Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10461047104810491050 1452>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 10:31am
We had the same issues under Dalglish and again under Rodgers.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 10:33am
They now reckon Klopp is the worst Pool Manager since Michael Barrymore Unhappy
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 11:05am
Noone wants him out, no ones calling for him to go. Fans just want the failings of the last number of years to be addressed and sorted and that isn't being done unfortunately
Some people just deserve a slap
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I've absolutely no confidence in Liverpool getting anything out of that game against Man United atm. United have what Liverpool haven't - A solid defence and a clinical striker. Yes, you could call them flat-track bullies as they haven't met any of the big teams yet but they're still picking up the 3 points as expected.

Their results this season and their opponents current position.

Utd 4-0 WHU (15th)
Swans 0-4 Utd (18th)
Utd 2-0 Leicester (17th)
Stoke 2-2 Utd (13th)
Utd 4-0 Everton (16th)
Soton' 0-1 Utd (12th)
Utd 4-0 Palace (20th)

The highest team they've faced is 12th, and they struggled to get a result then. Their season really starts after the international break.

Liverpool remain one point off 4th. That has to be the club's main goal this season, and it's more than doable. 4th is now an automatic ECQ spot. Talk of league titles though is going to have to wait a bit longer.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I've absolutely no confidence in Liverpool getting anything out of that game against Man United atm. United have what Liverpool haven't - A solid defence and a clinical striker. Yes, you could call them flat-track bullies as they haven't met any of the big teams yet but they're still picking up the 3 points as expected.

Their results this season and their opponents current position.

Utd 4-0 WHU (15th)
Swans 0-4 Utd (18th)
Utd 2-0 Leicester (17th)
Stoke 2-2 Utd (13th)
Utd 4-0 Everton (16th)
Soton' 0-1 Utd (12th)
Utd 4-0 Palace (20th)

The highest team they've faced is 12th, and they struggled to get a result then. Their season really starts after the international break.

Liverpool remain one point off 4th. That has to be the club's main goal this season, and it's more than doable. 4th is now an automatic ECQ spot. Talk of league titles though is going to have to wait a bit longer.

Good post. Completely agree. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 9:27pm
Liverpool will beat Man United and will then draw with somebody sh*te like Swansea the next match.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Nutters hounded Kenny Dalglish out of the job, on the back of 2 cup finals and a trophy.

I'd thought I'd underline it for you, cause you are not the brightest.

Edited by Bo Jackson - 03 Oct 2017 at 9:44pm
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 2:35am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Must be very frustrating to be a Liverpool fan. We all know their potential. They have a phenomenal attack but if they're misfiring or having an off day there really isn't an alternative. A long season ahead for them. The manager gets an awful lot of slack for his personality but the truth is he hasn't been able to manage them correctly, yes he kept Coutinho but who has he brought in to strengthen them? Another fast attacker, a mediocre Arsenal squad player, a championship left back, if they're looking to compete for the league it's not good enough and the manager should be held accountable.

The defence has been poor for 4 or 5 years now, under 2 different managers.

Disagree that Robinson is championship quality, what ive seen from him so far has been really impressive. Small, but comfortable on the ball, and wants to make things happen.

Oxlade Chamberlain has been very disappointing, didnt want us to sign him and unfortunately ive been proven right. Maybe he'll prove me wrong in time, but i cant see it.
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 9:26am
It is frustrating. Like someone else said, we always seems to be about 4-5 players short. We have all this great attacking midfielders but no top goal scorer lethal in the box.
Goalkeeper situation is a concern for years and now we do not even have a dead on number 1, think a consistent sides needs that.
The most frustrating thing though is we work so hard to get a goal or two, often a very worked goal or piece of magic, but then give up these goals so easily through very basic mistakes.

Maybe next year

Edited by t_rAndy - 04 Oct 2017 at 9:27am
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 4:26pm
Máne out for 6 weeks with a hammy. Some massive games in there Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Seville to name a few
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Máne out for 6 weeks with a hammy. Some massive games in there Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Seville to name a few

Oak hunt... Angry
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 5:30pm
That's why squad depth, which Liverpool don't have, is important.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:22pm
fcukin sh*te! six weeks! 2-0 up goes off in the 89th min with a hammy!Angry
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If Mo Salah had four shots at Tupac, he'd still be alive.

Bump.

Quality player all the same.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm
remember a certain Luiz Suarez in his first season at anfield. He missed an awful lot of chances and he didnt turn out too bad

Salah is a dangerous player and if he can sort out his shooting boots, who knows how good he can become

must win game tonight, which means we will lose in the 85th minute due to a defensive error
Its very frustrating being a Slob
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:17pm
Don't get me wrong, he has arguably been Liverpools best player.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

remember a certain Luiz Suarez in his first season at anfield. He missed an awful lot of chances and he didnt turn out too bad

Salah is a dangerous player and if he can sort out his shooting boots, who knows how good he can become

must win game tonight, which means we will lose in the 85th minute due to a defensive error

They've been saying it for years IF he can sort his shooting boots - problem is, he can't, most frustrating player ever, brilliant outside the box then sh*ts himself in front of goal
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:04pm
for all the chances he has missed, still has a goal every two games, not bad
Its very frustrating being a Slob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10461047104810491050 1452>
  Share Topic