Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13171318131913201321 1452>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 6:08pm
They should exceed the 100m and could also go unbeaten too albeit unlikely.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 6:24pm
Unbeaten is always a big ask. Especially if they are chasing other trophies. They will go close no doubt though.

Liverpool were about 10/1 to win the league by 10 points or more a month or so ago. I'm sick I didn't have an almighty cut on it. There is serious money to be made on this Liverpool side. For some reason, even with everything in the past 18 months, from CL winners and 1 defeat in 54 PL matches, they are still being underestimated by the bookies!
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 7:33pm
I'd say paddy Power aren't far off paying out on bets for Liverpool to win it.

Some publicity for them if nothing else.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:47pm
Like most I'm confident Liverpool will win the league but I'm wondering will they also retain the CL for a 7th time. They'll be hard bet. 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 10:11am
Sami hyypia was in the pub last night,sound chap,said Aldo is here for the game too,doing tv work.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Like most I'm confident Liverpool will win the league but I'm wondering will they also retain the CL for a 7th time. They'll be hard bet. 
This might sound mad but I'm not overly bothered how the CL goes this year. I'd sacrifice it to win the league. Expect them to go through v Salsburg but wouldn't be devastated if they didn't. They're very hard beat over 2 legs though so if they do get through they could be there until the end

Have a savage amount of games up to the FA Cup game in the new year so injuries will play a big part. Getting to rest players the last couple of games and probably the same v Watford this weekend so that's good. Leicester have City soon & then us on the 26th so be interesting to see how things are at that stage
Some people just deserve a slap
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

This might sound mad but I'm not overly bothered how the CL goes this year. I'd sacrifice it to win the league. Expect them to go through v Salsburg but wouldn't be devastated if they didn't. They're very hard beat over 2 legs though so if they do get through they could be there until the end

Have a savage amount of games up to the FA Cup game in the new year so injuries will play a big part. Getting to rest players the last couple of games and probably the same v Watford this weekend so that's good. Leicester have City soon & then us on the 26th so be interesting to see how things are at that stage

The league is over. If Liverpool want to win it by 15-20 points they will. All depends on if they go deep in the CL and then rest players in lots of PL matches later in the season. 

Man City are not catching Liverpool in any circumstances now. If Leicester manage to win their next few matches including those against City and Liverpool, the gap won't look huge but it really is. A 5 point lead (will possibly be 2 with a game in hand for Liverpool) for a team who have barely lost a league game in 50 matches or so is huge. Leicester would need to something way beyond their last PL title win to pull this off. It just won't happen, and I think Leicester are a really good side.

To write off the CL, any Liverpool fan doing that is mad! Liverpool have the chance in the next year or 2 to go down as one of the all time great club sides. The CL should be the goal every year. This side are the best side in Europe.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 09 Dec 2019 at 11:44pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:01am
Reporters at the Daily Express are robbing a living

Liverpool are looking to sign PSG duo Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:34am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Why not? Best team in europe should be be trying to sign the best players Tongue
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 1:48pm
Wouldnt touch Neymar, poison.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Why not? Best team in europe should be be trying to sign the best players Tongue

Can't disagree with that, but Neymar with Klopps style of play?
Think Mbappe has his heart set on Madrid, but would Liverpool pay the 200 odd million for him?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 2:27pm
Nah I'm joking. Klopp wants a dressing room that is in perfect harmony. I dont see him going out splashing loads of money on any player who would bring some baggage, regardless of talent. 

Same goes even for Sancho. Cant see Klopp spending 100m or more that it would take to get him in
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 3:10pm

<span style="color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Liverpool are looking to sign PSG duo Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.</span>

Think Mbappe has his heart set on Madrid, but would Liverpool pay the 200 odd million for him?

Neymer is not Klopp's type of player.

Can't see either of them signing - don't need them either.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:56am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

<span style="color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Liverpool are looking to sign PSG duo Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.</span>

Would agree about Neymar, not Mbappe though
He'd be the first name on most if not all teams he signed for.
Firmino is a good player but no contest vs Mbappe
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 10:36am
Minamino for £7 mill - Bargain. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:22am
Would be surprised if it was that low but a very good player
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 12:03pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Would agree about Neymar, not Mbappe though
He'd be the first name on most if not all teams he signed for.
Firmino is a good player but no contest vs Mbappe

I'm open to correction but I thought Mbappe plays more on the wing? rather that a number 9.

So I don't think Klopp is going to pay 100m+ to pay for a player that I think we are strong in.

A versatile left back would be a priority.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 12:11pm

Would be surprised if it was that low but a very good player

That's his buy-out clause
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13171318131913201321 1452>
  Share Topic