You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12621263126412651266 1452>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Another below par performance from Liverpool 

Didn't deserve anything from the game. Nobody played well.

That's ridiculous in fairness Gav. Liverpool probably deserved to edge it 1-0 without being at their best. 

Don't think it was that bad of a result with no away goal conceded and the tie is still very much 50-50 imo.

50-50, Bayern are at home with an outstanding home record over the years, Liverpool have lost their last four away games in the CL. Bayern should rightly be big favourites to progress
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:11pm
Keita is a dud. Could have played 2 killer passes last night but held onto the ball too long before releasing the pass. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

That's ridiculous in fairness Gav. Liverpool probably deserved to edge it 1-0 without being at their best. 

Don't think it was that bad of a result with no away goal conceded and the tie is still very much 50-50 imo.

50-50, Bayern are at home with an outstanding home record over the years, Liverpool have lost their last four away games in the CL. Bayern should rightly be big favourites to progress

Defintely not big favourites especially when they haven't got that away goal. I don't bet that much but I assume Liverpool would be close to evens to go through. The bookies won't have an ordinary looking Bayern team as big favourites to go through imo. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Keita is a dud. Could have played 2 killer passes last night but held onto the ball too long before releasing the pass. 
Yeah made a balls of those 2 but did look good on the ball and seems to be improving every game. Was one of the better players. Henderson had a great game
Some people just deserve a slap
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:26pm
Henderson having a great game is great news for Bayern as he should start the return leg.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:56pm
I thought Keita got on the ball a lot more and looked livelier last night than in a lot of games I've seen him, but his final ball was poor at times.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:00pm
FC Bayern have not had a clean sheet in the 6 domestic games (5 Bundesliga and 1 DFB Pokal) played this year. They have conceded 10 goals in those 6 games. Very unusual to see a FC Bayern side set up to get a 0-0 like they did last night. 
Thought Matip and Keita were very good last night with Fabinho and Henderson both excellent.
With VVD back and Kimmich out, the 2nd leg is pretty well balanced and should be a good game.
The ghost of Howard Gayle might haunt Bayern.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:02pm

Defintely not big favourites especially when they haven't got that away goal. I don't bet that much but I assume Liverpool would be close to evens to go through. The bookies won't have an ordinary looking Bayern team as big favourites to go through imo. 

Paddy Power would agree with you, surprised at the to qualify price when Bayern have better odds to win the game. Maybe some nerd can explain that 

< ="btn-odds" ng-=" 'btn-odds--short': $ctrl.short, 'btn-odds--drift': $ctrl.drift, 'btn-odds--ed': $ctrl.ised, 'btn-odds--highlighted': $ctrl.isHighlighted " ng-="$ctrl.is" ng-click="$ctrl." style="border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-radius: 2px; -shadow: rgba0, 0, 0, 0.2 0px -2px 0px 0px inset; padding: 0px; outline: none; : rgb201, 218, 42; color: rgb76, 114, 29; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; letter-spacing: -0.1px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.14; font-weight: 700; height: 36px; width: 73.8281px; transition: 3s step-start 0s, color 3s ease 0s; cursor: pointer;">EVS
The Draw
< ="btn-odds" ng-=" 'btn-odds--short': $ctrl.short, 'btn-odds--drift': $ctrl.drift, 'btn-odds--ed': $ctrl.ised, 'btn-odds--highlighted': $ctrl.isHighlighted " ng-="$ctrl.is" ng-click="$ctrl." style="border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-radius: 2px; -shadow: rgba0, 0, 0, 0.2 0px -2px 0px 0px inset; padding: 0px; outline: none; : rgb201, 218, 42; color: rgb76, 114, 29; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; letter-spacing: -0.1px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.14; font-weight: 700; height: 36px; width: 73.8281px; transition: 3s step-start 0s, color 3s ease 0s; cursor: pointer;">13/5
Liverpool
< ="btn-odds" ng-=" 'btn-odds--short': $ctrl.short, 'btn-odds--drift': $ctrl.drift, 'btn-odds--ed': $ctrl.ised, 'btn-odds--highlighted': $ctrl.isHighlighted " ng-="$ctrl.is" ng-click="$ctrl." style="border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-radius: 2px; -shadow: rgba0, 0, 0, 0.2 0px -2px 0px 0px inset; padding: 0px; outline: none; : rgb201, 218, 42; color: rgb76, 114, 29; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; letter-spacing: -0.1px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.14; font-weight: 700; height: 36px; width: 73.8281px; transition: 3s step-start 0s, color 3s ease 0s; cursor: pointer;">12/5
To Qualify

Bayern Munich

< ="btn-odds" ng-=" 'btn-odds--short': $ctrl.short, 'btn-odds--drift': $ctrl.drift, 'btn-odds--ed': $ctrl.ised, 'btn-odds--highlighted': $ctrl.isHighlighted " ng-="$ctrl.is" ng-click="$ctrl." style="border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-radius: 2px; -shadow: rgba0, 0, 0, 0.2 0px -2px 0px 0px inset; padding: 0px; outline: none; : rgb201, 218, 42; color: rgb76, 114, 29; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; letter-spacing: -0.1px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.14; font-weight: 700; height: 36px; width: 219px; transition: 3s step-start 0s, color 3s ease 0s; cursor: pointer;">17/20

Liverpool

< ="btn-odds" ng-=" 'btn-odds--short': $ctrl.short, 'btn-odds--drift': $ctrl.drift, 'btn-odds--ed': $ctrl.ised, 'btn-odds--highlighted': $ctrl.isHighlighted " ng-="$ctrl.is" ng-click="$ctrl." style="border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-radius: 2px; -shadow: rgba0, 0, 0, 0.2 0px -2px 0px 0px inset; padding: 0px; outline: none; : rgb180, 195, 37; color: rgb76, 114, 29; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; letter-spacing: -0.1px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.14; font-weight: 700; height: 36px; width: 219px; transition: 3s step-start 0s, color 3s ease 0s; cursor: pointer;">17/20
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:05pm
LOLit looked fine in the post, before I hit reply 

anyway its 

Bayern win: evens
draw:13/5
Liverpool: 12/5

To qualify both teams are 17/20 

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:07pm

Paddy Power would agree with you, surprised at the to qualify price when Bayern have better odds to win the game. Maybe some nerd can explain that

Away goals. Bayern might be slightly favoured to win the game but any form of score draw puts Liverpool through.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:45pm
Mane would wreck ya head, from the sublime to the ridculous, no composure thats his problem, god knows what he will be like on Sunday against the Manure Unhappy
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I've been whining about the performances for months now . I didn't give out about the result rather the performance and how there is no way we are winning any competition inn our current form as we are playing average and I would heavily fear a beating this Sunday based on the current level of the two sides.

I really can't explain why Salah and Firmino are so off. Are they burnt out? Low on confidence? Just weird how far behind they are from the levels they played at last year when the speed, skill and execution was a joy to watch

Salah is the joint top scorer in the league, and has 20 goals already this season. Firmino wasn't 100% fit against Bayern, and has contributed his own share of goals in general. 

Bayern came to Anfield to do a professional job. When you're away in the first leg, you want to get a result to bring home. That's what the team did, but neither side are favourites. The second leg should go more or less the same as the first, on the pitch. It wouldn't be a surprise if it goes the whole way. 

It's only a week since PSG were supposed to be blown away at utd. Instead , they just let the home side blow themselves out, and then finished the tie off in the second half. Liverpool are just as capable of doing likewise. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:18pm

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Shoite enough game, still think Liverpool will stick it to Utd this weekend

Genuine question and wumming aside, I always figured you to be a United fan albeit a closet one mind. Any EPL team in particular you follow doc? 
Said it on here before muff I have no affection for any PL teams really, but I will say when Utd beat liverscum any time I get great mileage outta some of the fckwit superfans that-sit on their holes in the local in their jerseys, ye know the types the know all’s who are loud when their winning and no where to be seen when the arse is falling out of them ( bit like the brothers rim on here), soft spot for Celtic but never been, Shamrock rovers and of course my first love 🇮🇪 , but honestly think I will have to suffer these annoying coonts this weekend crowing out of their holes that the league is back on when they beat Utd, hope I’m wrong though.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

That was a very nervy game from Liverpool. 
13 games to go now seems like a lot of games and only a 3 pt gap.

