You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12181219122012211222 1455>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 1:49pm
Eh, it's not low level stuff. It's definitely a step above betting on Sunderland v Plymouth or a match you don't have a part in.

It's conspiracy to defraud, ffs. It's insider trading. Now, that's assuming he knew they were going to bet on it. If he just happened to mention it and they bet on it, fine. However, if he told them to bet on it, it is much, much worse.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Sturridge charged for breaching betting rules 
Ah sure as you know the rules are there to be breached Wink

As Liverpool know too well, after breaching FFP themselves.

What was their punishment?

Nothing, as they weren't playing in European competition at the time
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:56am

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Sturridge charged for breaching betting rules 
Ah sure as you know the rules are there to be breached Wink

As Liverpool know too well, after breaching FFP themselves.

What was their punishment?

Nothing, as they weren't playing in European competition at the time

What year was this ? They were looked at in 2014 but the outcome was that they hadn't broken the rules. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 7:29am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 7:52am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11437974/Liverpool-expected-to-escape-fine-for-breaching-FFP.html

Fast forward to February 2015 where they were cleared of doing anything wrong. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11437974/Liverpool-expected-to-escape-fine-for-breaching-FFP.html
Fast forward to February 2015 where they were cleared of doing anything wrong. 
Would Sheik Baggio of the Etihad care to comment on this ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:10am
Breached FFP rules it says in the article there. PSG were also later cleared of FFP wrongdoing, but I don't hear anyone defending them.

I think Liverpool should be stripped of all the trophies that they've won in recent years.....oh wait Smile

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Nov 2018 at 10:12am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:15am

Breached FFP rules it says in the article there. PSG were also later cleared of FFP wrongdoing, but I don't hear anyone defending them.

I think Liverpool should be stripped of all the trophies that they've won in recent years.....oh wait Smile

I'm not sure you understand how these things work : They were investigated for possibly breaching rules and then it was found out they hadn't. Difficult to understand, I'll grant you that. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:19am
I don't recall any "financial doping" cries when it was announced that they had breached FFP rules all the same.

Very selective faux outrage possibly.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:22am

This confirms what I've always thought of you, you're 12.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I'm not sure you understand how these things work : They were investigated for possibly breaching rules and then it was found out they hadn't. Difficult to understand, I'll grant you that. 
They made losses due to stadium upgrades and not syphoning player transfers, wages and image rights through off shore accounts etc.

In fairness its difficult for a 12 year old to tell the difference.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:25am
LOL Ah come on, where's your sense of humour gone Sir Gary of Anfield (who sometimes says he isn't a fan of Liverpool)?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:35am

LOL Ah come on, where's your sense of humour gone Sir Gary of Anfield (who sometimes says he isn't a fan of Liverpool) ?
Sorry I'm not allowed to talk to minors on the internet......anymore.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:43am
Did you just discover the word faux recently or something?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:44am

Did you just discover the word faux recently or something?

LOL 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:45am
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Another bang average performance so far. If anything Fulham have had the better chances and should be leading. VAR needs to be brought into the premier league. That goal could have been huge for Fulham. 

Liverpool are playing at a snail's pace. Everything is so predictable. Even when they do create the final ball is the wrong choice or some poor control let's them down. Getting away with again so far today.

You were very quiet about needing VAR when Liverpool were denied a valid goal against Arsenal.

VAR needs to come in, but it has to come in for everyone, not just when a team thinks they scored against Liverpool. There were 5 wrong decisions in the league Iast week that VAR would have corrected, to go with the 7 wrong decisions the previous week. As the stakes rise, the number of  refereeing mistakes increases. With at least 100 million quid on the line at the end of the season, let alone the race to make the top 4 and beat the drop, so the big decisions have to be called correct, as they are in other countries.

As it was, the decision in the Liverpool v Fulham game was correct. And Liverpool won without breaking sweat. With 24 points up for grabs by the end of the year, Liverpool are in a great position to capitalise on any City slip ups, before going there at the end of the festive programme. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 4:34pm
Sensational free kick at Vicarage Road by young Trent Alexander-Arnold. 

This was a really tricky game but we've negotiated it well to be 2-0 up with 13 minutes left.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12181219122012211222 1455>
  Share Topic