Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10901091109210931094 1454>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 2:49pm
Would agree that Mignolet is currently better thsn Karius. Only thing standing to Karius is he's younger, but I really don't see a potentially quality keeper there. Neither good enough. Someone like Butland would be a big upgrade imo and very attainable I would think. Thought Can had officially signed pre contract with Juve? People give out about him a lot, he can be a bit him and miss as a CM, considering his age though I think he's a big loss to Liverpool.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Someone like Butland would be a big upgrade imo and very attainable I would think.

Yup. Can definitely see him moving to Liverpool in the summer. England's two strongest goalkeepers would both be based in Liverpool.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:02pm
I think Butland is over-rated

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He hasn't been that great this season alright. I thought he was brilliant during the 15/16 season. Then he got injured and I'm not sure if he's ever quite got back to that level since. If he does then there's no doubt in my mind he is the strongest goalkeeper England have. On current form it is Pickford though.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:19pm
Butland is a fine keeper in a poor squad.

Much like Pickford last season which is why not many were noticing him at Sunderland. Both are miles above the rest of the English keepers

I always thought Klopp would go for a young German who wants to battle Neuer/Ter Stegen like Leno
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:20pm

Hard to stand out as a keeper when your team is having such a poor season.
Definite improvement on Karius anyway, I actually like Mignolet but he seems to have zero confidence in himself
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Much like Pickford last season which is why not many were noticing him at Sunderland. Both are miles above the rest of the English keepers

I always thought Klopp would go for a young German who wants to battle Neuer/Ter Stegen like Leno

Is that why Everton beat several clubs to his £30m transfer
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:27pm

Agree 2 best English keepers by a distance now. Which will make it all the funnier if they to a WC and somehow Joe Hart is getting games. Liverpool missed the trick with Pickford, be silly at this stage if they don't get Butland soon. He has had a couple of long injury lay offs though. The best time to sign him would be summer after a string of games played. All speculation of course, Klopp could well see Karius as the future.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:27pm

Check back if you want but many on here were saying it was a rip off purely based on what club he came from!
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:30pm

Of the clubs you'd usually say are bigger than Everton in England, Liverpool and City are really the only ones with any interest in the past couple of years to sign a new keeper. Liverpool and Klopp have been too loyal, City had lined up Ederson who has turned out to be outstanding for them. I think Everton did brilliant business getting Pickford and now have a keeper of a really high quality for a long time to come.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:47pm

Always gonna be a bit when you're young and English, he's a good keeper but his distribution is not the best and I'd expect that to be a issue for Klopp.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:32pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:52pm
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:20pm
Butland is average at best. If we bought him we would have the worst keeper of the top 6.
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Butland is average at best. If we bought him we would have the worst keeper of the top 6.

Possibly so, but still a big improvement on having the worst keeper of the top 20.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Possibly so, but still a big improvement on having the worst keeper of the top 20.
At this stage, I'd happily settle for an 'average' keeper and consider it an upgrade when you look at those 2 muppets that are there atm. LOL

Come to think of it, I'd consider one of the clowns at Duffy's Circus as an upgrade on Messrs Mignolet and Karius! LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:24am
I think this is the start of Klopp trying to manage Mignolet out of the club.
Obviously points to him wanting to bring another keeper in. Shame not to see Danny Ward get a shot but not sure when you would do that.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:38am
I am surprised that he hasnt given ward a chance, he must be fuming looking at the two clowns ahead of him

Also Goretzka looks like he has signed for Bayern today
Its very frustrating being a Slob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10901091109210931094 1454>
  Share Topic