You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10251026102710281029 1456>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think we agree to let him go next year. Hard on the player because he might not get that chance again but he has a contract and has to understand the reality is we would not be able to replace him this sunmer

Wishful thinking. Coutinho has a trump card. He can just stop playing. 

In which case Liverpool save themselves a lot of money when they don't pay his wages for breach of contract !
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:04pm
What is the point of contracts these days ....
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I think we agree to let him go next year. Hard on the player because he might not get that chance again but he has a contract and has to understand the reality is we would not be able to replace him this sunmer

In which case Liverpool save themselves a lot of money when they don't pay his wages for breach of contract !

That would be a lose lose scenario where no one gets what they want. It's very unlikely that situation will unfold
El Puto Amo
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:34pm

Back injuries can be a curse.  Sometimes you can just miss a preseason game and be fit for the start of La Liga.  Sometimes you could miss loads of premier league games.  

Sadly the players have far too much power these days.  Still if Liverpool fans want tea and sympathy they should call up Saints fans.  
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:35pm
The one thing in Liverpool's favour is that it is a World Cup year.  
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

That's an international team event, not a club tournament though so they cant play in it
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:43pm

He could, but that would be very doubtful. He does seem to enjoy Liverpool - can't blame him for handing in the request though when Barca are knocking. 

Liverpool should put him in the team for tomorrow. I always find that ohh his head is not in it line such bullsh*t. It's football match, after 10 minutes he'll be into the game like any other.  

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That's an international team event, not a club tournament though so they cant play in it

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:07pm

Back injuries can be a curse.  Sometimes you can just miss a preseason game and be fit for the start of La Liga.  Sometimes you could miss loads of premier league games.  

Sadly the players have far too much power these days.  Still if Liverpool fans want tea and sympathy they should call up Saints fans.  

I want no sympathy - Football club will still be there long after all this crop of players are gone. 
And I'll still be there on Saturday week, no matter who is signed or sold !

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:17pm
Who could Liverpool replace him with.
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Do you have a company job?

If so, you likely signed some form of contract when you joined.

How will you react if on Monday morning some huge, prestigious employer offers you a better job in a better environment on significantly better terms?

Especially if it comes with the proviso that if you don't accept by the end of the month, it's all off until January?

By which time not only may they still not want you (someone else recruited in your place), but possibly even no-one will, should something change significantly in the meantime (illness, injury etc)

Edited by Territorial - 11 Aug 2017 at 6:42pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Liverpool should put him in the team for tomorrow. I always find that ohh his head is not in it line such bullsh*t. It's football match, after 10 minutes he'll be into the game like any other.
Agree with your general point ("bullsh*t" etc).

But the problem could be with the other 10 players, if they feel they're having to carry a passenger who doesn't want to be there and is just taking the piss.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Do you have a company job?

If so, you likely signed some form of contract when you joined.

How will you react if on Monday morning some huge, prestigious employer offers you a better job in a better environment on significantly better terms?

Especially if it comes with the proviso that if you don't accept by the end of the month, it's all off until January?

By which time not only may they still not want you (someone else recruited in your place), but possibly even no-one will, should something change significantly in the meantime (illness, injury etc)

Not a valid comparison given footballers are an asset etc. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:28am
Back to business today, and I feel Liverpool are not ready for the start of the campaign. Two major targets look like they will be missed and our most valuable player looks destined to leave.

The squad that travels to Watford today is by no means capable of challenging for the league this year. Looks like the bench may consist of unproven young talent once again. This is not good enough. There was 3 months to prepare for this day and we look well short.

Now we have throw in European football on top of all that. It was clear that we needed numbers in in order to deal with this season and that is yet to materialise.

Consolidating our top 4 position would be a good season. Looking at the squads of the top 6 or 7. I don't think Liverpool's is one of the best 4

Today is the typical game Liverpool struggle with. So let's see how we start, as if we struggle today that trend is likely to continue
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 11:51am
That back line doesn't make me confident of keeping a clean sheet, hope I'm wrong...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 1:27pm
Well well well. Where do you start. Opening corner of the season and guess what we concede so easily. Second goal was a comedy of errors. So all in all nothing has changed over the summer. Liverpool will have to score 4 or 5 to win this game now as Watford are highly likely to score again.

Defence has been woeful. Three lads in midfield are not creating a thing although can did well for the goal. Firmino been awful. Salah looking rusty with mane looking like the only man who can do something.

Then there is the bench. Nobody really there who you would fancy to come off and turn the game for us.

Will do well to walk away with 3 points here against a very average team
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 1:32pm
A shambles of a first half
Some people just deserve a slap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 1:39pm
Business as usual lads...

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10251026102710281029 1456>
  Share Topic