Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12281229123012311232 1458>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 11:50pm
Ref was brutal. Wanted to make the game about himself 

Front 3 still look rusty. Finishing and control in final third very poor.

VVD, Allison, Robertson  and gini are excellent tonight 

A lot of tough teams in last 16, we should have enough to beat any if them 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Could have scored 5 or 6.

What a save by Allison at the end.

I’ll no doubt get pelters, but he’d have had to have jumped out of the way of it not to save it. Mind you Ospina did that first half LOL

VVD was immense, has he had a bad game yet for Liverpool?
They’re a brilliant team. Will take some stopping on all fronts 

I thought the same about the save. It's a poor attempt to finish if anything, it's hit straight at him. I'd expect most keepers to save similar efforts.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 9:18am
I agree it was routine enough, for a high level keeper. Obviously the context of the save, more or less the last kick of a ball in basically a home knockout CL tie, was why it's being lauded. A huge moment for Allison, the team and the supporters. Also, what has gone before is important. I think Mignolet or Karius would concede there as they would hesitate for half a second so wouldn't manage to close the shot down as quickly. 

Klopp got his tactics spot on last night. They hounded Napoli all the way through. The Liverpool midfield covered incredible ground and never let Hamsik settle on the ball which was key. VVD was lucky when you see the replays to have gotten away with a yellow card, he was superb all night. Things like that tend to go your way in big home CL games, similar to Verratti seeing yellow instead of red the last day out against Liverpool.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 11:02am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

It was a bit mad though, that a Slovenian ref was in charge of a game with an Italian team in it.

So just as well that it's VAR all the way from now on. 

And what exactly did the ref do wrong on Liverpool last night?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:24pm
Is Nathaniel Clyne still at Liverpool?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Is Nathaniel Clyne still at Liverpool?
Out on loan I think
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:38pm
No, he's still there and injured.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 7:59pm
No one talking about the Napoli fan attacked by the 7 Liverpool fans after the match. f**king stupid carry on especially after the Sean Cox incident earlier on this year.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

No one talking about the Napoli fan attacked by the 7 Liverpool fans after the match. f**king stupid carry on especially after the Sean Cox incident earlier on this year.
Never heard a thing about this so googled it. If true its disgraceful but no mention of it from any reliable source. 90min.com has it (wouldn't believe half the stuff they write) and a few Italian sites but that's it

Saw an add online that the club put out before the game the other night about gambling/betting during the game. They got slaughtered for it and rightly so
Some people just deserve a slap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Never heard a thing about this so googled it. If true its disgraceful but no mention of it from any reliable source. 90min.com has it (wouldn't believe half the stuff they write) and a few Italian sites but that's it

Saw an add online that the club put out before the game the other night about gambling/betting during the game. They got slaughtered for it and rightly so
Really? I had a search and the first link was the BBC! 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Really? I had a search and the first link was the BBC! 
You're right actually, 2nd one down on mine. Gobsh*tes if its true after all thats gone before
Some people just deserve a slap
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:32am

Gobsh*tes if its true after all thats gone before
Why is anyone shocked ?

After overcrowding was one of the causes at Heysel and Hillsborough, ticketless fans were still charging the turnstiles in Athens in 2007.

They're Brits FFS.
Rule Britannia etc.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Why is anyone shocked ?

After overcrowding was one of the causes at Heysel and Hillsborough, ticketless fans were still charging the turnstiles in Athens in 2007.

They're Brits, Paddies and Norwegians FFS.
Rule Britannia etc.

Fixed.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Why is anyone shocked ?

They're Brits FFS.
Rule Britannia etc.

Even if this post was tongue in cheek, it's still pretty crass. 

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 2:01am
Huge set of fixtures again this weekend, with City taking on Everton and Liverpool at home to United. Hard to see past a Liverpool win considering how poor United have been this season, especially defensively. Everton, on their day, are quite capable of giving City a rattle, but you'd still expect City to get the 3 points when playing at home.

The RB position is a massive call now for Klopp. I think he would be insane to start Clyne against United or in the next few fixtures. he has no game time under his belt and Klopp obviously hasn't that much faith in him anymore. It has to be Milner, who will give a really good attacking balance playing there. Clyne offers nothing going forward really.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 4:14am

I saw the Tweet too. It was a disgraceful sell out Tweet. Gambling is a very sensitive issue in society - The government have limited the amount they can put in them machines (don't know name) and only yesterday (Friday) they've agreed no more gambling advertisements at football matches.

I personally got f**king sick of seeing Ray Winston at HT on BT Sport.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 8:20am
Ejarias loan season deal suddenly ended, he returns to Liverpool

Nothing to do with the racist abuse he received online, no siree not at all
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 8:40am
When was he racially abused?

I did read on the Rangers forums that he was under performing.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12281229123012311232 1458>
  Share Topic