Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13101311131213131314 1453>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:30am
Was just going to say are any fans of Liverpool or Chelsea taking that European charity shield serious, that game did not show either of the teams in a true light, an inconvenience of a game for teams just starting their season and both managers will not have been happy with the format either, fckin extra time in a friendly pure stupidity
Sponsored Links

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:45am
Klopp's celebration at the end was pathetic, as said previously it's a glorified friendly ffs
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:47am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Klopp's celebration at the end was pathetic, as said previously it's a glorified friendly ffs

Probably the hardest friendly in the world to get into. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:48am

Klopp will be the next Maureen in terms of his antics Another fckin clown who loves to be seen and heard, bit like our own multi personality on here the “holy trinity”. #sirmolexorial

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 15 Aug 2019 at 11:56am
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Klopp will be the next Maureen in terms of his antics Another fckin clown who loves to be seen and heard

Image result for cartman salty tears gif

Edited by Hans Moleman - 15 Aug 2019 at 11:54am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Liverpool just need to make it through the first few weeks of the season without losing too much ground in the PL
Main thing is not to let a gap open up in the first couple of months.
Unless something happens at City, a two point gap from eg an unlucky Liverpool draw with Soton could end up being a gap which they never close.

At the very least, the two PL games between them could be the difference, as it turned out last season.

Disclaimer: The fact this writer has City in his season Acca has no bearing on the opinion being expressed. Well not completely, at any rate.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 3:48pm
Southampton v Liverpool my 3pm of choice today, and Liverpool are only terrible. Adrian been lucky a few times, while Saints have had two decent chances, and then out of nowhere Mane steps up and unleashes a cracker to undeservedly put Liverpool wan up at HT
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 4:41pm
Bring back allison!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 4:58pm
If that Adrian lad retains his place over a long period pool will not be challenging anybody this season
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 12:57am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

If that Adrian lad retains his place over a long period pool will not be challenging anybody this season
Yeah, but he wont.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:11am
Klopp hinting at retiring in 2022
Don't see it happening but would be a massive kick to Liverpools ambitions to getting back to the team they once were
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 2:19am

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Hans, do you still believe Matip is one of the best defenders in the league?
I do still think he's a very good player. I will hold my hands up and say he's had a rough 12 months. I think himself and VVD will form a really good partnership if given time though.

Your thoughts on Matip these days Brendan?

Great goal at the weekend, and it's funny how moments like that get people to sit up and take notice of a players overall performances then. Fans and media coming to the conclusion that Matip has been as good if not even better than VVD in the past 12 months. Ever since Gomez injury last season and the Napoli group game at Anfield which Liverpool won 1-0 where Matip was outstanding, he hasn't taken a foot backwards.

The massive thing for Liverpool is they have Gomez waiting in the wings and afaik Matips contract may be up next summer? So Klopp could well starting taking a longer term view and swapping them in and out 50/50 to partner VVD. I think it would be a big mistake to break up a superb CB pairing, one of the best I've seen in awhile.

There's a huge opportunity for Klopp to put Liverpool firmly at the top of the European football tree by the end of this season. Keeping Matip and VVD together is a must in such a situation imo (as good as Gomez is), so they need to get Matips contract sorted asap.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 7:36am

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Hans, do you still believe Matip is one of the best defenders in the league?
I do still think he's a very good player. I will hold my hands up and say he's had a rough 12 months. I think himself and VVD will form a really good partnership if given time though.

Your thoughts on Matip these days Brendan?

Great goal at the weekend, and it's funny how moments like that get people to sit up and take notice of a players overall performances then. Fans and media coming to the conclusion that Matip has been as good if not even better than VVD in the past 12 months. Ever since Gomez injury last season and the Napoli group game at Anfield which Liverpool won 1-0 where Matip was outstanding, he hasn't taken a foot backwards.

The massive thing for Liverpool is they have Gomez waiting in the wings and afaik Matips contract may be up next summer? So Klopp could well starting taking a longer term view and swapping them in and out 50/50 to partner VVD. I think it would be a big mistake to break up a superb CB pairing, one of the best I've seen in awhile.

There's a huge opportunity for Klopp to put Liverpool firmly at the top of the European football tree by the end of this season. Keeping Matip and VVD together is a must in such a situation imo (as good as Gomez is), so they need to get Matips contract sorted asap.

As far as I got LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:53am
Ah here Hans would you stop. No one, media or fan, has ever come to that conclusion LOL

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 12:00pm
Van Dijk is the favourite to win the Ballon d'Or, making him the first defender to do so in fifteen odd years if he does, yet Matip has actually secretly been better than him? Not your finest work there Hans. LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Van Dijk is the favourite to win the Ballon d'Or, making him the first defender to do so in fifteen odd years if he does, yet Matip has actually secretly been better than him? Not your finest work there Hans. LOL

Oh it's no secret. Anyone watching Liverpool regularly will know this. They see that they have the best CB pairing in football in VVD and Matip. VVD is an incredible player, absolutely no doubting that. I'll say it again, in the past 12 months Matip has been as good as if not even better than him.

Even if you'd not watched a single PL game last season, but you'd seen Liverpool in most of their CL knockout games last season on their way to winning it, a lot would put Matip in the CL team of the season - I most certainly would.

It will be interesting to see what more regular Liverpool watchers think. It wasn't that long ago on here that certain folk thought the likes of Bailly and Lindelof were miles ahead of Matip LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 1:05pm

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Oh it's no secret. Anyone watching Liverpool regularly will know this. They see that they have the best CB pairing in football in VVD and Matip. VVD is an incredible player, absolutely no doubting that. I'll say it again, in the past 12 months Matip has been as good as if not even better than him.

Even if you'd not watched a single PL game last season, but you'd seen Liverpool in most of their CL knockout games last season on their way to winning it, a lot would put Matip in the CL team of the season - I most certainly would.

It will be interesting to see what more regular Liverpool watchers think. It wasn't that long ago on here that certain folk thought the likes of Bailly and Lindelof were miles ahead of Matip LOL

Hans is fishing again!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 1:09pm
Not fishing at all Borussia LOL

Matip has been outstanding for Liverpool since coming for Gomez last November was it? Do you not think so?

Also if Matip moves on as his contract is up at the end of this season, every  big club around Europe will be after him. No doubt about it. I would think Liverpool will offer him a huge deal to stay, but you never know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13101311131213131314 1453>
  Share Topic