You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 133>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:55am
How does drinking lots of water help you lose weight?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:56am
When you're dehydrated your body retains water. Adds to body weight.

Also speeds up metabolism and burns calories
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:59am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Few different ways but for example, if you have a steady flow of water your body will stop storing water. Body water causes bloating around the belly.
It also helps you to feel more full so stops you from feeling as hungry and snacking or for example, if you have a pint of water before your dinner then you won’t feel the need to eat as big of a portion.
Helps the digestion system too apparently 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:59am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

When you're dehydrated your body retains water. Adds to body weight.

Also speeds up metabolism and burns calories

Spot on.

Extreme small amounts of coffee and sodium chloride (table salt in other words) are also known to boost metabolism
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 12:10pm
If you're having carbs with your breakfast, try and cut them out and stick with a breakfast made up of proteins and fats. This usually keeps me fuller up until lunch time, whereas before I was always hungry 2-3 hours after having breakfast.

Also, if you're already doing a fair bit of exercise, try limiting carb intake until the meal before you train, and the meal you have after you train.

As has been mentioned above though, weight loss is all about calories in vs calories out.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 12:16pm
I re-iterate the calories in v calories out. It really is that simple and the best way to lose weight.

To figure out how many calories you should be eating, download Sigma Nutrition's calculator. It is one of the more accurate ones out there and free to use. Also tells you how much protein/carbs/fats you should be eating and takes in to account the amount of exercise you do each day.

To figure out how many calories you are then eating, download the 'My Fitness Pal' app on to your phone and track everything you eat. Do this for at least a couple of weeks and you will soon find if you are eating in a caloric deficit which you need to be to lose weight.
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I re-iterate the calories in v calories out. It really is that simple and the best way to lose weight.

To figure out how many calories you should be eating, download Sigma Nutrition's calculator. It is one of the more accurate ones out there and free to use. Also tells you how much protein/carbs/fats you should be eating and takes in to account the amount of exercise you do each day.

To figure out how many calories you are then eating, download the 'My Fitness Pal' app on to your phone and track everything you eat. Do this for at least a couple of weeks and you will soon find if you are eating in a caloric deficit which you need to be to lose weight.

I find that if you over-complicate things with apps and diaries that they're more likely to feel overwhelmed and eventually give in.

I like to stick to the 3 basic rules, all 3 which have already been mentioned by previous posters - 
Keep away from processed foods/sugar, keep drinking water, stay active.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 12:38pm
JI drink a lot of water dehydration can leafy to anxiety and panic attacks, but a doctor told me to keep under 8 pints a day. It seems to lead to hyponatremia. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 28 Aug 2019 at 12:38pm
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I find that if you over-complicate things with apps and diaries that they're more likely to feel overwhelmed and eventually give in.

I like to stick to the 3 basic rules, all 3 which have already been mentioned by previous posters - 
Keep away from processed foods/sugar, keep drinking water, stay active.

Yeah I get your point. But if you do the above for even 2 weeks you'll learn a lot about what you need to be eating to hit your goal
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 2:30pm

How many calories are in 8 pints of stout and a snack box?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 2:31pm

You burn off calories getting up off your balloon knot every 10 minutes and walking to the sh*tter for a wizz.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

How many calories are in 8 pints of stout and a snack box?

Put it in the app and see Clap
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:01pm
Was back up to 17st 1lb at the start of the year. Completely forgot about diet after our baby was born. Been back at slimming world for a few weeks now lost 24lb so far (15st 5lb) hoping to get down to 13st 13lb by Nov for my sisters wedding. It's hard when if I'm good all week i'll lose a couple of pounds but if I have a night with a few pints then I will put on 4lb. f**king getting old is sh*t.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:02pm

You burn off calories getting up off your balloon knot every 10 minutes and walking to the sh*tter for a wizz.

LOL

Doing 5km runs each night for the last 6 days myself but I haven't restricted my diet.  Probably wasting my timeLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL

Doing 5km runs each night for the last 6 days myself but I haven't restricted my diet.  Probably wasting my timeLOL

Not been smart but depends what your doing the running for. Not a waste of time if you just want to build up fitness. I ran a couple of half marathons but never changed my diet so i was doing them at about 16 stone no bother, if i changed my diet i probably would've have easily dropped weight as a bonus
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:10pm
Just want to lose 1/2 stone.  Usually have a fairly healthy breakfast but snack on biscuits with tea during the day and usually have a dessert after dinner.  Also have about 5 pints on a night out at the weekends.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Was back up to 17st 1lb at the start of the year. Completely forgot about diet after our baby was born. Been back at slimming world for a few weeks now lost 24lb so far (15st 5lb) hoping to get down to 13st 13lb by Nov for my sisters wedding. It's hard when if I'm good all week i'll lose a couple of pounds but if I have a night with a few pints then I will put on 4lb. f**king getting old is sh*t.

I’m in that boat at the minute
New baby born two weeks ago. With lack of sleep, no energy to do exercise, and eating convenience food as well as countless buns/biscuits when visitors come round, can say I’m well out of shape the last couple of weeks 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Just want to lose 1/2 stone.  Usually have a fairly healthy breakfast but snack on biscuits with tea during the day and usually have a dessert after dinner.  Also have about 5 pints on a night out at the weekends.

Here lies the problem LOL

There's no barley in spirit drinks but a f**k ton of it in pints and red wine
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 133>
  Share Topic