Top 3 teams have all win 19 games. 

Is VVD suspended v Bayern? If so Liverpool are f****ed.

Rice looked good, very good.

Against Bayern? That Bayern team?

How do you see the second leg going Hans?
A 4-0 cruise for Liverpool?

Indeed it wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool did cruise through the second leg. If Liverpool got the goal before ht, chances are the tie would be over.

Liverpool weren't great by any means, but they won't have to be to get past this Bayern side. Btw was Lewandowski playing last night?

As for United steamrolling Liverpool Sunday LOL Liverpool are now an  unbelievably efficient and boring team. They lose hardly any games of football. There are times when they bore the f*ck out of me now, but they'll win trophies. The PL will be won. They should go through comfortably against Bayern yet, and then the real fun and games in the CL will begin.

Clown

I'd hold firm with the clown emojis Brendan. Considering the tie is very much alive and I can still see Liverpool going through comfortably.

Also, if I was to bump some of the utter nonsense you spout on here, I'd probably run out of clown emojis. I wouldn't want to do that though, as I'll need a lot more of those for your comments in future no doubt.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:14pm

Indeed it wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool did cruise through the second leg. If Liverpool got the goal before ht, chances are the tie would be over.

Liverpool weren't great by any means, but they won't have to be to get past this Bayern side. Btw was Lewandowski playing last night?

As for United steamrolling Liverpool Sunday LOL Liverpool are now an  unbelievably efficient and boring team. They lose hardly any games of football. There are times when they bore the f*ck out of me now, but they'll win trophies. The PL will be won. They should go through comfortably against Bayern yet, and then the real fun and games in the CL will begin.

Who said United would steamroll Liverpool on Sunday? 

Soz, thought I read steamroll somewhere. Actually what I read was about a team on its knees, having no form whatsoever, playing atrociously, and never ever having a chance of getting a result against a rampant in form United side on Sunday LOL LOL LOL

Going by the comments on here from Liverpool fans mostly and some others, I'm expecting Roy Hodgson to be leading Liverpool out at OT this weekend LOL

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I've been whining about the performances for months now . I didn't give out about the result rather the performance and how there is no way we are winning any competition inn our current form as we are playing average and I would heavily fear a beating this Sunday based on the current level of the two sides.

I really can't explain why Salah and Firmino are so off. Are they burnt out? Low on confidence? Just weird how far behind they are from the levels they played at last year when the speed, skill and execution was a joy to watch

Salah is the joint top scorer in the league, and has 20 goals already this season. Firmino wasn't 100% fit against Bayern, and has contributed his own share of goals in general. 

Bayern came to Anfield to do a professional job. When you're away in the first leg, you want to get a result to bring home. That's what the team did, but neither side are favourites. The second leg should go more or less the same as the first, on the pitch. It wouldn't be a surprise if it goes the whole way. 

It's only a week since PSG were supposed to be blown away at utd. Instead , they just let the home side blow themselves out, and then finished the tie off in the second half. Liverpool are just as capable of doing likewise. 

I don't need stats I can see with my eyes. Salah has done ok.and shows what a good player he is that he is still getting goals, but he is still a long way off last season. 
I'd love to be wrong and Liverpool find that 4th or 5th gear and get a result. At least we will have the more or less first choice back 5 for the first time in ages. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:22am
Has no one realised that Salah cannot pass the ball ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:37am

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Clown

I'd hold firm with the clown emojis Brendan. Considering the tie is very much alive and I can still see Liverpool going through comfortably.

Also, if I was to bump some of the utter nonsense you spout on here, I'd probably run out of clown emojis. I wouldn't want to do that though, as I'll need a lot more of those for your comments in future no doubt.

With Bhob on self leave Cry 

Will Brendan step up to the plate? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12621263126412651266 1452>
  Share Topic