You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11681169117011711172 1454>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:14pm
It would be great to see him in the Prem for a season.

Would he be able to oust the dastardly duo of Mignolet and Karius though? That is the question.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:51pm
A Juventus legend signing for Liverpool? Not going to happen.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

It would be great to see him in the Prem for a season.

Would he be able to oust the dastardly duo of Mignolet and Karius though? That is the question.

If he couldn't then he'd be better off retired.

Not a chance that transfer happends. 

Pool need to sign a few for the back 5 this summer.
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:01am
Talk that they want him as back up for Karius. Good man Kloppo!
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Talk that they want him as back up for Karius. Good man Kloppo!

Whether that's true or not, it feeds into what I would see as Klopp giving Karius a full season as number 1 to see if he will keep progressing. Buffon then playing 10 or so cup games over the season. If they sign someone like Butland who they are strongly linked with, you'd imagine Butland would not sign under the premise that Karius is number 1 and he's only guaranteed a few games.

If there's any truth in such links, the biggest thing to take from it is that Mignolets time at the club should be coming to an end. That can only be seen as a positive for Liverpool fans.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 2:17pm
If Liverpool want to progress they need to upgrade the keeper.Neither keeper currently at the club is good enough and Buffon isn't the answer.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

If Liverpool want to progress they need to upgrade the keeper.Neither keeper currently at the club is good enough and Buffon isn't the answer.

Wouldn't dispute that either keeper isn't great, Mignolets days are numbered you would presume. Unless Liverpool are going signing someone of the ability of Oblak though, I don't see too much point in signing a keeper with similar ability to Karius. Which is imo, what signing the likes of Butland would be doing. I can see Klopp keeping Karius as number 1 next season, and seeing if he'll progress more. Whether he does or not is a different story altogether. 

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Haney View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 2:01am
lads any good bars or restaurants in chisinau or anything to do over there, over there for a couple of days before heading up to Kiev, staying in The Cosmos Hotel
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:38pm
Place is a bit of a sh*thole, unfortunately. There are few enough bars but sure you make your own craic when you find one. We drank in a place called the Old Bus which was alright.

If you don't have your train tickets from Chisinau to Kiev booked yet, make that the first thing you do when you get there. You will likely need a note with the train and the date you want on it, because the staff are sure enough not to know English. You're best to use the train number as well as the destination, to make sure there are no muck ups. The destination board should have the train numbers. Chances are, you will want train number 066Щ or 341Ь. The other option, 047Щ, is liable to be no use, as it arrives in Kiev at like 3am. 066w is likely to be the best one - it leaves Chisinau at 23:23 and arrives in Kiev at 13:00 - that's perfect. 341b is a worse option - it takes longer (leaves 21:19 and arrives in Kiev at 15:03) and is lower quality - although it doesn't go through Transnistria, so you may prefer avoiding that potential hassle. Also, I'd pay the extra for "Kupe", or second class. It is four beds per compartment, rather than open plan bunks in third class. It should be about €45, rather than €30 for third class. In terms of time, don't worry too much. They tend to leave on time and arrive on time.

You could do a day trip down to Transnistria and back in the same day - there are plenty of minibuses. There's also a winery where you can do a tour though I didn't do that. Apparently it was decent.

Just a word of warning though: if you get a bus from Chisinau to Kiev, there's a good chance you won't be properly checked out of Moldova, because it is liable to go through Transnistria. That's a breakaway republic. The Moldovans don't love people coming and going from the country without passport and border checks both ways. I'm not sure how it works on train 66W, as it also goes through Transnistria. The other trains don't, so there will be no issue with them, as you will be properly checked in and out of the country. Now, of course, you will have a stamp "into" Moldova, and they may simply stamp you "out" again on leaving, but you'd have to hope they don't notice that the Ukraine "in" and "out" stamps are dated after your only Moldova "in" stamp. The Transnitrians don't stamp your passport but if you get a bit of paper from them, hold onto it carefully, as there may be issues (read: bribery) if you lose it.

All that being the case, 341b might be the best option, even if the quality of the train is a little lower and the stops more frequent, as it lowers any border hassle.

You aren't really able to book the train online. While it may seem you can do it from the Russian Railway's website, you can't really, unless you have some way to collect the ticket from a Russian Railway's office in Russia. You can potentially book it online from a travel agent in Moldova - but all they will do is go to the ticket office in Moldova, buy the ticket for you, then sell it on to you at a mark up. You may be happy to do that to have the peace of mind, but it's up to you. I don't know who will actually do that for you, though.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 19 May 2018 at 3:48pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:43am
Salah is going to honour ramadan that means eating at 3am and no water during before, during or after the CL final.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Salah is going to honour ramadan that means eating at 3am and no water during before, during or after the CL final.

Ah he should be able to get water just at the end of half time at sunset !
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Haney Haney wrote:

lads any good bars or restaurants in chisinau or anything to do over there, over there for a couple of days before heading up to Kiev, staying in The Cosmos Hotel

LOL had to book a night in there on the day we flew out as got a hook from a Badoo date.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Did you ever say, oh yeah Mam I went to mass? Hopefully it's the same thing and he's downing whurly burgers on the sly, well I ffing hope so, I plan on making some cheeky  -1 and -2 bets on Liverpool Big smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:26pm
Decent doc on Salah on Channel 4 last night, can be watched online on 4OD  Thumbs Up
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:34pm
Have it recorded, tonights viewing sorted
Some people just deserve a slap
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 10:45pm
Reports of Liverpool fans being set upon by Ukrainian hooligans in Kiev tonight 
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:47pm
I have heard of numerous reports of act of violence against supporters now. Can't say I am surprised with the final being where it is.

Attacking English teams supporters gets these lads headline news now. So they think it's great 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:56pm
Nothong too serious by the looks of it ... more violence outside Anfield against City in the CL than this event at the Kiev restaurant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11681169117011711172 1454>
  Share Topic