You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 133>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

how was the hunger around 3pm? 
What weight did you start out at?
Fair play that’s some going 
When you start out the hunger is hard, I was never a big breakfast person to start with but would have always eaten by 12pm. It was always a case of keeping busy so at the time I would get most hungry at around 2pm I'd do my exercise then, go for a walk basically and you'd forget about  the hungert, routine is the most important thing (never ran, don't like running) 
I was 21.7 stone starting out, I'm 6'3 so I was a big Big man. Now it's not a weight I've been carrying all my life I put on the 7 stone over the past 5 years and am back now to the weight I got married at. I had a load of clothes I wanted to fit back into and used them as motivation, I'd try them on every second week to see where I stood and kept saying in another month that will fit me. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 9:40pm

That’s incredible stuff. Fair play to you 
El Puto Amo
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 11:01pm
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 11:28pm
Unreal Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 9:22am
Brilliant, fair play Clap
No one thing works for everyone, great to find what worked for you and stick to it 
Some people just deserve a slap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Down 7 stone since last Christmas. It was a year where I had the chance to since I've only worked 9 weeks since mid march with the restrictions.
I found it easy enough, I did the intermittent fasting every day, I'd finish eating at 8pm every evening and would not eat again until 5pm the next day. In the 3 hours I eat what ever I want but no take aways or fizzy sugar drinks but I would have pasta, rice, burgers, roast dinners and spuds ect with dark chocolate and biscuits afterwards. 
I only drank one night a week but mostly G&t with one or two beers. 
I never went near a gym but I walked a lot, minimum 10k steps a day but for July I did minimum 20k steps every day for the month and lost well over a stone that month. 
Overall I found it very easy as I love walking and I did not deprive myself of any of the foods I love. 
One thing I drank a lot of coffee during the day to distract from any hunger also lots of water and two glasses of apple cider viniger every day. Anyone wants any more info let me know. 

Man, where do you get the energy from? Do you not feel incredibly sluggish? 21 hours without any food is crazy in my mind. 

Fair f**ks but obviously not sustainable long term so i gather you are now just going to try keep it off in other ways. 

I cant imagine lunch time in work not eating LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 11:22am
It's quite the opposite on energy levels, I used to get tired a lot and I work late nights and up with the children in the morning so 5 hours sleep was all I got and I'd be lethargic all day, I found even when I went back to work I had more energy than ever. Studies have shown that intermittent fasting raises your energy levels.
As for how I plan on maintaing my weight when I have reached my goal is switch to a 12 hour fast and 12 hour regular eating but still include a decent amount of walking. 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 11:26am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Down 7 stone since last Christmas. It was a year where I had the chance to since I've only worked 9 weeks since mid march with the restrictions.
I found it easy enough, I did the intermittent fasting every day, I'd finish eating at 8pm every evening and would not eat again until 5pm the next day. In the 3 hours I eat what ever I want but no take aways or fizzy sugar drinks but I would have pasta, rice, burgers, roast dinners and spuds ect with dark chocolate and biscuits afterwards. 
I only drank one night a week but mostly G&t with one or two beers. 
I never went near a gym but I walked a lot, minimum 10k steps a day but for July I did minimum 20k steps every day for the month and lost well over a stone that month. 
Overall I found it very easy as I love walking and I did not deprive myself of any of the foods I love. 
One thing I drank a lot of coffee during the day to distract from any hunger also lots of water and two glasses of apple cider viniger every day. Anyone wants any more info let me know. 

Man, where do you get the energy from? Do you not feel incredibly sluggish? 21 hours without any food is crazy in my mind. 

Fair f**ks but obviously not sustainable long term so i gather you are now just going to try keep it off in other ways. 

I cant imagine lunch time in work not eating LOL
Just do a 16/8 fast so finish eating at 7pm and you can still have a small lunch at 1pm with your work colleagues, then eat your dinner before 7pm and that's intermittent fasting. Belive me it becomes very easy after 2 or 3 weeks. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:19am
Question for those who tried intermittent fasting, is the purpose to skip breakfast or do you still have breakfast as first meal of the day? Thinking of giving it a go for a few months, thinking breakfast about 10.30 then a lunch about 1.30/2 and then have dinner wrapped up by 6.30

I’m guessing there’ll be no desire to snack in between those, hence the reduction in calories. I read elsewhere that intermittent fasting works by avoiding breakfast and eating from 12-8, which presumably is just lunch, snack, dinner.

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:58am
Yep I skip brekkie (which I usually would anyway when I'm working) and have lunch at 12 and then dinner no later than 8. Nothing bar water for the rest of the night. Hardest part for me was no tea and biscuits in the evening! 

