Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12611262126312641265 1453>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 6:44am
Liverpool seem to have lost all their momentum in 2019.

They would have won that match earlier in the season when they were taking their chances.
3 wins out of 8 so far in 2019 and I can’t see them winning on Sunday.

City have 11 wins out of 12 in 2019 and have battered some teams - they have scored something like 45 goals in 2019.

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

That was a very nervy game from Liverpool. 
13 games to go now seems like a lot of games and only a 3 pt gap.

Top 3 teams have all win 19 games. 

Is VVD suspended v Bayern? If so Liverpool are f****ed.

Rice looked good, very good.

Against Bayern? That Bayern team?

How do you see the second leg going Hans?
A 4-0 cruise for Liverpool?
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:40am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

More of the same from Liverpool. Just very average all round. Again firmino and salah look like half the players they were this time last year. 
There is no chance we are winning anything this season. Can't see how we can avoid defeat in the utd game with them flying and us looking like we can't get out of third gear

Pretty standard Liverpool fan reaction online after games;

Liverpool win a game: "The sky's the limit".
Liverpool don't win a game: "The sky is falling in".

Bayern Munich are serious contenders to win the European Cup every year.  But if you saw the general reaction about the club since the draw was made, you would think Bayern were a pub side. So a few people obviously got a shock on the night. 

This tie could still go either way. Other "flying" sides have already lost their home leg and have only pride to play for.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:43am
Kimmich will be a massive miss for the return leg.

Would say Bayern are slight favourites to progress.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Shoite enough game, still think Liverpool will stick it to Utd this weekend

Genuine question and wumming aside, I always figured you to be a United fan albeit a closet one mind. Any EPL team in particular you follow doc? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Another below par performance from Liverpool 

Didn't deserve anything from the game. Nobody played well.

That's ridiculous in fairness Gav. Liverpool probably deserved to edge it 1-0 without being at their best. 

Don't think it was that bad of a result with no away goal conceded and the tie is still very much 50-50 imo.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What are you asking Hans for, sure he's clearly not a Liverpool fan. LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Shoite enough game, still think Liverpool will stick it to Utd this weekend

Genuine question and wumming aside, I always figured you to be a United fan albeit a closet one mind. Any EPL team in particular you follow doc? 

Correct.
A lot of closets about. Bizarre.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:15am

What are you asking Hans for, sure he's clearly not a Liverpool fan. LOL

Another closet.

I bumped that up due to Hans' total dismissing of Bayern in reply to you saying you fancied them due to VVD being out.
Wanted to gauge his views on the game last night and how he sees the second leg going.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:17am

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Another below par performance from Liverpool 

Didn't deserve anything from the game. Nobody played well.

That's ridiculous in fairness Gav. Liverpool probably deserved to edge it 1-0 without being at their best. 

Don't think it was that bad of a result with no away goal conceded and the tie is still very much 50-50 imo.

Giving Paul Merson a run for his money there Muff
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:32am

Indeed it wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool did cruise through the second leg. If Liverpool got the goal before ht, chances are the tie would be over.

Liverpool weren't great by any means, but they won't have to be to get past this Bayern side. Btw was Lewandowski playing last night?

As for United steamrolling Liverpool Sunday LOL Liverpool are now an  unbelievably efficient and boring team. They lose hardly any games of football. There are times when they bore the f*ck out of me now, but they'll win trophies. The PL will be won. They should go through comfortably against Bayern yet, and then the real fun and games in the CL will begin.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 20 Feb 2019 at 9:33am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:43am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

More of the same from Liverpool. Just very average all round. Again firmino and salah look like half the players they were this time last year. 
There is no chance we are winning anything this season. Can't see how we can avoid defeat in the utd game with them flying and us looking like we can't get out of third gear

Pretty standard Liverpool fan reaction online after games;

Liverpool win a game: "The sky's the limit".
Liverpool don't win a game: "The sky is falling in".

Bayern Munich are serious contenders to win the European Cup every year.  But if you saw the general reaction about the club since the draw was made, you would think Bayern were a pub side. So a few people obviously got a shock on the night. 

This tie could still go either way. Other "flying" sides have already lost their home leg and have only pride to play for.

I've been whining about the performances for months now . I didn't give out about the result rather the performance and how there is no way we are winning any competition inn our current form as we are playing average and I would heavily fear a beating this Sunday based on the current level of the two sides.

I really can't explain why Salah and Firmino are so off. Are they burnt out? Low on confidence? Just weird how far behind they are from the levels they played at last year when the speed, skill and execution was a joy to watch
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:53am
Liverpool won't be winning anything this season. Their form is like an empty tin of pear halves.

Image result for lustre pear halves
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:50am
I was wondering whats was wrong with him now? Klopps a Header!LOL

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11945/11642495/jurgen-klopp-and-niko-kovac-explain-final-whistle-clash-after-liverpool-draw-with-bayern-munich

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:19am

I actually thought Firmino was Liverpool's best player in the first half - created two good chances and nearly scored himself. He flagged pretty badly in the second half alright but so did everyone else in red. Salah, on the other hand, was almost non-existent throughout. Definitely one of his poorer displays for the club.

I think overall it's a decent result for Liverpool though. An early goal for them in Munich and Bayern are in serious trouble - especially with VVD back.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:05pm

Indeed it wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool did cruise through the second leg. If Liverpool got the goal before ht, chances are the tie would be over.

Liverpool weren't great by any means, but they won't have to be to get past this Bayern side. Btw was Lewandowski playing last night?

As for United steamrolling Liverpool Sunday LOL Liverpool are now an  unbelievably efficient and boring team. They lose hardly any games of football. There are times when they bore the f*ck out of me now, but they'll win trophies. The PL will be won. They should go through comfortably against Bayern yet, and then the real fun and games in the CL will begin.

Who said United would steamroll Liverpool on Sunday? 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:05pm
Not a great game, should've been ahead before the break but poor in the second half. Thought the full backs & Wijnaldum were well below par, Salah not much ahead. Passing was very sloppy in the second half. Still, 0-0 isn't a bad result. No away goal conceded, all tho play for in the second leg

Need to up the performance for Sunday. Haven't played well in 3 of the last 4 games but haven't lost any but probably won't get away with that v Utd
Some people just deserve a slap
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:05pm

Clown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12611262126312641265 1453>
  Share Topic