Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 143>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

Hendrick was a very solid player in his day, people seem to forget that. I just think he has fallen off a bit and his heart isn't in it anymore. It happens.

For who?  I never thought much of him as a player tbh.

I remember being down in Turners cross for the pre 2016 friendly v Belarus which we lost.  Hendrick was either playing or came on.  He was absolutely useless and I remember thinking ''what is this lad doing in the squad''.  Then he had a good Euros and then never played well again after that bar maybe one game under Kenny (was it Slovakia?).

James McCarthy was the most overrated midfielder I've seen play for us.  Cowardly on the pitch.

all our midfielders have very poor since Keane and Holland/Kinsella left.

Wes was the best of them but he couldnt tackle and was lightweight.

None of the bar Wes could see a forward pass. On his good day Hendrick could slip a ball through but they were few and far between.

Now the term for these poor midfielders who cant pass the ball is ''defensive midfielder''.   Back in the day they were just called 'sh*t'.

Whatever happened to midfielders who had to shield the back 4 and pass the ball well and score goals.  You didnt get a game in the old days if you couldnt do all of those. 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 8:49pm
Jayus I seen a lot of new posts on the Jeff Hendrick thread and I thought he was called up to the Ireland squad or something. 
Some melt down on here if he was haha.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

I wonder would dyche give him a go at everton? played his best stuff under him at burnley imo

Not unless they’re looking for someone to hand out the bibs 
Realrover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 7:40pm
Hendrick was a very solid player in his day, people seem to forget that. I just think he has fallen off a bit and his heart isn't in it anymore. It happens.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:42pm
Anybody with the amount of caps he has should be down in history as a legend in green. Showed glimpses of ability in games and then seemed more interested in fixing his hair. Sad really. No.13 eh 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Shocking non-footballer. Gone from being the worst footballer in the Premier league for years to now being the worst in the Championship. No chance Everton taking him on. league 2 is probably his level now. With all the money he's somehow earned from the game Jazzy may as well  retire at the end of the season now, he's certainly nothing left to offer Ireland any more, nor has he really for some 7 years now. 
New career waiting as a hair model perhaps?
100% Conan. Sure what would coaches/scouts at the likes of Derby, Burnley, Reading, QPR, Sheff Weds & Newacastle know about the talents required to be a pro footballer. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 5:51pm
Great admiration for Jeff in squeezing so much money out of the english, good work fella.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 5:45pm
There were only five lads 25 and under in the Euro 2016 squad, they should really have been the backbone of the team since then. But the careers of all five of them seem to have petered out by age 30 or thereabouts. James McCarthy can't stay fit and even when he has been fit he's looked done for about three years now. Hendrick is just falling away to nothing really. Cyrus Christie never kicked on as it was hoped he would. The game seems to have moved on from Shane Duffy type centre backs and he's struggling even in the Championship. And Robbie Brady was ruined by injuries. 

Even looking outside of that squad at other players around the same age, Harry Arter hasn't played regularly for years, Matt Doherty has been drifting since the Spurs move and neither Egan or Stevens at Sheffield United look the players they were two or three years ago. There's really not much left for us in the age 30+ players at this point, just whatever we can get out of Egan and Doherty really. A bit of a lost generation of players that we'd have hoped for a lot more from.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

You can't criticise a player for lacking ability. In fact, if Jeff is as sh*t as everyone claims he is, fair play to him for making it as a professional footballer at PL level. Unless people thinks he has ability, but lacks attitude. 

Not attitude but I do think hes lost a bit love for the game is coasting it the last while, it'll be telling where he ends up after his Newcastle contract expires. I cant see him bothering to drop the leagues and play for £2-3k a week into his late 30s like Whelan or Quinn did.
He could probably get a good offer of £10k~ a week in League One. Huge drop from his current salary obviously but yeah, I'd say his next contract could well be his last one.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

You can't criticise a player for lacking ability. In fact, if Jeff is as sh*t as everyone claims he is, fair play to him for making it as a professional footballer at PL level. Unless people thinks he has ability, but lacks attitude. 

Not attitude but I do think hes lost a bit love for the game is coasting it the last while, it'll be telling where he ends up after his Newcastle contract expires. I cant see him bothering to drop the leagues and play for £2-3k a week into his late 30s like Whelan or Quinn did.

Edited by Bandwagon - 15 Nov 2023 at 4:41pm
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 4:06pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 4:04pm
Same auld bitter begrudgery sh*te!
Idah Dream!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:58pm

I wonder would dyche give him a go at everton? played his best stuff under him at burnley imo

LOL

WTF would Dyche want with him?
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:57pm
Shocking non-footballer. Gone from being the worst footballer in the Premier league for years to now being the worst in the Championship. No chance Everton taking him on. league 2 is probably his level now. With all the money he's somehow earned from the game Jazzy may as well  retire at the end of the season now, he's certainly nothing left to offer Ireland any more, nor has he really for some 7 years now. 
New career waiting as a hair model perhaps?
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:54pm

He'll never play another second in the PL, miles off the standard
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:45pm
He came to Sheffield Wednesday as an £80,000 a week, 79 cap Ireland international on loan from a PL top four side. Realistically, expectations were that they were getting a player capable of raising the bar for them. It has not worked out and the new manager clearly doesn’t rate him so an early exit would make sense.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:42pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:21pm
Some drop off in the last few years for Jeff. If he's no longer good enough for the worst team in the Championship then you'd wonder what his next move will be once his Newcastle contract expires.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 143>
  Share Topic