FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 143>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 4:48pm
It is always a bit dangerous to judge a player on a summer tournament.  There are numerous examples of players who have lit up international tournaments, received big money moves on foot of it and then flopped spectacularly.  Immediate examples would be Karol Poborsky, Toto Schiallachi and Eric Djemba Djemba (so good they named him....etc).

I was blown away by Hendrick at this tournament.  He was the first Irish midfielder I saw demanding the ball since Roy.  But its a bit of a concern that he struggled for his game in the Championship last year (even allowing for injuries).  If he is as good as he appeared this last month you would have expected him to be a regular in the PL by now.

Hopefully he's the exception that proves the rule....
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:17pm
Brilliant tournament for Jeff, most enjoyable Irish player to watch by some distance
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 12:24pm
Hendrick was our player of the tournament,I was really impressed by him.Hopefully he pushes on now at club level.

a midfield trio of McCarthy,Hendrick and Arter should be the way forward in the WC qualifiers.

We now badly need to find a LB and a striker.

d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 12:03pm
agreed completely future does look a bit brighter. if all of the younger lads made no impact i would be very worried.

hopefully brady and hendrick get decent moves they were both outstanding. 

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Salmon of Knowledge Salmon of Knowledge wrote:

What I like about him is that he's physically imposing. A big strong 6-footer. For too long we've had too many little guys being outmuscled in midfield. I know the game should be all about technique, skill etc. but let's face it, the best teams are full of athletes too.

Yeah, he actually reminds me a little bit of Frank Lampard. Brady may have made all the headlines but Hendrick was undoubtedly our player of the tournament.

The most pleasing thing about France has been the fact that, despite going to the tournament with the oldest squad, nearly all of our best performers have been the younger players. Hendrick, Brady and Duffy all 24. Good times ahead hopefully.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Bit of a weird one, but do ya think if he'd a more "Irish" name he'd be more of a superstar? A lot of people over the last few weeks are very surprised to hear he's a born and bred Dub, assumed he's another one of the granny rule Irish.

If he was a O'Sullivan, Murphy, McCarthy or whatever he'd have a bigger profile IMO.

Regardless, great player and hopefully one of the first name on the teamsheet for the next campaign

Jeff played in the same St Kevins Boys team as Robbie Brady.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Coleman esque Coleman esque wrote:

Linked with Bournemouth and Palace according to several reports.

Imagine a Hendrick - Arter pivot at Bournemouth

that would be fantastic, really hope arter gets to show his worth in the green jersey during the WC qual campaign
Coleman esque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 6:51pm
Linked with Bournemouth and Palace according to several reports.

Imagine a Hendrick - Arter pivot at Bournemouth
Salmon of Knowledge View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salmon of Knowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 4:53pm
What I like about him is that he's physically imposing. A big strong 6-footer. For too long we've had too many little guys being outmuscled in midfield. I know the game should be all about technique, skill etc. but let's face it, the best teams are full of athletes too.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 1:38pm
Shame he couldnt add a goal to his tournament but certainly player of the tournament for me.

Finally a player who breaks a long time tradition and actually tries to play and create chances. For years we've had midfielders who want to get rid of the ball as soon as receiving it. Hopefully he fulfils his undoubted potential Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 1:11pm
delighted with the progress of hendrick and in the middle with McCarthy looks good if we can get arter in there too brady on the left plus a n other we aren't in bad shape at all

our best performer in france yeah
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 12:40pm
He had a fantastic tournament, certainly up there with our best performers. 
However, he also showed a petulant side earning needless bookings, which would've cost him his place had we made the next round.

For me his emergence in our more youthful midfield along with Brady, has meant that we should no longer need two holding defensive midfielders for the next campaign and beyond.

I'm quite sure he'll have a few premier league sides chasing his signature this summer.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 11:27am
I'd be pretty shocked if a PL club doesn't come in for him, he'd be more suited to the Premier League then he would be to the Championship. I'd prefer to see him in Germany or Spain, he could flourish in a technical league. 

DERBY County midfielder Jeff Hendrick is reportedly attracting interest from a trio of Premier League clubs.

Everton, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth are all keen on the 24-year-old, according to The People.

Everton under Koeman would be an excellent move. Hopefully Gibson gets his act together also.

Edited by SByrne24 - 27 Jun 2016 at 11:28am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Bit of a weird one, but do ya think if he'd a more "Irish" name he'd be more of a superstar? A lot of people over the last few weeks are very surprised to hear he's a born and bred Dub, assumed he's another one of the granny rule Irish.

If he was a O'Sullivan, Murphy, McCarthy or whatever he'd have a bigger profile IMO.

Regardless, great player and hopefully one of the first name on the teamsheet for the next campaign
nah, anyone who actually follows irish players week in week out have known him for years. anyone that just jumps on the bandwagon might be only getting to know him now.
Never miss a chance to roll out the B word in here do we? LOL

IMO, he's gone into one of the "4 or 5 players" that everyone in Ireland can name, and for us football fans, he's become one of the key Irish players. Would expect him to move to the Premiership this summer.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 9:00am

nah, anyone who actually follows irish players week in week out have known him for years. anyone that just jumps on the bandwagon might be only getting to know him now.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 8:53am

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

defo our player of the tournament for me. just looks class. strong, good on the ball, good shot. hes got everything to go on and get even better. will go on to captain ireland id say. 

Jeff has had a quality Euros. Hopefully an EPL club will come in for him now.

yes but i wouldn't want him sitting on the bench week in week out. it will be interesting to see what happens. Derby have a lot of midfielders that are quite similar to each other. With Pearson coming in this season we will have to see what he prefers. Looking at Jeff in the euros you would imagine he would be in the starting lineup.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 8:17am

defo our player of the tournament for me. just looks class. strong, good on the ball, good shot. hes got everything to go on and get even better. will go on to captain ireland id say. 

Jeff has had a quality Euros. Hopefully an EPL club will come in for him now.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 143>
  Share Topic