Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14001401140214031404 1452>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'm not sure he will.
I think he will give next year another go - if it goes pear shaped like it did this year, he may step down early.

I think every manager has a shelf life. 

Even tho this season wasn’t great he would still walk away a legend.

100%

Even if Liverpool were to lose every single league game between today and the end of the season, he'd still have the full support ahead of next season.

At this moment it's a case of just writing the season off - and concentrate on doing well in the CL.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:14am

I'm not sure he will.
I think he will give next year another go - if it goes pear shaped like it did this year, he may step down early.

Who is the favourite to take over? 

People will remember him from the 90's because of his name but Stefan Kuntz was being touted when Germany were getting ragdolled in the Nations League.

Currently managing the U21's and won the last tournament with the side so be a promotion within.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:21am
How many years has Klopp been at Anfield for?

If he did go this summer it would be an anticlimactic way to bow out. 
Not only for this seasons results, but the way that he reached the holy grail last year with the title after 30 years and couldn't celebrate it with fans in the stadium. 
His last Anfield involvement with fans would be him telling the, to "put your hands away you f**king idiots" whenever a few tried to high five him at the Atletico game when Covid was just starting up in England LOL

Anyway, I think he'll do another season. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:44am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'm not sure he will.

Who is the favourite to take over? 

People will remember him from the 90's because of his name but Stefan Kuntz was being touted when Germany were getting ragdolled in the Nations League.

Currently managing the U21's and won the last tournament with the side so be a promotion within.

Yeah Kuntz would be most likely, has worked with a lot of the younger players in the current German squad so would be a popular choice ( though he didn't the last U21 Tournament ,Spain won beating Germany in the final, he did win the one before that though) 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How many years has Klopp been at Anfield for?

Not only for this seasons results, but the way that he reached the holy grail last year with the title after 30 years and couldn't celebrate it with fans in the stadium. 
His last Anfield involvement with fans would be him telling the, to "put your hands away you f**king idiots" whenever a few tried to high five him at the Atletico game when Covid was just starting up in England LOL

Anyway, I think he'll do another season. 

No matter what Kloop or Liverpool do.
Opposition fans will always find a negative and a way to belittle him or the club.

He's just won the CL and league for the 1st time in 30 years and months later posts about the boom cycle LOLWacko
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 12:38pm
I think anybody who believes there isn't a significant chance Klopp will leave Liverpool by this summer is deluding themselves

At the moment I'd say it's about 50/50 at best he'll stay, I'd say it's more likely he'll go

The 2022 World Cup final is 17 months away from this July

If you ever wanted to take the Germany job, it would be a very, very convenient time to do it

And if Klopp leaves LFC, we all know who's taking over from him
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:17pm

Not nearly so anticlimatctic as if he had to bow out after another season like this one! LOL

Anyhow, he's still only 53 - plenty of time for a re-build at Anfield, or a spell at another club, before he starts thinking of (semi-retirement with) the German NT.

My guess is he'll stay to try to repair this season's blot on his CV.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:21pm
He also hasn't been helped by the injuries to vital players, and players in hot form. I also have a belief that sides have about two years in them before the need revamping, and after the past two seasons where they were unbelievably good, there was always a chance of a drop off.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:23pm
He has said he isn't interested in replacing Loew in the Germany job
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:31pm
I'd still give them a very good chance of winning the Champions League. If they can get another home game away from Anfield even better
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I'd still give them a very good chance of winning the Champions League. If they can get another home game away from Anfield even better
Mbappe and Neymar will be quaking in their boots at the thought of taking on Nat Phillips and Neco Williams
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 3:39pm
Yeah it's almost too perfect isn't it.

Mainz - 7 years
Dortmund - 7 years
Liverpool - 6 years

Germany, 18 months to a WC, and 3 years to a Euros at home. That job isn't going to be available again next year.

Stevie G for Liverpool? Or Brendan?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah it's almost too perfect isn't it.

Mainz - 7 years
Dortmund - 7 years
Liverpool - 6 years

Germany, 18 months to a WC, and 3 years to a Euros at home. That job isn't going to be available again next year.

Stevie G for Liverpool? Or Brendan?
Klopp will see out his contract unless he is fired.
Ljinders would probably top of the list to replace him at the moment. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 4:16pm
Klopp's not interested in the job.

Bookies have Kuntz as the favourite, with Klopp out the running, Nagellsman is the next favourite but it's probably too soon in his career for that followed by Hans Flick who's at a club who's just won 6 trophies in a short period of team.

It's effectively a 1 horse race imo.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:13pm
Ljinders will replace Klopp when he goes, but not this Summer.

No way will Gerrard get it yet.

American businessmen dont do sentiment.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Many examples of an assistant replacing the man he’s worked under and it being a success?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:34pm

Many examples of an assistant replacing the man he’s worked under and it being a success?

Seems obvious but J Loew. Oh and Paisley.

That's all ive got

Edited by McG - 09 Mar 2021 at 8:36pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:38pm

Ljinders will replace Klopp when he goes
He will in my hole
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14001401140214031404 1452>
  Share Topic