Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12821283128412851286 1452>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Guardiola is one of the worst possible managers you can have in this situation because he is so obsessed - particularly with winning the European Cup. 

He tends to take defeats really badly.
Really?

During his career, he has four times seen his team crash out of the CL in the quarters or semi's, but still go on to win the league title (once with Barca, twice with Bayern and last season with City). 

As for his (undoubtedly) obsessive nature, like eg SAF, he's obsessive about winning every single game he ever plays, whether CL, PL or a training ground 5-a-side.

Imo his experience and temperament are strengths, not weaknesses.
He's only once gone on to win a league title after going out of the Champions League - 2010 - and he had Messi then

All the other years he went out of the Champions League he either didn't win the League title or had it already won
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:45pm

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Guardiola is one of the worst possible managers you can have in this situation because he is so obsessed - particularly with winning the European Cup. 

He tends to take defeats really badly.
Really?

During his career, he has four times seen his team crash out of the CL in the quarters or semi's, but still go on to win the league title (once with Barca, twice with Bayern and last season with City). 

As for his (undoubtedly) obsessive nature, like eg SAF, he's obsessive about winning every single game he ever plays, whether CL, PL or a training ground 5-a-side.

Imo his experience and temperament are strengths, not weaknesses.
He's only once gone on to win a league title after going out of the Champions League - 2010 - and he had Messi then

All the other years he went out of the Champions League he either didn't win the League title or had it already won
OK, if he's so obsessive about winning the CL above all else, then why did he rest/rotate normally 1st choice players for the first leg at Spurs, then recall them for the following game against Palace in the league five days later?

(Palace's home record is so poor that the game was close to a "gimme")
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

They’ll batter United too.

League was decided last night.
LOL FFS
Whats so funny ?

Its my opinion (its a forum as you keep reminding people) that if City went through that Spurs would avenge them on Sat. Plus City would have two more games to worry about.

Spurs wont care about Sat now and City will win comfortably.

They will also hammer a sh*te Utd.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

City would be facing fixture congestion if they'd won tonight and now they aren't. And surely they should be capable of hammering the rabble that are United. Nailed on for the league.

City have 6 games left. Liverpool have a maximum of 7, and a 3 week break before the last one, if necessary. It shouldn't be a major inconvenience. 

This is the business end of the season, and this is where you want to be, competing for major trophies. Fatigue is not a valid reason for failure. Plenty of time for a siesta in the summer.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:02pm
Plus players should be in peak condition at this stage of the season so training would only consist of recovery between games.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:04pm
We've read all season on this thread that City can't win the league or CL as they've had too many games that will catch up with them. Now fatigue doesn't matter and all teams should be in peak condition in April.

So which is it?
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:06pm
Next seasons kit Clap
Some people just deserve a slap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:06pm
Depends on a lot of factors - coaching, players, injuries etc
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

We've read all season on this thread that City can't win the league or CL as they've had too many games that will catch up with them. Now fatigue doesn't matter and all teams should be in peak condition in April.

So which is it?

Well if we are just talking about Liverpool and City here. It seems to me that Liverpool are absolutely flying it physically coming into the home straight. Now there is luck involved in that, but there's also good management involved. Liverpool have in very few games gone flat out this season, but they've maintained a very consistent starting 11 the past couple of months which is huge for getting match rythym as the coaches now love to say.

City for me are a bit all over the place. De Bruyne and Mendy have missed huge chunks of the season. Aguero to me is just getting through games, as is Silva, they look knackered half the time to me. There is very little consistency in selection, which at this stage is absolutely crucial. Last night is what is without doubt the bones of City's best starting 11 in most people's minds. Last week against Spurs was anything but, and at this stage of the season that is madness. That may not all be on Pep, but it's just not a good place to be imo.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 8:08am
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:36am
Two things resolved this weekend 

1. Liverpool have set a club record EPL points total, with 9 more available.
2. City cannot win the league by "a dozen points" as was the common   pundit prediction before Day 1.

While two more wins for Liverpool, will mean City cannot win the league by "6 points" as predicted by the slob on 24 Feb. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:39am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Two things resolved this weekend 

1. Liverpool have set a club record EPL points total, with 9 more available.
2. City cannot win the league by "a dozen points" as was the common   pundit prediction before Day 1.

While two more wins for Liverpool, will mean City cannot win the league by "6 points" as predicted by the slob on 24 Feb. 

What an irrelevant post LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:41am
So irrelevant he posted it twice
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:50am
One thing that's baffling me in Liverpool fans, not all, but some, who, when their team has their most realistic opportunity of winning the title in 30 years, are focusing on United being beaten by Everton, or more baffling, that United are going to throw the game against City on Wednesday.

Focus on your own team lads, enjoy the run in, it may, I don't think it will, but it may be the only one you have for a few years. Never mind what could and might happen with other teams
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

One thing that's baffling me in Liverpool fans, not all, but some, who, when their team has their most realistic opportunity of winning the title in 30 years, are focusing on United being beaten by Everton, or more baffling, that United are going to throw the game against City on Wednesday.

Focus on your own team lads, enjoy the run in, it may, I don't think it will, but it may be the only one you have for a few years. Never mind what could and might happen with other teams

I think you are kinda missing the point that Liverpool's title chances are reliant on what other teams like United do.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:22am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Fans aren't actually playing the matches so what does it matter. Liverpool need City to drop points otherwise they've no chance. Obviously they're going to obsess over it. City's games are as important as Liverpools.

Edit: Liverpool were also in a better position five years ago than now.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 23 Apr 2019 at 10:23am
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:45am
Liverpool fans will be watching every City game intently and rightly so.
This is the one of the best premier league title challenge (maybe the best?).
Certainly the team that comes 2nd will be the best RU ever and the points total will have been enough to win all bar two of the previous premier leagues.

Interesting weeks ahead. 

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 2:24pm
Don't get me wrong, I 100% agree that they should have a massive interest in the game.
It's that they seem more interested if United will lay down for City effectively costing them the league.
Or blaming United for losing the title.
I just think it's bizarre that they're focusing on those aspects rather thathe fact that they are 1 pt ahead with a game left
Ride the wave and enjoy the ride
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12821283128412851286 1452>
  Share Topic