You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 133>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:38am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I use Runkeeper, does the job. I smoke 20 cigs a day so obviously my cardio day is like a chore to me LOL

That Joe Wicks fella seems sound alright

Met him at the Calvin Harris pool party in Vegas: I was half smashed, he was drinking juice I think. He went down in my estimation. He will probably outlive me by 30 years!!!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 1:37pm
I had the pleasure of meeting Joe Wicks at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I had the pleasure of meeting Joe Wicks at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

Oooooooh friend 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:38pm

Save the trains?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:42pm
Who is he? The fella from the hardware shop?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

0/10
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 3:38pm
Confused

0/10
You can rate questions?

I just looked him up and he has the head of a ****. How do you become a celebrity fitness instructor? Bring back Mr. Motivator!

Edited by pre Madonna - 26 Mar 2020 at 3:41pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 3:44pm

LOL Thought he was dead.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:07pm

Confused

0/10
You can rate questions?

I just looked him up and he has the head of a ****. How do you become a celebrity fitness instructor? Bring back Mr. Motivator!

That's better. That made me laugh LOL

f**kin Mr. Motivator LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:37pm

Confused

0/10
You can rate questions?

He's doing a good thing this week, doing a workout video mon-fri to replace PE class and geared towards kids stuck at home during the pandemic. But my gripe within his videos so far is he won't shut up about the amount of views he has and the impact he is potentially making to 'millions'
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 5:11pm
Aren’t things difficult enough for them? 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 5:23pm
What he's doing is grand. The kids enjoy it, the parents are enjoying it so it works.

But it still doesn't beat going outside unfortunately, especially when the weather's getting better. Vitamin D from the sun acts as a natural antidepressant on top of physical activity, ideal if you have a garden, tougher if you live in a block of flats.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 11:52am
At the running a bit now and using the Strava app on the phone to track the runs. Wouldn't mind getting a good but not too expensive watch to track the distance, time etc - any recommendations? Garmin ones look great but dear
Some people just deserve a slap
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 12:00pm
I've been using the Runkeeper app for years (even pay for the full version) to track distance, pace etc. I used a Polar watch when training for the Dublin marathon in 2018 as easily being able to see you current pace is very handy. Have a Garman Vivoactive 3 at the minute which is pretty much a full smartwatch. To be honest unless you are going to get serious into it or get into middle/long distance running the apps are more than sufficient. But if you think a watch will help give it a go, no harm getting a 2nd hand/recon Garmin either.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 12:51pm
Downloaded Runkeeper at the start of this lockdown about 5 weeks ago. Makes going for a run more competitive if I'm trying to finish under a certain mins per mile time or beat a previous time, instead of just going out for a run and not even timing myself or tracking the distance as I used to do.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I've been using the Runkeeper app for years (even pay for the full version) to track distance, pace etc. I used a Polar watch when training for the Dublin marathon in 2018 as easily being able to see you current pace is very handy. Have a Garman Vivoactive 3 at the minute which is pretty much a full smartwatch. To be honest unless you are going to get serious into it or get into middle/long distance running the apps are more than sufficient. But if you think a watch will help give it a go, no harm getting a 2nd hand/recon Garmin either.
Cheers for that. Yeah it's the current pace & time when running that I want to see. Had to take the phone out a couple of times yesterday to check and it wasn't ideal
Some people just deserve a slap
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 2:09pm
Well it took me 8 days in a row  to paint the outside of the house and i managed to lose 2.5 kg , the ladders baby the ladders .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 3:28pm
On the running watches, they really do make a difference to your motivation. Every time ya go out it definitely encourages you to push it a bit more, gives ya something to compare it to and makes it easier to track progress. The way I see it, running is a free activity anyway so didn't mind spending €150 on a watch. Added the heart rate montior later which gives even more data.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 133>
  Share Topic