You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13731374137513761377 1456>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 11:19pm
Sponsored Links

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 2:44pm
Crazy night, hard to find words to describe it it was that bad. Got exactly what deserved so no complaints. Fair play to Villa, were brilliant. Have to hope it was just one of those nights, write it off and move on.  The derby will be well built up now. 

Players have done brilliant over the last few years so hard to understand how they were so bad (Adrian aside, he's shocking most of the time!)
Some people just deserve a slap
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 3:37pm
Didn't see that game last night, pity. For Liverpool fans watching them play regularly, should Klopp put Fabinhio in beside Van Dyke? He played brilliantly there away to Chelsea and with Thiago at the club I thought that he might become the regular centre back. 

Conceding 7 goals away to Villa, I can't get my head around that result having seen them play so assuredly against Chelsea. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 4:17pm
Chelsea had a man sent off in the first half and also missed a penalty second half. Plus Kepa handed Liverpool their second goal with an absolute howler. Was it that good a performance by them?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 4:44pm
The amount of clear chances we are giving away is not good enough. All season now its been the same. Its like back to when klopp first joined. I expect things will greatly improve when most of the squad is back but I think some changes in tactics are needed plus I think we need to replace Gomez, at least for awhile. He has been really bad since the return to football and a liability. Obviously Matip should come back but would go with Fabhino for the time being if Matip is out. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:19pm
Mane was a massive loss to the pressing game.

The midfield 3 also did not work hard enough which allowed Villa midfielders to get their heads up and pick passes behind LFC’s highline defence with Trent the target mostly.

The HT stats showed an equal game with shots on target which highlights another problem. Firmino and Salah miss too many chances. Harsh on Salah as he scores so many. The midfielders do not weigh in with enough goals.

2 howlers, 2 deflections and 2 I would expect Allison to save means I am not panicking and fully expect them to win the league comfortably.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:41pm
Easy on Gary, no criticism is allowed of Firmino.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:47pm
Did Man United lose 5-0 to Newcastle and then 6-3 to Southampton in about 1996/7 in successive matches and then go on to win the league? Think they were or either very close together.

I think this hiding will be a positive thing for Liverpool in the long run. I thought Arsenal exposes them a lot last week. This was in the cards.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 11:13pm
Alisson out for 6-8 weeks?
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 12:20am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Did Man United lose 5-0 to Newcastle and then 6-3 to Southampton in about 1996/7 in successive matches and then go on to win the league? Think they were or either very close together.

I think this hiding will be a positive thing for Liverpool in the long run. I thought Arsenal exposes them a lot last week. This was in the cards.

Yeah think so.  October 1996.

I think they lost at Southampton a few times around the mid to late 90's.  Think they lost there in the spring sometime too. 3-1 maybe.  Liverpool's problem is complacency.  I sensed it against Leeds.  They have definitely lost that fear or inner '''if we aren't 100% at it today we will lose''.  Too confident.  Van Dijk looks to me as if the game was too easy for him and now he doesn't feel like he needs to be on top of his game every time he plays.

Edited by Trap junior - 06 Oct 2020 at 12:24am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 12:30am

Lost to Southampton 6-3 in March/Apr 96 wearing grey shirts.
Win the league.

Lost to Newcastle Sep/Oct 96. Won the league.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 12:33am
Yes VVD very ‘relaxed’.

As much to blame as Gomez and Trent.

He now has to make tackles, bad sign.

“When I have to make a tackle, Ive already made a mistake” - Maldini.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Lost to Southampton 6-3 in March/Apr 96 wearing grey shirts.
Win the league.

Lost to Newcastle Sep/Oct 96. Won the league.

Was that not the 3-1?  I remember some game where Berkovic scored one or two

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 12:50am

They lost three games in a row

5-0 to Newcastle, 6-3 to Soton and 2-1 at home to Chelsea

Their points total was very low that year, I think they won the league with 75 points or something like that
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 12:55am
The invisible kit was April '96, Man Utd wore that blue and white kit in the 6-3 in October '96

Soton had a very thinly striped kit, that must have been what confused them, or it could have been Le Tissier

Manchester United lost two home European games as well around the time of that run of three league defeats, the first two home European matches they had ever lost, Fergie would have been sacked had that five defeat run happened a decade later
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:54pm
The Big V is crocked

ACL

What I suspected as soon as I saw it

Oh well

I'd suggest knee capping Pickford but that would only benefit the bitter Bluenose ****s

Hopefully Villa can win the league now that we're not going to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The Big V is crocked

ACL

What I suspected as soon as I saw it

Oh well

I'd suggest knee capping Pickford but that would only benefit the bitter Bluenose ****s

Hopefully Villa can win the league now that we're not going to

Who's we? LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:24pm
Not a Liverpool fan but something doesn't look right there, saw a couple of pre-season games their defense was all over the place, Leeds confirmed that in the first game and Villa compounded it the other week.........plus their luck seems to be running out on injuries and decisions, they won't be retaining the title
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13731374137513761377 1456>
  Share Topic