You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 143>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

A transfer fee should never be judged on it's value at the start but at the end.

The good thing with Hull is even if he's sh*te he's got a great chance of getting games with their squad of 12 playersBig smile

well by the looks of things they are trying to bring in ryan mason and a guy called henriksen from AZ Alkmaar. Both midfield options like Jeff. This seems to be what the Hull City forum are suggesting. None confirmed yet i don't think.
Ryan Mason for 12 million and yet people give out about Hendrick going for 10. Mason wouldn't lace hes boots.
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 2:56pm
it's an exercise in futility in deciding whether or not Hendrick is 'a 10 million player' because that has lost all meaning. There have been much worse players than Jeff who have gone for higher sums in recent times.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

A transfer fee should never be judged on it's value at the start but at the end.

The good thing with Hull is even if he's sh*te he's got a great chance of getting games with their squad of 12 playersBig smile

well by the looks of things they are trying to bring in ryan mason and a guy called henriksen from AZ Alkmaar. Both midfield options like Jeff. This seems to be what the Hull City forum are suggesting. None confirmed yet i don't think.
Ryan Mason for 12 million and yet people give out about Hendrick going for 10. Mason wouldn't lace hes boots.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah but mason was born the expensive side of the Irish sea..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Striker Jonathan Kodjia moved from Bristol City to Aston Villa for 15 million so I think 10 million for Hendrick looks just fine. Although with Huddlestone, Meyler, Livermore, Mason there, and if picking a 2 man midfield, then where does he fit in?

Edited by grannyrule - 30 Aug 2016 at 3:35pm
The only way is up
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

My question , do you think that Jeff is good value at £10 million ?

Like most on here I have only seen him on the box or playing for Ireland and yes he played well in France , but I can not see he is worth that , I know about todays market but it seems from one Derby forum that they made a killing on him .

Of course you do.

In today's transfer market I think that, yes, he's very good value at 10 million. As per a previous discussion I had with you on here, I have seen him playing for Kevin's in addition to our under 19's ,21's and senior side. You seem to be attempting to lend credibility to your argument by substantiating it with comments from an internet forum - never a great sign if you are trying to put forward an informed opinion.

If you consider that Derby brought him over as a youth player eight years ago and that he has played over 200 senior games for them (to be then sold on for a fee of 10 million pounds) then, yes,  Derby County have had great service from Jeff culminating in a very profitable transfer fee for them.

Also, you still haven't answered my original question. Third time of asking now.Smile
Right a player who is a sub not in the first starting 11 in my book is a bench player very simple Tony  .
And if you say him in his nappies well good on yer , you have players who have promise and never make it and have to make do as I am sure Tony you know quite a few players whom have come back to Ireland with their dreams shattered .
Because you like myself have only seen him as a whole playing for Ireland I kind to lean to people from this internet thing who think he is not as good as you think , hey you want to Talk about Galway United and their players I can give you a bit more info on them but if you know better Tony hey why is it me who has to have a pop at you as you seem to know more than most .
Right have to go as I am late the traffic in Galway can be hell but you would know more about that then myself I would say .  
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 4:22pm
A fit Hendrick is a starter for Derby ,he had a lot of injury problems the last few months but still started 21 league games for them.He didnt feature in only 4 league games he was fit for last season.

Doesn't matter if people think he is worth 10 m or not ,transfer pries are huge now.I dont know why anyone is worried or care about the fee.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 5:40pm
Just watching sky sports news.reporter at hull city training ground talking about their signings. Mentioned hendrick but said it was his understanding that he was going elsewhere....hmmmmmmm

Edited by Dugs - 30 Aug 2016 at 5:40pm
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 5:59pm
Yep looks like he's gonna end up at Burnley now, apparently Sunderland interested too
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Yep looks like he's gonna end up at Burnley now, apparently Sunderland interested too
could be a decent midfield with stefan defour at burnley if he ends up there
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 7:38pm

11 million now and that's the Clarets deal , goodness i need to go for a walk . 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 7:47pm

11 million now and that's the Clarets deal , goodness i need to go for a walk . 

That will teach you
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 7:54pm
I think od prefer him to go to burnley. Clearly dyche wants him and i think he could be a big player for them.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 9:05pm

I think od prefer him to go to burnley. Clearly dyche wants him and i think he could be a big player for them.

less competition for places and he is a big upgrade on Marney.
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 9:55pm

Like most on here I have only seen him on the box or playing for Ireland and yes he played well in France , but I can not see he is worth that , I know about todays market but it seems from one Derby forum that they made a killing on him .

Of course you do.

In today's transfer market I think that, yes, he's very good value at 10 million. As per a previous discussion I had with you on here, I have seen him playing for Kevin's in addition to our under 19's ,21's and senior side. You seem to be attempting to lend credibility to your argument by substantiating it with comments from an internet forum - never a great sign if you are trying to put forward an informed opinion.

If you consider that Derby brought him over as a youth player eight years ago and that he has played over 200 senior games for them (to be then sold on for a fee of 10 million pounds) then, yes,  Derby County have had great service from Jeff culminating in a very profitable transfer fee for them.

Also, you still haven't answered my original question. Third time of asking now.Smile
Right a player who is a sub not in the first starting 11 in my book is a bench player very simple Tony  .
And if you say him in his nappies well good on yer , you have players who have promise and never make it and have to make do as I am sure Tony you know quite a few players whom have come back to Ireland with their dreams shattered .
Because you like myself have only seen him as a whole playing for Ireland I kind to lean to people from this internet thing who think he is not as good as you think , hey you want to Talk about Galway United and their players I can give you a bit more info on them but if you know better Tony hey why is it me who has to have a pop at you as you seem to know more than most .
Right have to go as I am late the traffic in Galway can be hell but you would know more about that then myself I would say .  

Were you sober when you wrote this?LOLLOL

The traffic in Galway must have a really traumatic effect on you lads if this is the kind of output that occurs as a direct result. As a few others have pointed out, Hendrick was a consistent starter for Derby throughout his time there as long he was free of injury. To describe him as a 'bench player' is laughable and just downright inaccurate. It's great that you're able give an informed opinion on Galway United's players - if you're going to express a forthright opinion on something it'll always work out better for you if that opinion is an informed one unlike the one you've expressed here in relation to Jeff Hendrick.

Finally, I know f*ck all about Galway traffic so I can't help you there.
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 10:11pm
Can't wait to see Jeff in the epl. Huge fan of his. Touch of class about him.

And he loves liking the odd provocative bird post on Instagram.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 11:18pm
Has he actually signed for them for £10m?

He is one of our better performers over the last 2 years with a great Euro's under his belt and still only young. I would say, on that basis, he is worth £10m in today's market as it has become ridiculous.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 11:22pm
i'd rather him at Burnley at Hull, i rate them as having a better chance of staying up and Hendrick and Defour is a very good midfield pairing
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 6:58am

Of course you do.

Were you sober when you wrote this?LOLLOL

The traffic in Galway must have a really traumatic effect on you lads if this is the kind of output that occurs as a direct result. As a few others have pointed out, Hendrick was a consistent starter for Derby throughout his time there as long he was free of injury. To describe him as a 'bench player' is laughable and just downright inaccurate. It's great that you're able give an informed opinion on Galway United's players - if you're going to express a forthright opinion on something it'll always work out better for you if that opinion is an informed one unlike the one you've expressed here in relation to Jeff Hendrick.

Finally, I know f*ck all about Galway traffic so I can't help you there.
Hell so there is something that you know nothing about LOLLOLLOL 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 143>
  Share Topic