Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13061307130813091310 1456>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:09am
Surely between Milner and Wijnaldum for the last spot with Wijnaldum the big favourite I would imagine. Fabihno is surely now nailed on as the number 1 Liverpool midfielder in that deep position. Henderson is serious form further up in midfield. I think the starting 11 almost picks itself now with Milner the unlucky one. Barring injuries of course.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Surely between Milner and Wijnaldum for the last spot with Wijnaldum the big favourite I would imagine. Fabihno is surely now nailed on as the number 1 Liverpool midfielder in that deep position. Henderson is serious form further up in midfield. I think the starting 11 almost picks itself now with Milner the unlucky one. Barring injuries of course.

Yeah, would agree : Front three (assuming Firmino fit) and back 5 pick themselves based on current form. I'd favour Gini over Milner also but it's a nice position to be in as Milner would, most likely, do a fine job in there if picked. Wouldn't be quite so straightforward if Keita had been fit.....
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:13am

Given is impact in the 2nd leg, I'd agree that Wijnaldum will start. Milner to come on if they're a couple of goals up heading in to the last 20 minutes or so.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:19am
If Keita was fit it would be all up in the air. Can see Keita Fabihno plus 1 being the mainstays in midfield next season. Milner off the bench offers cover in different spots as well. Either way, I'd be pretty certain whichever midfielder is left out will get 20 to 30 minutes.

Is Firminho back training?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:32am
Firmino supposed to have trained yesterday but they didn't say whether that was full training etc. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

This is getting a bit tedious.

Bit like Aldridge's journalism.

I'd imagine that would be far better discussed in the "John Aldridge's Standard of Journalism Thread" : Off you go there.

I'd rather discuss which midfielder is likely to miss out on a CL final starting spot out of Gini, Fabinho, Milner and Hendo. 

At least Aldridge is football related. Have you read some of the unrelated topics discussed on the City thread in the last 11 days?

Wijnaldum Henderson and Fabinho would get my pick.
Milner a handy sub to have.

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:52am
Henderson should be the one to miss out. Very over rated
Fabinho the automatic first choice, Wijnaldum decent and Milner will do a solid job as always
Will Milner leave on a free this summer?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Fabinho the automatic first choice, Wijnaldum decent and Milner will do a solid job as always

Henderson has been in brilliant form recently - no chance he is left out.
Milner has one more year left on is contract. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:38am

Childish I’d say.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:53am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Only by those who don't watch him every week
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:55am
Agree
If you're English you have to do a lot more than most to lose the over rated tag in many irish football fans eyes

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:07am
Henderson was never a deep lying midfielder, but he was asked to a job there for a few seasons and he adapted and did pretty well.

He's a guy who wants to press right up, force the play without the ball. A lot of times as the deep midfielder you just have to hold your spot. That goes against what Henderson naturally wants to do. He did very well in that position for a couple of seasons though.

Since he's moved up the pitch you can see how much more natural it is to him. He's not the niftiest of players but his workrate and his crossing delivery are superb. He has been involved in a huge amount of goals late in the season since switching positions. Think he'll play most of next season there with Fabinho deeper.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:09pm

Bit like Aldridge's journalism.

I'd imagine that would be far better discussed in the "John Aldridge's Standard of Journalism Thread" : Off you go there.

I'd rather discuss which midfielder is likely to miss out on a CL final starting spot out of Gini, Fabinho, Milner and Hendo. 

That sounds like fun.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:22pm
LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:54am

Henderson was never a deep lying midfielder, but he was asked to a job there for a few seasons and he adapted and did pretty well.

He's a guy who wants to press right up, force the play without the ball. A lot of times as the deep midfielder you just have to hold your spot. That goes against what Henderson naturally wants to do. He did very well in that position for a couple of seasons though.

Since he's moved up the pitch you can see how much more natural it is to him. He's not the niftiest of players but his workrate and his crossing delivery are superb. He has been involved in a huge amount of goals late in the season since switching positions. Think he'll play most of next season there with Fabinho deeper.

That's often been said when talking about Henderson in his early Sunderland days. He has done ok in that holding role. What has let him down is that some games, he's been really positive from that position in terms of his passing, and then other games he's been fairly conservative. Definitely not as bad as is made out though.

Edited by The Huntacha - 24 May 2019 at 8:55am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 12:49pm

2.20 at Wolverhampton today there's a horse called Klopp running

Expected to lead for most of the way but finish second after being overtaken in the run in

Probably has big silly teeth on it too

I don't know why it has taken me this long to relaise this but you are VivaKenBarlow. Good ole Kenny had a hard on for United, but he smelt the way the wind was blowing and came back as Baggio the true blue Clap Clap Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

2.20 at Wolverhampton today there's a horse called Klopp running

Expected to lead for most of the way but finish second after being overtaken in the run in

Probably has big silly teeth on it too

I don't know why it has taken me this long to relaise this but you are VivaKenBarlow. Good ole Kenny had a hard on for United, but he smelt the way the wind was blowing and came back as Baggio the true blue Clap Clap Clap
LOL, Bob your tin hat needs to be replaced Wink
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 8:08pm
Anyone going the final 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13061307130813091310 1456>
  Share Topic