You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *********FLAGS FOR SLOVAKIA- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED****
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*********FLAGS FOR SLOVAKIA- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED****

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll_It_There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 8:53am
Hey

I put my name down on this list ages ago, does anyone know what time we've to pick up the flags or where. I'm around all day. Cheers
Sponsored Links

Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 10:42am
Wont be able to wave a flag tomorrow night as my back is goosedThumbs Down
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 11:29am
FAO FLAG WAVERS . . 

AS AIDO ALREADY SAID, THERES NO NEED TO BRING THE FLAGS BACK TO SCRUFFYS JUST HANG BACK AFTER THE GAME SO WE CAN GATHER THEM UP . . ALSO , AS WAS MENTIONED IN OTHER THREADS , WE ARE AIMING TO GET MOST OF THE SINGING SECTION INTO THE GROUND FOR 7 O' CLOCK . WITH THIS IN MIND ITS IMPERATIVE ALL FLAG WAVERS MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE GROUND EARLY SO WE CAN DISTRIBUTE THE FLAGS (MORE THAN LIKELY THE FLAGS WILL BE PLACED BY THE ADVERTISING HOARDINGS AT THE FRONT OF THE SS SO MAKE YOUR WAY THERE TO GET YOUR FLAG)..

ONE LESS PINT LADS THATS ALL THATS ASKED OF YOU. YOU ALL KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THIS GAME IS SO LETS DO OUR BIT.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN Clap
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 4:35am
Lads,if you happen to be there before us, please do not take a flag without informing myself or Barry as we need to know exactly who has them. See you all al later Thumbs Up

GWAN YBIG
GWAN YBIG
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 12:57am
flags looked great last nite lads but maybe in future only give them to lads with more than one brain cell. no problem with the flags being waved when ball is out of play or when ball is being knocked about but one donkey in particular waving it when there is a corner and nobody behind him can see whats happening. i'm there to support our team but to actually see the match as well!!
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 3:46am
Went well yesterday lads well done to everyone who helped out

Hanging the flags went well. only thing I'd say about waving them would be that we should get people on the aisles to wave them in future, stops people giving out about them
GWAN YBIG
Belfast Green View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 4:20am

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 4:32am

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 4:36am

Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 6:17am
The flags really do bring the place to life, well done everyone who got the whole thing organised. Only thing was i had my view blocked far too many times, a few of ye probably heard or seen me giving out once or twice about it. I don't like being a yap about it but even the lads behind me where starting to get pissed off with it aswell. But don't take anything away from how good they look, they just need to be waved at the right times.
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

The flags really do bring the place to life, well done everyone who got the whole thing organised. Only thing was i had my view blocked far too many times, a few of ye probably heard or seen me giving out once or twice about it. I don't like being a yap about it but even the lads behind me where starting to get pissed off with it aswell. But don't take anything away from how good they look, they just need to be waved at the right times.

Really? No didn't hear u give out once
GWAN YBIG
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 6:37am
pics look well!
TangyZizzle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Garak Garak wrote:

Disappointing game, I thought the back four seemed okay, especially Dunne. There was no midfield to speak of unfortunately..

BUT, at least the SS was class, I was in 113, tried to get something going there best I could. My first time going to a game as I usually watch em at home with my da.. will be going to as many as I can now!

Here's a snap from where I was:

Clap
God save Ireland! said the heroes, God save Ireland said they all.Whether on the scaffold high or the battlefield we die,Oh what matter when for Erin dear we fall!

Dalyer - so good they sold it twice
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 7:50am
Flags and poles back safe and sound. Good work lads fair play to all involved Clap 

My take on it is if you wave the flag around in an "8" you don't obstruct peoples view of the game that much. The flag i had I put down in the seats in front of me which I thought was a handy way to store them till they are needed seen as nobody uses their seat in the SS. Next time we should only really wave them when the noise goes up in the ground which unfortunately wasnt too often last night. Its the first time we had these tifo's so lets not get too critical as the pro's far outweigh the cons. The 25 flags looked quality and were well worth the big effort by all. With a bit of luck we will double the amount of tifo's in the near future and make them a trademark of the SS. 

TangyZizzle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 7:52am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

The 25 flags looked quality and were well worth the big effort by all. With a bit of luck we will double the amount of tifo's in the near future and make them a trademark of the SS. 

Hear hear.

As an aside. Count, Flick, Aido and I think he said it was DarrenMc. It was a pleasure meeting you all and being able to give you a hand however small that effort was. I look forward to doing it again in the future. G'wan YBIG.
God save Ireland! said the heroes, God save Ireland said they all.Whether on the scaffold high or the battlefield we die,Oh what matter when for Erin dear we fall!

Dalyer - so good they sold it twice
NiallbutnotQuinn View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiallbutnotQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 7:54am
Originally posted by PJIRELAND PJIRELAND wrote:

flags looked great last nite lads but maybe in future only give them to lads with more than one brain cell. no problem with the flags being waved when ball is out of play or when ball is being knocked about but one donkey in particular waving it when there is a corner and nobody behind him can see whats happening. i'm there to support our team but to actually see the match as well!!

i know the lad ur talking about. I could hear yez screaming at him but he was not givin a flag that was his
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 4:28pm
Looked great!Clap well done lads!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 5:17pm
flags looked great alright and just high enough so yis could just about see the far goalLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic