Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12581259126012611262 1453>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:39am
City are going to drop at least 2 points these next two games whether it's tonight or at home to Chelsea on Sunday. 

Liverpool will be 5 points clear on Sunday evening imo. 

I think Everton will get a draw tonight. Will throw a few quid on them.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:45am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

They scored again after Palace scored. And almost scored again deep into injury time. If there was another 5 minutes I’d bet on them scoring. That’s the only game I watched in the above ones you listed👍
Against Crystal Palace, Manchester City scored from a fluke from an attempt at a cross, not from a genuine chance created. 

"If there was another 5 minutes I'd bet on them scoring". LOL

Yeah, well if there had been another five minutes on Monday night Liverpool might well have scored.

There wasn't another five minutes.

Howard Wilkinson once said "we've lost 1-0, but you have to remember, if they hadn't scored, we would have got a better result".*

*May be an urban myth.

Edited by sid waddell - 06 Feb 2019 at 9:45am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

They scored again after Palace scored. And almost scored again deep into injury time. If there was another 5 minutes I’d bet on them scoring. That’s the only game I watched in the above ones you listed👍
Against Crystal Palace, Manchester City scored from a fluke from an attempt at a cross, not from a genuine chance created. 

Yeah, well if there had been another five minutes on Monday night Liverpool might well have scored.

Howard Wilkinson once said "we've lost 1-0, but you have to remember, if they hadn't scored, we would have got a better result".*

*May be an urban myth.

Bit like saying only Aguero is keeping City in the title race. Yeah, imagine their sole striker scoring goals. And guess what, when he hasn't played recently Jesus has also scored lots of goals.

Hypothetical nonsense.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 06 Feb 2019 at 9:52am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

City are going to drop at least 2 points these next two games whether it's tonight or at home to Chelsea on Sunday. 

Everton have been brutal lately and there's a huge psychological incentive for City to win tonight. A little while ago Liverpool were looking good to move 10 points clear at the top - 11 millimetres and just over a month later and City could be now going top. Hard to see anything other than a win for them.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:04am
you mentioned nothing about flutes. You are talking sh*te my dear friend👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:05am

I agree Muff. Can't see City winning both games this week
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:35am

Not s hope Everton will get a result tonight. Not for the fact that their own supporters want them to lose but the fact that they are pure garbage.
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

*May be an urban myth.

Bit like saying only Aguero is keeping City in the title race. Yeah, imagine their sole striker scoring goals. And guess what, when he hasn't played recently Jesus has also scored lots of goals.

Hypothetical nonsense.

Look up the meaning of the word hypothetical.

It refers to something which could have but didn't happen. 

The other thing referred to is something which has been happening for the last month, ie. Aguero doing the business for Manchester City when they need him, ie. not hypothetical. Few others are.

I don't rate Gabriel Jesus very highly, by the way. He isn't near the same class as Aguero. He's grand to score you a couple of goals in a 5-0 rout of Burnley or Cardiff, but rarely produces anything in the big games against good opposition. Aguero does.

Edited by sid waddell - 06 Feb 2019 at 11:06am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Not s hope Everton will get a result tonight. Not for the fact that their own supporters want them to lose but the fact that they are pure garbage.

Strange results come from strange places.

Everton could easily get thrashed 5-0 tonight, but I wouldn't write of the possibility that they might pull a big performance out of the bag. 

Form tends to not mean much in the Premier League. Leicester had lost three in a row before they went to Anfield and it was a similar story with West Ham going into Monday night.

Players tend to have professional pride, and if Everton's players have anything about them at all, they'll be desperate to atone for a 3-1 home humiliation on Saturday. 

They have some good players who have the ability to step up, and Manchester City are coming off the back of a reasonably stern test just three days ago. 

I don't buy into this thing about Everton's supporters wanting them to lose either. They've had sod all to shout about this season and if they got a decent result against Manchester City, particularly a win, it would be the high point of the season for them by a mile.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:28am

*May be an urban myth.

Hypothetical nonsense.

Look up the meaning of the word hypothetical.

It refers to something which could have but didn't happen. 

The other thing referred to is something which has been happening for the last month, ie. Aguero doing the business for Manchester City when they need him, ie. not hypothetical. Few others are.

