Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12571258125912601261 1456>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Whoever said it was impossible for City to win the league? 

It's like a retarded asylum at times on here

A few bumps and bruises along the way away aside, the title is done. It's over. Liverpool fans are in the majority who don't realise this and tbf it's understandable.

The big question for me is can they do the big double. I think they'll go very close. If you asked me to stick a bet on at value, I'd think they can get it done.

LOL
Sponsored Links

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 12:53pm

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Moleman already looking like a complete thick. Again.

It's a funny one really. If anyone was coming on here calling others thinks, you'd think they'd aim for the people speaking about Liverpool as if they are have a meltdown of a season and not one where they are 3 points ahead with just 13 games to play, having lost just 1 game all season.

Point proven, he's not a think.
The dark side.. And the light
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 1:11pm
I hope Liverpool win the league or laugh at Hans Knowitallman, meh either will do
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 1:17pm

I'd love to know where I said it was ever impossible for City to win the PL?

the title is done. It's over. 

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 1:31pm
Cmon lads, surely ye know by now that Hans doesn’t like to admit he’s wrong, even when there is very clear evidence to back it up. Be nice to him.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 1:43pm
”There is absolutely nothing to suggest Liverpool’s results in the second half of the season won’t be as good as the 1st”.

Yeah.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 1:48pm

West Ham defended really well last night. Liverpool ran out of ideas in trying to break them down and didn't look like scoring really after their goal. I got the feeling that the game could have gone on for another 20 minutes or so and Liverpool would still have been trying to break down West Ham's two banks.  

They looked a bit leggy more than nervous IMO. I'm sure they'll get their spark back in a week or two.

The way both City and Liverpool have been dropping points over the past few weeks it promises to be a really exciting end to the season, with the other competitions to play for as well.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The way both City and Liverpool have been dropping points over the past few weeks it promises to be a really exciting end to the season, with the other competitions to play for as well.
I've not really been following either team's games that closely recently (just radio, highlights, papers etc).

But would it be fair to say that City's recent substandard results have come from complacency, whereas Liverpool's have come from nerves?

If so, then it should be easier for Pep to knock the complacency out of his lot (by replacing the culprits  from the bench) than for Klopp to quell Liverpool's nerves*.

I'd still have Liverpool down as favourites, but the tide may just be swinging back in City's favour of late, so a really exciting end of season in prospect, as you say.

* - There's no doubt that quite a few Liverpool fans' nerves are beginning to jangle, but I wonder how Moleman's nerves are holding out? Still supremely confident? Or starting to whistle as he passes the graveyard? Wink 

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:40pm
I know the teams done well since he left but it really is missing a Coutinho-type player, a good number 10 basically, in games like last nights

Neither City nor Liverpool are going to win every game from now until May so still all to play for
Some people just deserve a slap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I've not really been following either team's games that closely recently (just radio, highlights, papers etc).

But would it be fair to say that City's recent substandard results have come from complacency, whereas Liverpool's have come from nerves?

The most recent loss to Newcastle was definitely not down to nerves IMO, as some commentators said. It was a very strange game. City scored early and then totally bossed the game with Newcastle rarely getting out of their own half, but City's final pass being just off all night so they failed to kill the match. They conceded a tame equalizer and even then still didn't seem to panic or look worried, and then gave away a penalty to lose the match. Probably complacency mixed with an off night in the final third.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:19pm
City have lost mainly due to freak results, rather than being well beaten. 
Liverpool have been dropping points (and even when winning points) while not really playing that well. 
Defo city are best placed. Even spurs if they get all their players and coming to play Liverpool at anfield, could see them taking all points in that .
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:37pm
My Top 4 predictions at this stage ;

1. City
2. Spurs
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

My Top 4 predictions at this stage ;

1. City
2. Spurs
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
Don't be so pessimistic Gary! If we get a result v Bournemouth on Saturday we're back on track. If not...
Some people just deserve a slap
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:37pm
of course the league isn’t over but mentally it must be taking its toll on the Liverpool players, they don’t look confident at all and the squad depth is really being tested. 

For the first time this season I thought their bench was extremely poor and whilst they’ve been brilliant this season I do feel they will fall short and city will go onto win it. 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I'd love to know where I said it was ever impossible for City to win the PL?

the title is done. It's over. 

Fantastic LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

What is closely following them then, refereeing them? Playing centre-half?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

City have lost mainly due to freak results, rather than being well beaten. 

That's bullsh*t. 

In all of their defeats since December 8th - to Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Leicester and Newcastle, they completely ran out of ideas, never looked like scoring again once their opponents did, and deserved to lose. 

Manchester City's games of late have followed a distinct pattern - they take a first half lead, and then concede an equaliser. That's happened in six of their last eight league games. In three of those games, they've gone on to lose. 

In the two where they didn't concede an equaliser - at home to ten man Wolves and away to hapless Huddersfield, they've been far from convincing. In fact a lot of their football of late has been played at walking pace. That is not a team at the top of their form by any means.

Aguero, however, is on a particularly good run of form for them of late. He's kept them in the race almost single handedly. 

But he's never far away from an injury. 

Edited by sid waddell - 05 Feb 2019 at 10:40pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 7:15am
They scored again after Palace scored. And almost scored again deep into injury time. If there was another 5 minutes I’d bet on them scoring. That’s the only game I watched in the above ones you listed👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12571258125912601261 1456>
  Share Topic