Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13261327132813291330 1452>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Spurs, United and Wolves.

Liverpool could potentially drop points in all 3 games.

It doesn't help that more and more players are getting injured. Hopefully, no new injuries after Sundays game.

Be it Leicester or City, Liverpool would have to drop points in a minimum of 6 of their remaining PL games for them to have any mathematical chance. Not just drop points though, they'd need to lose 5 games and draw one out of those 6. All the while Leicester or City would have to win every single remaining PL game (City have to still play Liverpool and City btw).

The gap isn't just big, it's uncatchable effectively. Liverpool have dropped 2 points in their last 28 PL games or something. They've lost 1 PL game from their last 60. It's mad that this is even a discussion tbh. Liverpool have 54 points to play for and I reckon they could drop over 25 points in them and still win the title as neither City or Leicester have shown anything to say they could get close to winning every remaining game from here.

Once again missing the point.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:16am
On the lookout for one ticket for Sundays game v Utd if anybody magically happens to come across one. Know there's a near 0% chance but have to ask. 
Some people just deserve a slap
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:58am

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

VAR helps, another one.....did the ball not hit his hand, did it not? ...you could be smart and say no! ......but fuk me we've seen them given, in this season of all seasons

You can't give a handball, when the ball was not handled, as in the above case. Unless you want to give a penalty, which probably should have been given if the goal wasn't scored. 

Without VAR, no goal could be checked for wrong decisions made. With VAR, everything is checked, so if there is no handball, it's obviously the correct decision.

The most boring title race I can remember. City won the title only 2 years ago with essentially 6 months to spare and it wasn't as boring as this. Liverpool are so far ahead of the pack it's scary.

According to you, there is no title race. So it can't possibly be boring. 

The gap will probably be 11 points by Liverpool's next game, so I'm sure Klopp will treat it as nearer to 1 point than 11. 36 more points and then the title race will be over. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 12:46pm
11 points is nearer to 1 point than it is to 11 points. That's where we are at now
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 1:05pm
11 points with two games in hand is not 11 points
It’s most likely 17 the way Liverpool are playing 

There is no title race. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 1:12pm
Yeah but just because the title race is boring/non-existent doesn't mean the top end of the table in general is. Liverpool are on course to break all sorts of records this season so it's interesting enough to see how long they can keep it going. It's obviously unlikely, but if they continued on their current trajectory into the second half of the season they would finish on 110 points!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

11 points with two games in hand is not 11 points
It’s most likely 17 the way Liverpool are playing 

There is no title race. 
Agreed.

Same as those who said Liverpool had a ten point gap on City last season forgot to mention City had two games in hand.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:02pm

It doesn't help that more and more players are getting injured. Hopefully, no new injuries after Sundays game.

Be it Leicester or City, Liverpool would have to drop points in a minimum of 6 of their remaining PL games for them to have any mathematical chance. Not just drop points though, they'd need to lose 5 games and draw one out of those 6. All the while Leicester or City would have to win every single remaining PL game (City have to still play Liverpool and City btw).

The gap isn't just big, it's uncatchable effectively. Liverpool have dropped 2 points in their last 28 PL games or something. They've lost 1 PL game from their last 60. It's mad that this is even a discussion tbh. Liverpool have 54 points to play for and I reckon they could drop over 25 points in them and still win the title as neither City or Leicester have shown anything to say they could get close to winning every remaining game from here.

That Liverpool should sign Glenn Whelan until the end of the season to make sure they have top level midfield quality cover available to them?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:42pm

That Liverpool should sign Glenn Whelan until the end of the season to make sure they have top level midfield quality cover available to them?

Your just proving the point about your inability to read what is in black and white.

Good man.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:47pm
You are or You're. 

If you're pointing towards a persons supposed inability to read, the least you could do is get the most basic of English correct while being so condescending.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 14 Jan 2020 at 7:48pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:52pm

You are or You're. 

If you're pointing towards a persons supposed inability to read, the least you could do is get the most basic of English correct while being so condescending.

You're such a f**king loser.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:55pm
There are no ** in the spelling of the profanity you are using there. At least you got the you're correct though Clap

Edited by Hans Moleman - 14 Jan 2020 at 7:55pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:27pm

There are no ** in the spelling of the profanity you are using there. At least you got the you're correct though Clap
There is on here as the system will not allow the typing of a profanity. This is why some posters use for example, f.airy or f.u.c.k when wishing to type a profanity.

Its a load of ****.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:48pm
Oh I know LOL I'm just keeping up this enjoyable game horsey and I have going where we say things, but we are really saying nothing at all. It's quite fun actually.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:56pm
The Scouse boom-bust cycle, please, Count

The boom-bust cycle, now LOL
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:05pm
City dropping points on purpose to fuel the agenda against Liverpool fans is a particularly unsporting move IMO.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

City dropping points on purpose to fuel the agenda against Liverpool fans is a particularly unsporting move IMO.

That's one of the most pathetic posts I've seen on here in a while.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:11pm

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

That's one of the most pathetic posts I've seen on here in a while.

ah HorseLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13261327132813291330 1452>
  Share Topic