You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 133>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Well Sham, how goes the exercise rothar?
Prick cancelled the collection supposedly getting it tomorrow evening instead. Reckon he got a better offer. Back to drawing baord.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 7:21pm
Picked up the bike yesterday evening and put it together. Was bollixed after thatLOL
Anyway, downloaded the app that Paulie suggested and linked it to the Google Fit app on my phone. Did 18k on the bike and can feel it in the legs this evening. One thing though, I was like Bambi on Ice, kept losing the rhythm and one of the pedal straps kept opening and my foot would fly out on a sprintLOL

Weighed myself for the first time in two years too after I showered, and im up just over a stone in that time. Thought it would be more.

Edited by Sham157 - 17 Feb 2021 at 7:22pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 7:38pm
Use that as an easy win Sham, the fact you're starting from a better base!

Out in the garden today and yesterday hacking at a load of bushes and briars to clear them, cutting them up etc. Great exercise! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 7:41pm
Fair play. Which programme are you doing on the app? (Meant for Sham)

Edited by Paulie - 17 Feb 2021 at 7:42pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 7:59pm
what bikes did you go for sham and Paulie and how much did they set you  back.  Did you go for spin bikes or exercise bikes.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

started at the start Paulie, beginners level.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

what bikes did you go for sham and Paulie and how much did they set you  back.  Did you go for spin bikes or exercise bikes.  

I just picked up a basic exercise bike on Adverts. Only cost €80. If I stick at it then ill invest in an upgrade down the line.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Fair play. 18km in the half hour is some going.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:50pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Fair play. 18km in the half hour is some going.
Yeah was surprised it was that much. I kind of had the 10km mark in my head
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I have a BC50. It's a recumbent so it gives good support to your back.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:04pm
Fair play to the lads doing the exercise bike. Have one at home and if I do anything more then 30 I'm walking like John Wayne.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:22am
3 weeks back in gym and already my T-Shirts are fitting much better and I am not feeling like a fat slob. Still some way to go to get back to being fully in shape but moving in right direction. 

I got the wife to take a similar front and side photo of me as I left first lockdown, then as I re-entered second after losing weight, then again as I left second and re-entered third, etc. 
My timeline history of waistline increasing and decreasing in sequence with the lockdown will probably be the most go-to thing I will look back on in years to come when I think about the lockdowns during the covid pandemic and explain to the grandkids what type of affect it had! 

Edited by t_rAndy - 26 Jun 2021 at 10:24am
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

3 weeks back in gym and already my T-Shirts are fitting much better and I am not feeling like a fat slob. Still some way to go to get back to being fully in shape but moving in right direction. 

I got the wife to take a similar front and side photo of me as I left first lockdown, then as I re-entered second after losing weight, then again as I left second and re-entered third, etc. 
My timeline history of waistline increasing and decreasing in sequence with the lockdown will probably be the most go-to thing I will look back on in years to come when I think about the lockdowns during the covid pandemic and explain to the grandkids what type of affect it had! 

I ballooned up to 97kgs after the fist lockdown. Back down under 92kgs at the moment. Calorie counting on my fitness pal 6 days a week and leaving some rope to go off the rails one day at the weekend has worked for me. Scales is moving in slowly in the right direction. I could speed the weight loss up if I stopped drinking altogether but life is too stressful for that right now!
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 8:27pm
Well hit over 80kg for the first time in my life in Feb , now never been on a diet or ever been in a Gym , the wife did think it was a good time to but bikes .
I have lost around 4kg and i think the wife is trying to murder me just to let you know . Question

Edited by Claret Murph - 27 Jun 2021 at 8:27pm
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:05am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Definitely a good way to track progress. Veyr hard to see results over a long term without a monthly photo
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 9:37am
Really struggling with the weight recently. Exercise is isn't a problem I'm playing hurling 2/3 times a week and maybe an extra run on top of that but my diet is all over the place. 

Feel like I've been overloaded with different diets and I really don't know what I should be eating, like I tried to follow operation transformation but then I read it somewhere that it was basically a calorie deficient diet for quick weight loss but not sustainable?!? 

Anyone have any links to websites or plans that are any good?
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 11:00am
Honestly Foggy the only way to lose weight is to be eating less calories than you're burning. Any fad diet will only work if it is achieving that principal.

Google 'Sigma nutrition calorie calculator' and enter your weight/height etc and it will calculate how many calories you should aim for if trying to lose weight. Then download My Fitness Pal app and track your calories for a few days to gauge how much you should be eating.

Buy a little electronic weighing scales to weigh food - you'll be shocked at how many calories you over eat by free pouring the likes of porridge oats etc
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Honestly Foggy the only way to lose weight is to be eating less calories than you're burning. Any fad diet will only work if it is achieving that principal.

Google 'Sigma nutrition calorie calculator' and enter your weight/height etc and it will calculate how many calories you should aim for if trying to lose weight. Then download My Fitness Pal app and track your calories for a few days to gauge how much you should be eating.

Buy a little electronic weighing scales to weigh food - you'll be shocked at how many calories you over eat by free pouring the likes of porridge oats etc

Thanks Gaz. I understand that, I guess I'm looking for a sustainable calorie deficient diet rather than an extreme one that isn't sustainable long term

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 133>
  Share Topic