You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 133>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Dead lifts,  Power Cleans,  Bench Press, Squats, Shrugs,  Barbell 21's. All big weight, large muscle group stuff. We'd be a smallish, fast, good footballing side but we're up to senior this year and the difference in physicality will be significant. So we're on the heavy stuff and creatine for a while! 

An absolute killerDead
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 8:32am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Joined a GYM today. Going to get them do a programme as they'd no that stuff. Going get into it properally this time. Not just going up doing bits here and there. Get a programe done and work on it.

Good man Heff . Best thing is to get your form right whatever exercises you are doin . Technique is the most important thing for your first few weeks. Once you nail them the results come fairly quickly . If you don't you will end up hurting yourself and sending your posture out of balance .

AM - sound like a tough session yis had . Strength and hypertrophy (1 rep max stuff with heavy weights) is great for pre season but in a 8 week pre season you should do it for 2 weeks max . After that 2 weeks muscular endurance (12-15 reps of middle weights) and plyometric stuff. Then concentrate on speed and agility. Power sleds and speed parachutes are top class for the sharp stuff
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 8:39am

Joined a GYM today. Going to get them do a programme as they'd no that stuff. Going get into it properally this time. Not just going up doing bits here and there. Get a programe done and work on it.

Have a gym programme we use with the Gaelic team if you want it. Have been using it myself the past two and a half weeks. It's very good to be fair and is for pre season, so basically improve fitness/stamina, lose weight and build muscle. It's made by a personal trainer.

PM me your email address if you want it chief.

Edited by El_nino - 23 Jan 2014 at 8:40am
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 8:45am
one stone lost since christmas, running every day , eating only chicken fish veg and fruit , not one bit of fat has gone past my lips. nearly 7 kilo lost

the clicking on my knee means i have to stop running now , meeting physio on wednesday and if he says i can keep running then i am going to up the KMs , if not then i will finally sort out buying a bike.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Good man Heff . Best thing is to get your form right whatever exercises you are doin . Technique is the most important thing for your first few weeks. Once you nail them the results come fairly quickly . If you don't you will end up hurting yourself and sending your posture out of balance .

AM - sound like a tough session yis had . Strength and hypertrophy (1 rep max stuff with heavy weights) is great for pre season but in a 8 week pre season you should do it for 2 weeks max . After that 2 weeks muscular endurance (12-15 reps of middle weights) and plyometric stuff. Then concentrate on speed and agility. Power sleds and speed parachutes are top class for the sharp stuff

Was good alright. Proper old school weight lifting gym with great equipment. All the bars and weights were bought from the Beijing Olympics. Serious coin spent on it. 3 or 4 lads training us so pretty much will do what they say.

I'm combining it with the Mens Health V8 workout which is much more varied. Bit of weights, circuits, carido etc.
@AntrimMan85
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

one stone lost since christmas, running every day , eating only chicken fish veg and fruit , not one bit of fat has gone past my lips. nearly 7 kilo lost

the clicking on my knee means i have to stop running now , meeting physio on wednesday and if he says i can keep running then i am going to up the KMs , if not then i will finally sort out buying a bike.

Is that literally all you have been eating. Do you not find it impossible to stick too?

Well done by the way some achievement!!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 9:51am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Is that literally all you have been eating. Do you not find it impossible to stick too?

its absolute murder LOL havent had a drink either, am in ireland next weekend and will have a few pints though.

every time i get hungry in the office i go downstairs and buy an apple or a pear, its working alright.

i broke out one night and ate two bowls of rice crispies LOL but that was my only fall off the wagon ,
i miss milk Cry  but i dont miss chocolate at all , there is some in the fridge and i never touched it.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 9:54am
Be careful roger if its murder its going to be hard to sustain.    Depends on what your goal is but mine is to slowly lose 1 or 2 lbs a month over a long period of time and bring it down that way.  Basically just make losing a small amount of weight to become the norm. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Be careful roger if its murder its going to be hard to sustain.    Depends on what your goal is but mine is to slowly lose 1 or 2 lbs a month over a long period of time and bring it down that way.  Basically just make losing a small amount of weight to become the norm. 

i need to lose another stone and then i'll be happy, as long as i can keep running i will be able to eat within reason and keep the weight level then , the murder part is the diet  , i am loving the increase in excercise. if my knee complicates things i will find other methods to excercise.

