You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13091310131113121313 1452>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Alisson could be out for six weeks!Ouch the league could be over by then, thats all we need, now having to sign some veteran called Andy Lonergan on a short term deal as cover.

2 weeks of which will be the international break. No reason to panic.

Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:04pm
Adrian is good enough to provide cover for those weeks.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:07pm
Its not too cool according to Colgate Kiopp!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Alisson could be out for six weeks!Ouch the league could be over by then, thats all we need, now having to sign some veteran called Andy Lonergan on a short term deal as cover.

And the run of epl fixtures are kind.

This won’t mess up Liverpool’s season.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 13 Aug 2019 at 3:20pm

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:49pm
Poor Mignolet been bench warming for years, he leaves then the backup keeper is needed LOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

And the run of epl fixtures are kind.

This won’t mess up Liverpool’s season.
The fact that they've shipped out messrs Karius & Mignolet will be the biggest help of all though! LOL

Come to think of it, a scarecrow between the sticks would be an upgrade on those 2 clowns! LOL

It can't be just a co-incidence that the season in which Liverpool really challenged for the league (instead of just scraping a European spot) was the one in which the 2 aforementioned keepers along with Alberto Moreno & Dejan Lovren were either at another club or spent the season warming the bench.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 9:46pm
Does this go straight to penalties or is there extra time?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 9:51pm
Penalties afaik
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:16am
Only saw the highlights. While he hasn't got the results in his first two games, Fat Frank can't be too disappointed with the performances.

There was hardly the need for 30 minutes of extra time in what is seen by many as more or less a friendly. Should have been straight to penalties.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Only saw the highlights. While he hasn't got the results in his first two games, Fat Frank can't be too disappointed with the performances.

He has had very little luck (bar the extra time peno last night) in his first few matches, although he has them playing some nice football already to be fair.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:54am
They were the better team last night & played some good football. Mason looked decent when he came on.

We looked poor and very tired which is strange at this stage of the season. Defensively we were as bad as against Norwich & should've been punished a few times. Still, kept in it and good to get another trophy under the belt be it a glorified friendly one. 

Having extra time was a joke as was the penalty but the keeper did give them a decision to make by flying out and not getting the ball. Karma to a degree I suppose with Abraham missing his later on. 
Some people just deserve a slap
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:56am
Adrian, beloved by all.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:07am
Liverpool were very poor in first half. Very loose in possession. 
Chelsea played well in parts. Havnt has much luck in their first 2 games
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:10am
Liverpool were poor against Norwich too - defensively poor anyway.

Another team would have punished them.

Liverpool's front 3 played a lot of football last year with little or no break too.

I can see Origi playing a lot more this season too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:24am
Liverpool just need to make it through the first few weeks of the season without losing too much ground in the PL and there will be no fear of them. The Allison injury obviously doesn't help and it looks to me like they are still in pre season mode, working out exactly how they are going to play. Push up high, press high, everything they are at at the moment seems disjointed. That will all come but it could take a few weeks to hit proper form.

The Norwich game was a godsend to start with. They were always going to win that. Southampton away is a small worry, they are a dangerous side at times, defensively though Southampton aren't much use. Liverpool should have enough in the tank to hurt them.

Get to the international break with between 9-12 points in the bag and Liverpool will kick on the longer the season goes on, no doubt about it. Main thing is not to let a gap open up in the first couple of months.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Liverpool's front 3 played a lot of football last year with little or no break too.

Thank god we didnt lose two penalty shoot outs in a row and nice to get one over them chelski ***ts, the performance was poor, from the CL final (1st June) to the start of the PL a lot of our main players have not got much rest its a concern I'd be worried, away to the Saints this Saturday more travel.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:05am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

It doesn't even seem to be a problem with the back line, even though Chelsea got in behind them more often than you'd normally see (even the speed merchant Giroud). They don't seem to have the same cover from the midfield at the moment either. 

In fairness though, it's one game in to the league season and last night was a glorified friendly.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:29am
Midfield is pressing way too high a times and not getting there. It's a simple pass then in behind the entire midfield and 1/2 attackers are running at the defences with huge spaces everywhere. Also, way too many players are leaving simple runners go, not tracking and not passing them on, looks like a poor amateur team when that happens. The midfield shape is definitely a bigger issue than the defence at the moment imo. No doubt it will get far better the more games they play.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 15 Aug 2019 at 11:31am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13091310131113121313 1452>
  Share Topic