Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14221423142414251426 1452>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:34am
Liverpool close to completing €100m deal for Nunez, wasn’t there someone on here who said Liverpool can’t compete with the rich clubs when it comes to transfers?
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:42am
Still spending the Coutinho money 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 7:35pm
So Mane leaving. Amazing signing and sad to see him leave.

That said, he is obviously looking for a fresh challenge. I had noticed that he hadn't been playing with as much of a smile on his face, I think the professional rivalry with Salah and maybe Salah always getting the. accolades might have something to do with his will to leave. Just a hunch.

30 years of age and in last year of contract, not too bad of a return financially
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 11:20am
Very surprised Mane wanted to leave.  Why?  He's playing for one of the top teams in the world playing great exciting football and in contention to win trophies every year.

Bizarre.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Very surprised Mane wanted to leave.  Why?  He's playing for one of the top teams in the world playing great exciting football and in contention to win trophies every year.

Bizarre.

Wanted a new challenge. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Bizarre.

Wanted a new challenge. 

Is that a euphemism for ''he wanted more $$$$''?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 11:30am
I honestly don’t think so TJ. The famous ‘cracked iPhone’ story and his own activities during his time at Liverpool would suggest a humility that doesn’t come with many footballers. Mane is one of the few players that I feel sees this as a new opportunity, with another major club.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 11:51am

Bizarre.

Wanted a new challenge. 

No, was offered a good deal from Liverpool but turned it down. Probably on less at Bayern.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 12:01pm
Bayern now have Mane and Sane, two names that have been mixed up a lot

They have had some collection of wide forwards in last few years, always well stocked in them

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 23 Jun 2022 at 12:02pm
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 12:04pm
Mane may simply have wanted to live somewhere else for a few years either. Not married and no kids so way more flexibility than most players at his age who would have to factor those in to decisions. Speaks fluent German already, Munich is a great city, etc etc.  Could be loads of personal reasons for a player to want to move between similar level clubs in different countries that go beyond football reasons or money.  
Team Emmet
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

Mane may simply have wanted to live somewhere else for a few years either. Not married and no kids so way more flexibility than most players at his age who would have to factor those in to decisions. Speaks fluent German already, Munich is a great city, etc etc.  Could be loads of personal reasons for a player to want to move between similar level clubs in different countries that go beyond football reasons or money.  

Stuff like that is barely a factor to the vast majority of footballers who reach their twenties able to speak four or five different languages and often move to countries where a different language is spoken in their early-to-mid teens.
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

Stuff like that is barely a factor to the vast majority of footballers who reach their twenties able to speak four or five different languages and often move to countries where a different language is spoken in their early-to-mid teens.

Either you highlighted the wrong text or you’re not married if you don’t think being single gives someone more flexibility in making major life decisions!! 

I love the certainty that you know exactly what factors the vast majority of players weigh up in making major life decisions!  My point is every person has a whole bunch of unknown reasons for the decisions they make on where to live or where to work.  
Team Emmet
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 1:40pm

Bizarre.

Wanted a new challenge. 

He use to wipe his hole with his bare hand before he turned pro.

Give a lot of his money back to his native country to build schools and hospitals etc..

He never came across as a money grabber, I'd also say he got sick of Salah's ego too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Bizarre.

Wanted a new challenge. 

He use to wipe his hole with his bare hand before he turned pro.

Give a lot of his money back to his native country to build schools and hospitals etc..

He never came across as a money grabber, I'd also say he got sick of Salah's ego too.

FFSLOLLOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 1:57pm
People wipe their ass with their bare hands in some places but I'm not sure it's always because of poverty.

I was mates with a moonie whose wife was from the Philippines. He says that they use their hands to wipe. It's just a cultural thing.

There's liberal use of water involved in the process but I was still shocked!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:07pm
Moves from one big club to another! There’s more to football than the English Premier League. 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 4:44pm
Won everything in England and Europe also the world club cup. Salary was a factor, Liverpool were not going to pay him what he wanted as seen with Salah too.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:51am
Saw a lot of Liverpool online defending Nunez and saying he shouldnt have been sent off.
Dont think he gave the ref any option
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14221423142414251426 1452>
  Share Topic