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:02am
Diet seems a wee bit on the extreme side Roger. I try to control carbs as much as possible ( oats in the morning, brown rice with lunch) but do you not find yourself lacking energy with none at all.

I just wouldn't find that sustainable.
@AntrimMan85
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:02am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

He'll be fine, he's very fond of chicken burgers and fish burgers from what I've heard.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:05am

Diet seems a wee bit on the extreme side Roger. I try to control carbs as much as possible ( oats in the morning, brown rice with lunch) but do you not find yourself lacking energy with none at all.

Yeah that would be my concern also.  

When you return to "normal" eating, how do you know if the "normal" eating will keep the weight off.  
If your plan is to try the diet you are on now and then have a step down diet which is more balanced and keeps the weight off that would be a good idea I think.  That way you get the benefits of quick weight loss but also have a sustainable way of living for the future when you come off the extreme diet.  
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah that would be my concern also.  

When you return to "normal" eating, how do you know if the "normal" eating will keep the weight off.  
If your plan is to try the diet you are on now and then have a step down diet which is more balanced and keeps the weight off that would be a good idea I think.  That way you get the benefits of quick weight loss but also have a sustainable way of living for the future when you come off the extreme diet.  

If you're prone to putting on weight easily then I'd control your carb intake to just before training and a small amount after training to refuel your muscles after the workout. Once your weight loss balances off I'd change your workouts as you will need to "shock" the body again so you dont plateau. Fair play on the weight loss so far Clap
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:12am

have had no problem with energy levels yet , i am knackered at night alright but thats down to extra running and i am sleeping well. i feel very good in the mornings ( this may be due to no beer LOL)

i will deffo have to change my diet if i want to keep the weight off , am more than aware of that.
i am eating tons of grilled chicken mind you( had 250g for lunch yesterday and a big breast last night)  , and fish as often as i can.
i am not sticking with this current diet, its only a couple more weeks.  , looking forward to the brown rice and brown pasta as well in the future , i will just need to do things different to before.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:13am
Some lad in my gym is only having 1 meal a day and then just lives off juicing veg for the rest of the day. I dont know how he's managing with, the sessions we do are very tough, I'd pass out if I had that little food.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:14am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

If you're prone to putting on weight easily then I'd control your carb intake to just before training and a small amount after training to refuel your muscles after the workout. Once your weight loss balances off I'd change your workouts as you will need to "shock" the body again so you dont plateau. Fair play on the weight loss so far Clap

can you explain this bit? cheers!

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:15am

have had no problem with energy levels yet , i am knackered at night alright but thats down to extra running and i am sleeping well. i feel very good in the mornings ( this may be due to no beer LOL)

i will deffo have to change my diet if i want to keep the weight off , am more than aware of that.
i am eating tons of grilled chicken mind you( had 250g for lunch yesterday and a big breast last night)  , and fish as often as i can.
i am not sticking with this current diet, its only a couple more weeks.  , looking forward to the brown rice and brown pasta as well in the future , i will just need to do things different to before.

Ah yeah, that makes sense. Fair play.

Oh, and no one looks forward to Brown Rice. It is the food of the devil. It is little pellets of pure evil. If Satan had a rabbit, it would sh*te brown rice.
@AntrimMan85
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:15am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Some lad in my gym is only having 1 meal a day and then just lives off juicing veg for the rest of the day. I dont know how he's managing with, the sessions we do are very tough, I'd pass out if I had that little food.

As my ma would say, 'I wouldn't like to be cleaning out his cage'
@AntrimMan85
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 133>
  Share Topic