It worked extremely well for me last year alongside the gym 

Best of luck with it! 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Question for those who tried intermittent fasting, is the purpose to skip breakfast or do you still have breakfast as first meal of the day? Thinking of giving it a go for a few months, thinking breakfast about 10.30 then a lunch about 1.30/2 and then have dinner wrapped up by 6.30

I’m guessing there’ll be no desire to snack in between those, hence the reduction in calories. I read elsewhere that intermittent fasting works by avoiding breakfast and eating from 12-8, which presumably is just lunch, snack, dinner.

I would assume you are better having breakfast as that’s get the metabolism going and then just dinner in the evening with healthy snacks in between - fruit, chicken etc 

I know you have small kids so time is limited but I always try and fit in one or two 10-15 mins work outs during the day.
I just do push ups, some weights, squats, kicks etc 
I used to do lots of running but no time now with a baby and my cycling to work has stopped. So I’m fighting hard just to stay the same with lockdown... I’m not eating or drinking more but not getting the exercise Im used too.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 12:30pm
Nobody should every skip breakfast. Easily the most important meal of the day. Ive never looked at any diet plan but if one includes that its a pile of sh1te.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 12:50pm
If i miss breakfast im hungry for the rest of the day no matter how big a lunch i have or dinner im hungry again not long after. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 1:15pm
I don't follow a specific diet plan. I just don't eat breakfast. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 1:18pm
Lost 2 stone (~12.5kg) since April. Essentially WFH has freed up 2 to 3 hours each day which allowed me to run like f**k during pandemic. Covered bang on 1000km in the past calendar year... 970km of which between April and December. Mostly 10k's. At the height of summer I was running 3 or 4 times a week (found the 5k's prelockdown were not burning enough calories to lose weight). Continued to eat normally during the pandemic... my other half is health eating conscious so the household diet is pretty good. Lots of fish, fruit and vegetables... no meat. The diet is usually low in sugar although we do have bursts of baking every now and then. Plenty of pasta, spuds etc. We make our own meals from scratch. Been 3 or 4 months since last takeaway. Last time I ate out was in November (battered fish and chips). 

I found 10k's are ideal to lose weight if you don't want to sacrifice too much of your diet. I burn roughly 800 calories during the run and a few more in the following hour. Obviously food containing saturated fat etc ain't going to help no matter the distance. So be smart about it.

As for alcohol I still have 2 or 3 500ml bottles of Guinness original each week. Obviously going on the batter is restricted these days which helps.

Need to rest now for 4 to 6 weeks to sort out shin splints but will be back out running again in mid February. Need to lose another couple of kilos as I'm still on the upper end of the BMI index for my age, height etc. category. . 

Edited by colemanY2K - 02 Jan 2021 at 1:24pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 1:20pm
And the importance of breakfast is massively disputed. "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is a line brought to you by people who want to sell you breakfast. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I would assume you are better having breakfast as that’s get the metabolism going and then just dinner in the evening with healthy snacks in between - fruit, chicken etc 

I know you have small kids so time is limited but I always try and fit in one or two 10-15 mins work outs during the day.
I just do push ups, some weights, squats, kicks etc 
I used to do lots of running but no time now with a baby and my cycling to work has stopped. So I’m fighting hard just to stay the same with lockdown... I’m not eating or drinking more but not getting the exercise Im used too.

Stick the baby in the buggy and go running. Great way to get out, get some exercise in and give the wife a break. I used to love doing it when mine were small enough.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Lost 2 stone (~12.5kg) since April. Essentially WFH has freed up 2 to 3 hours each day which allowed me to run like f**k during pandemic. Covered bang on 1000km in the past calendar year... 970km of which between April and December. Mostly 10k's. At the height of summer I was running 3 or 4 times a week (found the 5k's prelockdown were not burning enough calories to lose weight). Continued to eat normally during the pandemic... my other half is health eating conscious so the household diet is pretty good. Lots of fish, fruit and vegetables... no meat. The diet is usually low in sugar although we do have bursts of baking every now and then. Plenty of pasta, spuds etc. We make our own meals from scratch. Been 3 or 4 months since last takeaway. Last time I ate out was in November (battered fish and chips). 

I found 10k's are ideal to lose weight if you don't want to sacrifice too much of your diet. I burn roughly 800 calories during the run and a few more in the following hour. Obviously food containing saturated fat etc ain't going to help no matter the distance. So be smart about it.

As for alcohol I still have 2 or 3 500ml bottles of Guinness original each week. Obviously going on the batter is restricted these days which helps.

Need to rest now for 4 to 6 weeks to sort out shin splints but will be back out running again in mid February. Need to lose another couple of kilos as I'm still on the upper end of the BMI index for my age, height etc. category. . 

Don't follow this method if you're focusing on losing weight. Very outdated, doesn't factor in muscle mass or bone density. Plenty of people who are in great shape would be considered obese using BMI.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 133>
  Share Topic