You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14201421142214231424 1459>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote More Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Plenty of Irish fans mugged and robbed in Paris when we were there in 2004 and 2009.
Even lads on this forum .

It's not the first time it happened. And it's not the only place it happens. The way the scousers go on, you'd swear it was the first time an innocent football supporter got a slap outside a football ground. I'm sure pleanty of opposition supporters still have their scars after visiting anfield and bumping into those harmless scallies 
Why not deal with the facts of what actually happened as opposed to posting like an oul' wan gossiping based on your own biases?

You've just thrown around a load of highly prejudiced waffle of the sort that internet blowhards who refuse to ever consider the possibility they could be wrong about anything love to do.

There is a massive preponderance of evidence here which says the French police and UEFA screwed up royally here and the Liverpool fans were overwhelmingly impeccable in their behaviour and indeed can take a great deal of praise from how they handled the situation. 

The reaction from some quarters to what happened has not just been a depressingly familiar example of how a story gets automatically plugged into the never ending right wing culture war but a touchstone for how democracies everywhere are floundering. 

Facts and context simply do not matter to so many people.

Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by More Anne More Anne wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Plenty of Irish fans mugged and robbed in Paris when we were there in 2004 and 2009.
Even lads on this forum .

It's not the first time it happened. And it's not the only place it happens. The way the scousers go on, you'd swear it was the first time an innocent football supporter got a slap outside a football ground. I'm sure pleanty of opposition supporters still have their scars after visiting anfield and bumping into those harmless scallies 
Why not deal with the facts of what actually happened as opposed to posting like an oul' wan gossiping based on your own biases?

You've just thrown around a load of highly prejudiced waffle of the sort that internet blowhards who refuse to ever consider the possibility they could be wrong about anything love to do.

There is a massive preponderance of evidence here which says the French police and UEFA screwed up royally here and the Liverpool fans were overwhelmingly impeccable in their behaviour and indeed can take a great deal of praise from how they handled the situation. 

The reaction from some quarters to what happened has not just been a depressingly familiar example of how a story gets automatically plugged into the never ending right wing culture war but a touchstone for how democracies everywhere are floundering. 

Facts and context simply do not matter to so many people.

This. It's frightening how people disregard the truth to suit their personal agendas
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 11:08am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

French Interior minister currently in a senate hearing regarding the events of Saturday - Now openly telling lies that journalists on twitter are openly debunking right away. 
Imagine being so brazen when the overwhelming evidence that exits proves you wrong. 

Cry me a river - journos on Twitter are now to be take as gospel, ye couldn’t make it up LOL 

Scousers have form, there are videos of them (and locals) storming gates and jumping fences. Their manager encouraged those without tickets to go to Paris and you could get a fake ticket as easy as been able to get a ticket for a ucd home match.

The French police also have form and it’s obvious they made a complete balls up of the other night.

Ah yea, the old 'fake news' mantra. 

Where are the videos of Liverpool fans storming gates?

Ps...As a United fan, you will be well aware of the Inter City Jibbers. 

Wheelo?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 1:54pm
Don't think Wheelo will be responding.

Strong statement released from Real Madrid today after similar issues suffered by their fans.
This was, as has been said from the start, gross mistreatment of fans and subsequent lies by the powers that be. Yet some are happy to turn it into tribal nonsense. 

“In light of the unfortunate events which took place on the 28th of May in the surroundings of and at access points to the Stade de France, and even inside the stadium itself, Real Madrid C. F. wishes to express the following in defence of our fans, who were victim to said events:

“We would like to know the reasons which led to this venue being chosen to host the final and the criteria used, taking into account the experiences of the day.

“Furthermore, we call for answers and explanations in order to determine those responsible for leaving the fans abandoned and defenceless. Fans who in general terms showed exemplary conduct at all times.

“We believe something which should have been a wonderful festival of football for all fans who attended the game, quickly turned into a series of unfortunate events which have caused a sense of outrage around the world.

“As was evident in the revealing images published by the media, several fans were attacked, harassed, assaulted and robbed in violent fashion.

“These occurrences continued as they moved in their cars or buses, causing concern for their physical well being. Certain fans even had to spend the night in hospital as a result of injuries.

“Football has transmitted an image to the world which is far away from the values and goals which it should pursue.

“Our fans and supporters deserve a response and those responsible to be held accountable in order for events like these to be eradicated from football and sport in general.”

