You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 133>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 9:58am
How is it?

It has been proven to work for people.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:02am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

How is it?

But can it actually be healthy? 
If I stopped eating nothing I'd lose loads of weight. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

How is it?

But it's not stopping eating. It's fasting.

I try to stop eating 7.30pm - 7.30am Monday to Thursday and it is perfectly fine by my GP. 

I am not sure about the other times listed (maybe Doherty was having a go at them). 
AS YOU WERE McGx

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:19am
Id have breakfast at 7.30 be hungry again by 10 LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:29am
I did actually lose a bit last year doing a 5 meal a day thing:
Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner around 6 and then don't eat again til next day. And mixing it up in terms of meat meals, fish meals, vegetarian dishes. But it was a lot of effort to prepare the plan and required both me and the missus on it to motivate each other. She's 7 months preggers now so has no motivation at all for being good with her diet! 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:31am
I tried the fasting a few times, found it impossible when trying to also fit in a gym session in between! Energy levels obviously take a hit.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:35am

How is it?

But it's not stopping eating. It's fasting.

I try to stop eating 7.30pm - 7.30am Monday to Thursday and it is perfectly fine by my GP. 

I am not sure about the other times listed (maybe Doherty was having a go at them). 

Well those times are handy enough cause your in bed most of it anyway. but some of those other times seemed crazy. Fasting as a form of losing weight could not be good for you. Ok say it works shorterm its not a solution for any real lenght of time. Plus you would prob feel like sh1t doing it, starving half the time. Better off having a healthy diet and cut out as much of the rubbish as possible. Getting as much exercise as you can. Nothing new in that. Personally i am amazed how anyone can skip breakfast. I could not leave the house in the morning without something.
I love beer gardens
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I tried the fasting a few times, found it impossible when trying to also fit in a gym session in between! Energy levels obviously take a hit.

Yeah you have to plan around it.
You can’t be fasting and doing a proper workout each day. 
I guess do the fasting on your rest days. 

I’m so busy these days I don’t have time for proper workouts but the breakfast - dinner fasting works for me. 
I can get in some exercise at lunchtime- some weights, squats, jumps etc but no cardio. 

I’ve tried the 24 hour fasting but it’s tough when you are working too. I get mentally tired. 

The fasting won’t work for everyone but at the end of the day, it’s calories in and calories out. If you can have good days when your are burning more it will help the aul body. 

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:48am

How is it?

But it’s not every day. 
Try one day with just breakfast and dinner 12 hours apart and see if you are strong enough to survive! 

I’m use to that now so can easily do it 2/3 times a week.

The 16 hours and 24 hours are harder when you are working. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:52am
Work till 11.45pm during the week so snacking is a disaster, especially at home after work. Up with 2 kids then during the day so the only food plan is theres. 
I’ve embraced being unfit & portly though, no point pushing yourselves too hard lads 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 11:03am
to understand the counting calories scenario, 1 pound of fat is roughly 3,500 calories. So to lose 1 pound per week you'd need to have a minus 500 calorie balance each day, that is you take in 500 calories less than your daily allowance. Daily allowance is roughly 2,200 calories, so you should take in 1,700 calories per day if you want to lose 1 pound per week. Obviously by doing exercise you can increase your daily calorie intake but only at the same calorie value of the exercise.To put it into context, 1 minute of walking at a steady pace burns between 4-5 calories whereas 1 pint of beer contains around 190 calories. And talking from personal experience the older you get the harder it is to shift weight. 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 03 Sep 2021 at 11:06am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 11:11am
I contemplated cutting out bread a while back but i just couldn't. I have cut down on it as much as possible but its one thing that is very hard to substitute i find, so i decided against it. Has anyone else cut it out of their lives?
I love beer gardens
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 11:15am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I contemplated cutting out bread a while back but i just couldn't. I have cut down on it as much as possible but its one thing that is very hard to substitute i find, so i decided against it. Has anyone else cut it out of their lives?
Cut down if you can but if you cant then enjoy it and reduce your calories by cutting out/down on something else instead.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 11:39am
The wife goes through phases of joining slimming world and when she does i'd eat healthily with her, thats the only way i can lose weight. 
Lost 10lbs now in the last 13 days or so doing it

Porridge for brekfast, salad for lunch - chicken lettuce tomato coleslaw pasta salad egg, something healthyish for dinner like chicken and veg or pasta bolognese
Snacks are tea, coffee, yoghurt and a slimming world biscuit, cut out lattes. 
1 cheat day a week, or sometimes 2

I've also done very little exercise in this time while if i was eating normally i'd be at the gym 3 or 4 times a week and would be staying the same weight
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 11:55am
I'm awful for the cappuccinos. Terrible habit.

Have been trying to switch to strictly lemon and ginger tea and camomile tea, but it's hard.

I've always been big into the coffee culture.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 12:25pm
Yeah, I’d have 3 or 4 lattes a day normally 
You don’t think of the calories in them 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 12:32pm
If you can't go without just reduce them down to 8oz and lose some of the calories.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Same boat here, I'm 38 now, and definitely a lot softer than I was doing the same level of exercise in early 30's. 

Met a personal trainer recently who suggested that instead of fighting the belly forever, I should focus on building up the chest and shoulders, gives the body a better shape than thin top and pudgy belly

So he basically said there is no hope for ya,  F him!! 

My friend is a personal trainer but he tries to focus on what you eat/drink. Says you can’t outwork a bad diet past 30. 
That was kinda the point tho,unless you want to go Tom Brady/Ronaldo on it, you're gonna have a belly. I like a few pints at the weekend, takeaway every Friday, I'm by no means obese but I've no interest in a six pack. I never have my top off in public, so I've no interest in looking like I'm on Love Island. His advice was if you're gonna have a belly bigger than our waist, you're better off bumping up the chest to keep it proportonate.

It's by no means giving up on diet, there's lots of health benefits to having less fat around the middle, it's just putting a more realistic look on it as a 38-year-old dad of 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 133>
  Share Topic