You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 133>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I'm awful for the cappuccinos. Terrible habit.

Have been trying to switch to strictly lemon and ginger tea and camomile tea, but it's hard.

I've always been big into the coffee culture.
Moving from Lattes to Americanos has been the one diet change I've been able to hold. Once you find an Americano coffee shop/tin/bean you like, it's easy. The Nestle Azera range are lovely for instant coffee when you're working at home
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

to understand the counting calories scenario, 1 pound of fat is roughly 3,500 calories. So to lose 1 pound per week you'd need to have a minus 500 calorie balance each day, that is you take in 500 calories less than your daily allowance. Daily allowance is roughly 2,200 calories, so you should take in 1,700 calories per day if you want to lose 1 pound per week. Obviously by doing exercise you can increase your daily calorie intake but only at the same calorie value of the exercise.To put it into context, 1 minute of walking at a steady pace burns between 4-5 calories whereas 1 pint of beer contains around 190 calories. And talking from personal experience the older you get the harder it is to shift weight. 

There are 3 different phases of calorie counting thresholds:
1. Deficit (simply expend more calories than you take = weight loss)
2. Maintenance (roughly consuming and expanding an equal amount of calories so you stay the same weight)
3. Surplus (More going in that coming out! = weight gain)

Everyone’s thresholds are different. They vary by age, weight, height etc. There are a few calculators online which can quickly and roughly work this out for you.

If you’re trying to lose weight, you need to put yourself in a calorie deficit. It’s basic biology. You can’t out train a bad diet, unfortunately. 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Have been trying to switch to strictly lemon and ginger tea and camomile tea, but it's hard.

Moving from Lattes to Americanos has been the one diet change I've been able to hold. Once you find an Americano coffee shop/tin/bean you like, it's easy. The Nestle Azera range are lovely for instant coffee when you're working at home

This was key for me and for some reason, I don't crave a biscuit as much when there's no milk in my tea/coffee.

I've skipped breakfast for years and don't have butter on sandwiches or salt on my dinner. I used to drink a bottle of Lucozade with my lunch until I realised the calories, so drink sparkling water instead.

I found these little changes relatively easy, that said, I am a binge drinker and love curry, kebabs, pizza, etc. so once my weight creeps past a certain point, I go hard at the fasting or do one of those military diets for a week to shift it.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:14pm

Has anyone got a recommendation for a decent spin bike for the house? The Mrs is looking at options. Didnt realise they are so pricey
El Puto Amo
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:43pm
Do ya have a bike you could use? You can get turbo trainers that just take your existing bike and turn it into a spin bike.

It's the sort of thing you can spend any amount of money on, Peloton are top of the range and are about €2k (though not available in Ireland yet)
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 8:28pm
Good god.

Starting tomorrow, I swear 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 8:49pm
Starting Tuesday 
As I polish off a bowl of nuts and another beer here, despite not even being hungry 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Starting Tuesday 
As I polish off a bowl of nuts and another beer here, despite not even being hungry 

It's so ridiculous. I'm not even enjoying it anymore LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 9:03pm
Going to go on a 3 month eat clean and drink very little buzz. Did it for 2 months earlier this year and produced great results. Going to try up it to 3 or 4. Main thing will be to keep the gargling to a minimum. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 9:53pm
I'm getting back into the swing of things next week after taking a lazy spell last while. Have still had a successful year this year started the year at 19:12 and currently 16:10 was as low as 16:1 before I took the foot off things 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 4:43pm
Tipped the scale at 96kg on New Years Day, aiming for under 90 by 31st May. Anyone wanna post up a target and we revisit them at some point?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 6:19pm
Feck me , i have been so ill with this Flu for the last 2.5 weeks i have lost weight over Christmas Thumbs Down
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 8:50pm

Tipped the scale at 96kg on New Years Day, aiming for under 90 by 31st May. Anyone wanna post up a target and we revisit them at some point?

Deal 

Want to lose 5kg myself. Never, ever been heavier in my life. Cry

In fairness a lot of false weight because of the old over indulging so hopefully it will be more realistic in a week. 

Check back here in two weeks? 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 9:25am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Going to go on a 3 month eat clean and drink very little buzz. Did it for 2 months earlier this year and produced great results. Going to try up it to 3 or 4. Main thing will be to keep the gargling to a minimum. 

Doing the same. Aiming to do the Westport marathon at the beginning of April which will hopefully help me stick to being good. Wouldn't mind losing half a stone or so this year.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 10:54am
I went off the drink from September until Stephen's Day and actually put on weight LOL eating like a kunt because I was subconsciously going easy on myself for not drinking.

Will be defo trying to eat a lot cleaner from now. As Mark said above, you don't even enjoy the eating sh!te after a while
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 8:10am

I work from home. I’ve got a coffee grinder and an espresso machine. Not a combined one. 

Just getting up from the desk, grinding some beans, tamping the coffee container, boiling the kettle etc gets me away from the desk for five minutes.

I couldn’t say I’m a massive coffee fan but I love the process of doing it. 

I’m drinking 2-3 americanos each morning. I went back to my parents house for two weeks over Christmas. They only have decaf instant so I didn’t have a cup in all that time. I had none of the so called coffee withdrawals that people discuss. 

I’d say those who say they are coffee addicts are also putting in 50% full fat milk and a shot of gingerbread syrup and that’s what the body grumbles about not getting.

I’m also a fat sh*te, topping the scales at 110kg, and will be having dry January and not eating later than 6pm, counting calories as well. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 9:51am
Big thing for me is cutting out the bread and sweet stuff. If I manage that I'll be sound

Getting out walking too. 

Passed my first milestone already getting under a certain weight but as I said, a lot of that is just getting rid of the easy weight post Christmas. The hard stuff now to come Cry
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 10:06am
One of my new years resolutions is to cut down on takeaway food/drinks
Mainly to save money as I'm sure I would usually spend over £50 some weeks on coffees, a bar of of something at lunch time, items from the deli at breakfast time the odd day etc

Never really thought about the calories in the lattes that i'd buy but there's that too

So bought myself a jar of the instant stuff for the first time in years yesterday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 133>
  Share Topic