You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10241025102610271028 1452>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:05pm
I could see an outcome where the club tells him they don't have time to fully replace him this summer, agree that they would be open to letting him go early next summer and hopefully then it gets put to bed for now. Then Coutinho has the season of his life, knowing he needs to impress other clubs, the club get £150 mill for him and then waste it on sub-standard replacements (Even I am cynical at times !)

Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If it was July 1st it might be a different story but there is no way we would be able to replace him.

Any club we are trying to buy from will be looking for mental money, e.g. van dijk becomes a 70m player!

Blame Neymar
El Puto Amo
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I could see an outcome where the club tells him they don't have time to fully replace him this summer, agree that they would be open to letting him go early next summer and hopefully then it gets put to bed for now. Then Coutinho has the season of his life, knowing he needs to impress other clubs, the club get £150 mill for him and then waste it on sub-standard replacements (Even I am cynical at times !)

....and then sign Tom Cleverly
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:07pm
....Or he'll be gone by next weekend for 120m and Liverpool then waste it on sub-standard replacements
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:08pm

Right lads, let's nail our individual colors to the mast here. An oul list is whats needed. Who thinks 
a) Coutinho goes before 1st Sept
b) Goes in Jan
c) Goes next Summer
d) Stays for more than a year 

a)
MC Hammered

c) 
Borussia
El Puto Amo
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:16pm

That's fair enough but there's no chance a club like Barca are just going to wait around for a year. They will clearly move for someone else (Eriksen, Hazard etc) and Coutinho's once in a career opportunity will be gone. I'm sure the club might try this approach with the player but I really doubt it will fly. I'd be amazed if Coutinho was still a Liverpool player by the time the current window closes.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

That's fair enough but there's no chance a club like Barca are just going to wait around for a year. They will clearly move for someone else (Eriksen, Hazard etc) and Coutinho's once in a career opportunity will be gone. I'm sure the club might try this approach with the player but I really doubt it will fly. I'd be amazed if Coutinho was still a Liverpool player by the time the current window closes.

They hung around for Suarez.......

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:25pm
True. I just think it's a hard sell to the player. Certainly if I was Coutinho I would see this as more than likely being my one chance to go to Barca.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:28pm
If request has gone in, its time to go. like all we said the same about VVD
Its very frustrating being a Slob
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:37pm

Ifirc Barca didn't bid for him the year before he left it was Arsenal
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Ifirc Barca didn't bid for him the year before he left it was Arsenal

I had understood that Barca had made an inquiry also but that may not be correct.
I think if Barca get Dembele then they could afford to wait until next summer for Coutinho. 
HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Right lads, let's nail our individual colors to the mast here. An oul list is whats needed. Who thinks 
b) Goes in Jan
c) Goes next Summer

a)
MC Hammered

c) 
Borussia

b) Goes in Jan. 
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:54pm
No chance. There are no big transfers that happen in January between clubs who are both in the champions league
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:14pm
suarez was a far better player than coutinho at the time of leaving Liverpool, or at least the season before he left for barca. that's the reason why barca were happy to wait another year. if Liverpool keep to their stance on coutinho, then barca will definitely move elsewhere.
of who's being mentioned in the press as barca targets, I think Liverpool are the most vulnerable to accepting a deal. FSG boys won't turn their nose up at another offer
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by HelloBarry HelloBarry wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

b) Goes in Jan
c) Goes next Summer

a)
MC Hammered

c) 
Borussia

b) Goes in Jan. 

a) Gonski 

The only thing is if Barca get Dembele that might satisfy them enough to hold out and sign a first dibs next Summer, but I'd give that a 20% 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 4:08pm

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/07/liverpool-and-fenway-sports-group-how-john-henry-and-co-have-learned-lessons-from-the-boston-red-sox/

You are unlikely going to see these sub-standard replacements at Liverpool again....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 4:25pm
I think we agree to let him go next year. Hard on the player because he might not get that chance again but he has a contract and has to understand the reality is we would not be able to replace him this sunmer
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think we agree to let him go next year. Hard on the player because he might not get that chance again but he has a contract and has to understand the reality is we would not be able to replace him this sunmer

Wishful thinking. Coutinho has a trump card. He can just stop playing. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10241025102610271028 1452>
  Share Topic