arrogance and pomposity.

Exactly..... This after him spouting that Jack Grealish is the real deal and would be one of the best players in the premiership after seeing him play about 5 games.

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 12:31am

He dismisses me with name calling so couldnt care less!
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Exactly..... This after him spouting that Jack Grealish is the real deal and would be one of the best players in the premiership after seeing him play about 5 games.

This the same Jack Grealish who last week signed a new four year deal with Championship club Aston Villa?

It'll be a great day when we can turn our noses up at players of that standard.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 3:49am

what a load of bollix
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 5:30am

He dismisses me with name calling so couldnt care less!
You need to grow up Rolo act your age not the size of your shoes .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 143>
  Share Topic