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 3:14pm

French Interior minister currently in a senate hearing regarding the events of Saturday - Now openly telling lies that journalists on twitter are openly debunking right away. 
Imagine being so brazen when the overwhelming evidence that exits proves you wrong. 

Cry me a river - journos on Twitter are now to be take as gospel, ye couldn’t make it up LOL 

Scousers have form, there are videos of them (and locals) storming gates and jumping fences. Their manager encouraged those without tickets to go to Paris and you could get a fake ticket as easy as been able to get a ticket for a ucd home match.

The French police also have form and it’s obvious they made a complete balls up of the other night.

Wheelo?

Well aware of jibbers, but what’s that to do the with the price of turnips?

A quick search on google and you’ll find videos of Liverpool supporters, was widespread on twitter at the time, I’m sure you’ll find them easy enough.

While you’re at it, you might look for following also:

- newspaper articles of Klopp encouraging Liverpool supporters to travel to Paris without tickets

- reports of it Liverpool supporters trying to get into the ground with fake tickets. I don’t think anybody is denying this? We’ve a first hand account of it on here.

I’ll leave that with you 👍
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 3:27pm

Wheelo?

A quick search on google and you’ll find videos of Liverpool supporters, was widespread on twitter at the time, I’m sure you’ll find them easy enough.

- newspaper articles of Klopp encouraging Liverpool supporters to travel to Paris without tickets

- reports of it Liverpool supporters trying to get into the ground with fake tickets. I don’t think anybody is denying this? We’ve a first hand account of it on here.

Post up a video of Liverpool fans misbehaving since the video's are in "FACT" everywhere apparently?
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 3:47pm
Do you really think I'm going to spend time searching for videos I saw a week ago for someone on the Internet I don't know?

If you believe 10s of thousands of scousers were in Paris and none misbehaved you'd want to get out a bit more 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
More Anne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote More Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 4:09pm

Do you really think I'm going to spend time searching for videos I saw a week ago for someone on the Internet I don't know?

If you believe 10s of thousands of scousers were in Paris and none misbehaved you'd want to get out a bit more 
So no facts and no argument. 

Grand so.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 6:58pm

There were Irish (and other nationalities) in that queue as well. What's their form for jumping fences and storming gates?

Anyone can go to Paris at any time they want. Those who had tickets went to the game, those without tickets went to the fanzone. Getting a fake ticket for a match is easy, getting in with a fake ticket with all the technology about these days, is nigh on impossible. 

Real fans got much of the same treatment. The only thing they didn't get is the blame. Now we know why the French police can't deal with away fans at the average PSG-Marseille game anymore. There would be mass riots every time. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 10:57pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 9:48am

Wheelo?

You can’t post videos because there are none. There are
Videos of local scrotes jibbing in and every dope like you assumed they were Liverpool.
There are no articles about Liverpool fans with fake tickets because that was a UEFA lie. They have now apologized
You have had a f**king nightmare here.
Stop digging and move on 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 11:38am
Yea Wheelo you should provide proof! Any video I saw on twitter of people jumping the turnstiles were of people not wearing Liverpool gear, open to correction mind.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 11:49am
From the BBC website plenty of evidence of thuggery from locals and confirmation from police that they were jumping the fences into the ground. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61685718
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 1:15pm
@gerk, we’re going around in circles here and ain’t going to agree on it.

You’re obviously a biased Liverpool supporter and I’m obviously a biased Man Utd/ fc Utd supporter. That’s just life, ain’t it.

Rarely even browse this part of forum since siralex stopped posting, might have to start dipping in a bit more Shocked
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 4:47pm

You’re obviously a biased Liverpool supporter and I’m obviously a biased Man Utd/ fc Utd supporter. That’s just life, ain’t it.

Rarely even browse this part of forum since siralex stopped posting, might have to start dipping in a bit more Shocked

No bias here, just calling out lies.
And there is no one going around in circles. You are wrong. Simple.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:22pm

Were you in Paris to observe first hand the behaviour of the loveable scousers? Neither was I.....
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:40pm
I heard the Scousers started WWII and also killed Kennedy !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 6:26pm

Were you in Paris to observe first hand the behaviour of the loveable scousers? Neither was I.....

I know this is hard for you to understand.
But there are, literally, hundreds of articles/accounts that say the same thing. UEFA have apologised. Real have released a statement. This is all out there. You have absolutely no evidence of what you claim. We know what happened. You are done here. Move on
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14201421142214231424 1459>
  Share Topic