I don't rate Gabriel Jesus very highly, by the way. He isn't near the same class as Aguero. He's grand to score you a couple of goals in a 5-0 rout of Burnley or Cardiff, but rarely produces anything in the big games against good opposition. Aguero does.

Not many are, especially at 21. Hence why Aguero is the no.1 striker at the club and Jesus is primarily used as a backup

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:40am
Jesus has done sod all in his career to suggest he'll ever be near Aguero's class. 

Aguero was a much a better player than Jesus is now, at a much younger age than Jesus is now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:49am

Jesus has done sod all in his career to suggest he'll ever be near Aguero's class. 

Aguero was a much a better player than Jesus is now, at a much younger age than Jesus is now.

You may be right with your prediction, but wouldn't be going OTT using terms such as he's done sod all.
He has 24 caps and 11 goals for Brazil (whom he's also captained), won a Brazilian title and an English Premier League, and scored goals in the knockout stages of the champions league. Not bad for a 21 year old.
He's not a bad backup striker to have to call upon. As you said above, Aguero is never far away from an injury.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 06 Feb 2019 at 11:50am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 12:50pm

It's not it's the last game of the season and Everton winning means Liverpool will win the league. You'd have a point there but there's 13/14 games left. They will want their side to win tonight. 

I think if anything the Everton players will be up for it for pride (in not having to listen to their neighbours accuse them of lying down to City) if not anything else. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 12:53pm

Strange results come from strange places.

Everton could easily get thrashed 5-0 tonight, but I wouldn't write of the possibility that they might pull a big performance out of the bag. 

Form tends to not mean much in the Premier League. Leicester had lost three in a row before they went to Anfield and it was a similar story with West Ham going into Monday night.

Players tend to have professional pride, and if Everton's players have anything about them at all, they'll be desperate to atone for a 3-1 home humiliation on Saturday. 

They have some good players who have the ability to step up, and Manchester City are coming off the back of a reasonably stern test just three days ago. 

I don't buy into this thing about Everton's supporters wanting them to lose either. They've had sod all to shout about this season and if they got a decent result against Manchester City, particularly a win, it would be the high point of the season for them by a mile.

I think the biggest performance of the year goes to you for turning up in this thread every 6 years or so - or whenever Liverpool are in a title race 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:49pm
Everton are sh1te - City will be top tonight.

City v Chelsea will be close and city may drop points but have home advantage.
Man U v Liverpool Looks like a home win on current form.

There will be a few upsets before the end.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 06 Feb 2019 at 2:06pm

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:52pm
Marco Silva! What's he know 'bout Premier League Jeff!?''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

The way both City and Liverpool have been dropping points over the past few weeks it promises to be a really exciting end to the season, with the other competitions to play for as well.
I've not really been following either team's games that closely recently (just radio, highlights, papers etc).

What is closely following them then, refereeing them? Playing centre-half?
Er, watching the full 90 minutes, whether in person or on TV, rather than a few minutes highlights on MOTD?

Or studying individual match reports, as opposed to giving the back pages a brief scan?

Or maybe watching the managers' post-match press conferences and interviews, rather than not bothering?

Perhaps logging onto the clubs' websites, or fans forums, to see what those closer to the teams than me might be saying?

You know, the sort of thing I do for my own team when following them closely.

HTH. Thumbs Up

Edited by Territorial - 06 Feb 2019 at 4:46pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:47pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The way both City and Liverpool have been dropping points over the past few weeks it promises to be a really exciting end to the season, with the other competitions to play for as well.
I've not really been following either team's games that closely recently (just radio, highlights, papers etc).

What is closely following them then, refereeing them? Playing centre-half?
Er, watching the full 90 minutes, whether in person or on TV, rather than a few minutes highlights on MOTD?

Or studying individual match reports, as opposed to giving the back pages a brief scan?

Or maybe watching the managers' post-match press conferences and interviews, rather than not bothering?

Perhaps logging onto the clubs' websites, or fans forums, to see what those closer to the teams than me might be saying?

You know, the sort of thing I do for my own team when following them closely.

HTH. Thumbs Up
And people say I need to get out more...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12581259126012611262 1453>
  Share Topic