You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12591260126112621263 1452>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The way both City and Liverpool have been dropping points over the past few weeks it promises to be a really exciting end to the season, with the other competitions to play for as well.
I've not really been following either team's games that closely recently (just radio, highlights, papers etc).

What is closely following them then, refereeing them? Playing centre-half?
Er, watching the full 90 minutes, whether in person or on TV, rather than a few minutes highlights on MOTD?

Or studying individual match reports, as opposed to giving the back pages a brief scan?

Or maybe watching the managers' post-match press conferences and interviews, rather than not bothering?

Perhaps logging onto the clubs' websites, or fans forums, to see what those closer to the teams than me might be saying?

You know, the sort of thing I do for my own team when following them closely.

HTH. Thumbs Up
And people say I need to get out more...
You certainly need to stop trying to pick people up over nothing with your smart-aleck comments, that's for sure. LOL

[And to avoid any doubt, the point I was making was that I don't do those things I listed for Liverpool and City, hence my original question asking other fans what they thought.]

Edited by Territorial - 06 Feb 2019 at 4:55pm
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:16pm

The way both City and Liverpool have been dropping points over the past few weeks it promises to be a really exciting end to the season, with the other competitions to play for as well.
I've not really been following either team's games that closely recently (just radio, highlights, papers etc).

What is closely following them then, refereeing them? Playing centre-half?
Er, watching the full 90 minutes, whether in person or on TV, rather than a few minutes highlights on MOTD?

Or studying individual match reports, as opposed to giving the back pages a brief scan?

Or maybe watching the managers' post-match press conferences and interviews, rather than not bothering?

Perhaps logging onto the clubs' websites, or fans forums, to see what those closer to the teams than me might be saying?

You know, the sort of thing I do for my own team when following them closely.

HTH. Thumbs Up
And people say I need to get out more...
You certainly need to stop trying to pick people up over nothing with your smart-aleck comments, that's for sure. LOL

[And to avoid any doubt, the point I was making was that I don't do those things I listed for Liverpool and City, hence my original question asking other fans what they thought.]

LOL
Irony and nordies just do not go!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:47pm
Pressure is back on Liverpool now.
Last week they had a chance to go 7 points ahead.
Now in 2nd.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:34am
Saw this on Twitter last night (before City's game)

"Perception is a funny thing in football isn't it. In the last 10 games City have dropped 12 points, we've dropped 7. 
City have lost to 3 teams outside the Top 6, we've drawn against 2 of them.
Yet Liverpool are perceived as the ones bottling it and blowing it"

No one has bottled anything yet. Liverpool have had 2 draws be it against teams they should be beating but then you wouldn't have expected City to lose against Newcastle, Palace or Leicester in recent weeks. A lot of football still to be played and both will drop more points come May. Massive game v Bournemouth now on Saturday to try get back on track

Some people just deserve a slap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:39am
Depends which way you look at it. Going back the last 10 games shows that City have dropped more points as you say, but from the turn of the year Liverpool have dropped 7 points and City 3.

Still plenty of twists and turns to go in this one yet. Both teams will continue to drop points. No team is going to go on a 7 or 8 match winning run at this stage of the season IMO.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:44am
Would it be fair to say that the other teams are enjoying the two-horse race for a change and they are all 'upping the game' to try and beat both teams to keep it interesting ?
PS - and no Ive not forgotten Spurs.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Would it be fair to say that the other teams are enjoying the two-horse race for a change and they are all 'upping the game' to try and beat both teams to keep it interesting ?
PS - and no Ive not forgotten Spurs.

Well, according to yerman that said Liverpool had basically won the title already, every team outside the top 6 is 'truly abysmal', and there is absolutely no chance that they can do anything of note.

So I'd say you have a point, yeah
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Saw this on Twitter last night (before City's game)

"Perception is a funny thing in football isn't it. In the last 10 games City have dropped 12 points, we've dropped 7. 
City have lost to 3 teams outside the Top 6, we've drawn against 2 of them.
Yet Liverpool are perceived as the ones bottling it and blowing it"

No one has bottled anything yet. Liverpool have had 2 draws be it against teams they should be beating but then you wouldn't have expected City to lose against Newcastle, Palace or Leicester in recent weeks. A lot of football still to be played and both will drop more points come May. Massive game v Bournemouth now on Saturday to try get back on track

Must have been up his holemans twin on twit
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Would it be fair to say that the other teams are enjoying the two-horse race for a change and they are all 'upping the game' to try and beat both teams to keep it interesting?
Actually if anything, I'd say the other teams - or the relegation-threatened ones at any rate - tend to write off their games against City and L'pool and concentrate on the more winnable games against the teams round them.

Sure, Everton showed an improvement last night against City for example, but I think that may just have been a reaction to criticism and booing from the fans recently i.e. it could have occurred against any opponent. (Ditto WHU's draw against L'pool, where they simply HAD to put up a show at home after the debacle at Wolves and Cup defeat by Wimbledon) 

Anyhow, more pertinent, I think, was that Silva made five changes to the team against City - keeping his powder dry for Saturday's away game at Watford?

Edited by Territorial - 07 Feb 2019 at 5:19pm
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 5:48pm
Great response from Liverpool today. The looked really up for it. Only criticism is that they didn't get more. 

United away next. A couple of 2eeks ago this would have been an easy fixture but credit to ole, he has then playing some really good stuff and will have to be at our best to take the points 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:30pm
Liverpool's next league game is the biggest of their season. If they win at Old Trafford they'll be big favourites for the league again
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:32pm
Huge game , will be a cracker 

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:19pm

Liverpool's next league game is the biggest of their season. If they win at Old Trafford they'll be big favourites for the league again

IMO the away game at City was bigger as that was the chance to go 10 pts clear.
If they beat Man U they go 3 pts ahead but still 11 games to go.

They still have Spurs and Chelsea at home.
Newcastle, Saints and Cardiff away who will be fighting for their lives. They will drop points in those games.

I’m sure City are facing something similar and will also drop points.

It will prob go down to the last 2/3 games.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:53pm
I think we blew it at City. It would have been a long way back for city had we got a draw.

Now city are clear favourites. I can't see Liverpool getting 3 points off this new improved utd side, actually I'd expect a beaten based on current form. That's the points total wiped out. Spurs too are playing better than us and I would fancy them even at anfield. 

City might drop 3 more points max but see Liverpool dropping at least 6

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Feb 2019 at 5:54pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:04pm
8/11 city 6/5 Pool
Hardly clear favourites 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:55pm
If Liverpool lose to utd and spurs win the same weekend they will be back in the race.  Will have to beat Liverpool also.  A 3 horse race with 10 games to go would be great.
AKA pedantic kunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:45pm

8/11 city 6/5 Pool
Hardly clear favourites 

Sure some lad above said if Liverpool beat Man U they would be BIG favourites.

The bookies would prob still have Man City ahead if they won.

Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

8/11 city 6/5 Pool
Hardly clear favourites 

Sure some lad above said if Liverpool beat Man U they would be BIG favourites.

The bookies would prob still have Man City ahead if they won.

wrong

Liverpool are 6/4 to win in Old Trafford

current outright prices for the title have it built in that ~60% of the time Liverpool will drop points, the top 2 are operating on such tight margins and swings now that if Liverpool won it would be a massive swing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12591260126112621263 1452>
  Share Topic