You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 133>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

I train about 3 or 4 times a week and get my routine changed every 6 weeks, I would get bored doing the same thing all the time.

I also take CLAs, BCAAs, Green Tea tablets and L-Carnitine (all for recovery and weight loss)

There is some really good information and motivation on bodybuilding.com

Have you always done this or did you just start recently to lose weight ??
M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:26pm
Foods that assists and speed up slimming:

Strawberries, Melons (any type), baked beans, passata, blackberriers, raspberries + a handful of others Wink
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:28pm

I train about 3 or 4 times a week and get my routine changed every 6 weeks, I would get bored doing the same thing all the time.

I also take CLAs, BCAAs, Green Tea tablets and L-Carnitine (all for recovery and weight loss)

No better motivation that looking in the mirror Embarrassed.

WTF are these bad boys CLAs and BCAAs?

What do you do in the gym?

My mate that I went with has now emigrated and I tend to slack off when working out in my own.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 6:20am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

My mate that I went with has now emigrated and I tend to slack off when working out in my own.

Cla's are Conjugated linoleic acids . Considered a Weight Loss Supplement. Know several people who have tried them
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 8:22am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Have you always done this or did you just start recently to lose weight ??
I was in a few different gyms on and off over the last few years but didnt really stick with them.

Last September I got a shock when I weighed myself and saw I was 15 stone, I just decided there and then I was going to lose weight.

At the start of the year I was planning my trip to Poland and that was good motivation for sticking at it, I ended up losing a stone and a half.

If I can do it anyone can do it anyone can do it, you just have to set a few short term and long term goals and stick at it.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 9:49am

LOL

BCAAs are Branch Chain Amino Acids

I do a mix of cardio and weights, circuit training is great for losing weight.

I could pm you my routine later if you wanted to see it.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 10:24am

LOL

BCAAs are Branch Chain Amino Acids

I do a mix of cardio and weights, circuit training is great for losing weight.

I could pm you my routine later if you wanted to see it.

Yeah go for it Clap

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Polcia View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Ybig's resident Doctor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polcia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 2:20pm
I think that most important is regular training and well balanced diet.

Jogging improves condition, stamina, you loose your weight at beggining, but then you have to increase the distance or speed if you want to keep the effect, because your body is getting used to it.
If you want to loose weight, then optimal Heart Rate during jogging (and other cardio exercises) is about 70-75% of your maximal HR (maxHR= 220-age). It generally means that you can run and talk to a friend at the same time without getting shortness of breath. But pulsometer is a great stuff, very helpful and not very expensive.

Two years ago I was jogging 3-4 times a week, whole training was taking about 2h (30 min fast walking, 60min jogging, 30 min fast walking - and I was gradually increasing time of running), plus I was having some exercises at home (crunches, some push-ups, jumping jacks, etc.).
I was in great shape then, I have to start my training again, because I put on weight lately... it's not much, but I'm short, so every kilogram up and down is easy to notice.

That guy has good tutorials about doing exercises properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmYwZH_BNd0&feature=list_other&playnext=1&list=SP5D4FDA5D308D70EC

You won't loose weight without diet!
Beer is very fattening, it has high glycemic index (sugar level in blood rises very fast and then is lowering very fast too - that promotes the formation of adipose tissue). Generally alcohol is not helping...
You should limit eating saturated fatty acids and replace them by unsaturated fatty acid, avoid sweets and eat much more vegetables and composed carbohydrates - like
wholemeal bread (instead of wheat bread), etc...

cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 5:37pm
A few lads have sent me pms looking for the routine I used so just going to post it here and ye can take a look at.

Monday:
5 minute cardio warmup
20 squat jumps on a box
20 Leg Curls on the Leg Curl Machine
20 Reps of Mountain Climbs
20 Reps of a Plank with Row
20 steps of Walking Lunges
20 Basic Ab Curls
x3

Tuesday
5 minute warmup
12 minutes walking on the treadmill at a fast pace, alternate each minute with an incline
12 minutes on an exercise bike going slow one minute and fast the next
various ab exercises

Wednesday is a repeat of Monday

Thursday:
10 minute warmup
20 split squats
20 leg curls
20 dips
20 biceps curls
20 push ups
x3

Friday is a repeat of Monday

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 1:20pm
Do you reckon you have to actually go to the gym a few times a week or would a 30 minute walk/run around the park etc have the same effect as the gym would? Is it just about getting your heart rate up in general or do certain types of exercise work better ?? 
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 1:41pm
A great way to lose body fat is the Fartlek Method of running. 

Basically it is walk, jog, sprint. Eg. walk for 30 seconds, jog for 30 and sprint for 30. Alter the times according to your level of fitness.

Alternatively, go for a few FB (Fat Burn) runs although when I was at Longford they were called the Fat Bastard runs. The FB runs we done were 8 minute runs just above jogging pace but below half pace. Because you are working at the lower end of your heart rate scale, the more fat you will burn. 
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Peake View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 3:45pm

Do you reckon you have to actually go to the gym a few times a week or would a 30 minute walk/run around the park etc have the same effect as the gym would? Is it just about getting your heart rate up in general or do certain types of exercise work better ?? 

Weights over everything.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 4:04pm
Anyone have any programmes for tonning and putting on muscle? If you do or know any good ones could you pm me please? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Peake Peake wrote:

Weights over everything.

Jaysus. I just wanna lose a few pounds not turn into a body builder.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

A great way to lose body fat is the Fartlek Method of running. <div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Basically it is walk, jog, sprint. Eg. walk for 30 seconds, jog for 30 and sprint for 30. Alter the times according to your level of fitness.

Alternatively, go for a few FB (Fat Burn) runs although when I was at Longford they were called the Fat Bastard runs. The FB runs we done were 8 minute runs just above jogging pace but below half pace. Because you are working at the lower end of your heart rate scale, the more fat you will burn. 

the 1 min walk,then Jog, then Sprint is serious for weight loss.

Its not easy tho

Few Boys from Longford Playing in the MDL now
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 1:49pm

Originally posted by Peake Peake wrote:

Weights over everything.

Jaysus. I just wanna lose a few pounds not turn into a body builder.
It takes years of training and dedication to turn into a bodybuilder , you could always get to a certain point and just keep changing what you do to maintain the way you look when you reach your goal target Thumbs Up
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

A great way to lose body fat is the Fartlek Method of running. <div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

the 1 min walk,then Jog, then Sprint is serious for weight loss.

Its not easy tho

Few Boys from Longford Playing in the MDL now

How long would u do each work out for?
What other exercises would you do before or after the interval running? weights, rowing or anything??

was doing a 30 minute run on the treadmill on Monday, just at steady pace but for the last 8 mins i did 1 min jog  then 1 min sprint
did 12 mins last nite of 1 min jog 1 min sprint

its a lot tougher and you feel better after it than just doing a boring long run at steady pace.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Aug 2012 at 10:20am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:39am
Started training yesterday with my friend who is a personal trainer. I think it was the first time I didnt have a cigarette driving to the gym and one driving home, felt great. Am so unfit though could hardly do anything hopefully by the end of the couple of weeks training with him ill be better. 9 days off the smokes and counting Big smile Saving ridicules money too its great.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 133>
  Share Topic