You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 133>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 9:11am
Loads of stuff you can do without buying anything.

Food is the biggest obstacle. I've been tracking my walking\running and doing about 8km a day.

Will try and get a run, cycle and walk in every day now and then so a lot of squats and plyometrics etc..
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 1:06pm
Our local gym is closed, working out at home I find it tough to get motivated.

Will still do plenty of walking, good for the mind too.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:51am
Ordered one of those Turbo Trainers for hitching your bike up to indoors. Need to shift the weight.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Ordered one of those Turbo Trainers for hitching your bike up to indoors. Need to shift the weight.

They are a great job. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 11:22am
Free bodyweight workout plans here. Most of the stuff, you can do in the house. 

I also downloaded the Tabata timer app for my own personal training. It's free and it's easy to program. You input the number of exercises (stations) that you want to do; the time for each drill, the rest time in between; and how many sets you want to do. Then the phone does all the work and you don't need to be fluting around with a stopwatch or handling your mobile. Just leave it somewhere within your view and earshot. 
Working against the clock suits me better. When I'm starting to tire but I see there's 15 seconds or whatever left on the clock, it pushes me to keep doing and squeeze another few reps in instead of giving up. 
El Puto Amo
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 11:25am
Why didn't ya just go out for a cycle, no problem social distancing on a bike.

Ordered resistance band sets to keep me ticking over while the gym is closed. Had been progressing well on the weights over the winter so didn't want it to completely waste away
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Free bodyweight workout plans here. Most of the stuff, you can do in the house. 

I also downloaded the Tabata timer app for my own personal training. It's free and it's easy to program. You input the number of exercises (stations) that you want to do; the time for each drill, the rest time in between; and how many sets you want to do. Then the phone does all the work and you don't need to be fluting around with a stopwatch or handling your mobile. Just leave it somewhere within your view and earshot. 
Working against the clock suits me better. When I'm starting to tire but I see there's 15 seconds or whatever left on the clock, it pushes me to keep doing and squeeze another few reps in instead of giving up. 

For Tabata, there’s a Spotify playlist with the timer incorporated into the songs. Good motivation on top of the timer you mentioned 👍
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 2:40pm
That's deadly. I never knew that about Spotify. Thanks Cabs
El Puto Amo
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:53pm
I see a lot of people have been dragged into panic buying over priced gym equipment, most high end retailers have completely sold out.

Edited by Green Devil - 25 Mar 2020 at 10:55pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:56pm
We must be nearly out of things to panic buy at this stage!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL

They were out of Boxing bags in my friends store over here. There's gonna be a huge influx of new Boxers because they've hit a bag for a few weeks! 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:01pm
I have no doubt that most of the c**ts who bought all the over priced gym equipment won't even use it after a few weeks and hoards of it will be on done-deal or facebook at a reduced rate.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL

They were out of Boxing bags in my friends store over here. There's gonna be a huge influx of new Boxers because they've hit a bag for a few weeks! 

Plenty of potential opponents for you then 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:05pm
I actually miss the social aspect of it all.

Having a craic on, winding people up, getting stick in return now I'm just sat there like okay yep.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:25pm
my missus gym renting out some of their gym equipment!

Can’t blame him he has a small gym and is out of work now.

I downloaded map my run and have done a couple of 5k runs the last 2 days, get me back into the swing of things after being fairly inactive for a month

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I downloaded map my run and have done a couple of 5k runs the last 2 days, get me back into the swing of things after being fairly inactive for a month

Pedometer Step Counter is a great app Thumbs Up

The problem with map my run and the likes is that they're only targeting what calories you burn or distance you travel during the run (AFAIK)

What I love about the Pedometer app is that I have it connected to my Fitbit so literally every step I take be it walking to the back garden or going for a run etc it's all counted.

Good on you though keep it going Clap

The first few days back at anything fitness related are the worst, but you'll be flying it in no time! It's just about getting up and going even when you're not arsed. 

Edited by Green Devil - 25 Mar 2020 at 11:36pm

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Pedometer Step Counter is a great app Thumbs Up

The problem with map my run and the likes is that they're only targeting what calories you burn or distance you travel during the run (AFAIK)

What I love about the Pedometer app is that I have it connected to my Fitbit so literally every step I take be it walking to the back garden or going for a run etc it's all counted.

Good on you though keep it going Clap

The first few days back at anything fitness related are the worst, but you'll be flying it in no time! It's just about getting up and going even when you're not arsed. 

I’ll have a look at that app cheers.

The weather has helped!

Have also been doing that ‘body coach’ P.E. Class for kids he is doing on YouTube with my daughter so between both I’m doing a bit 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:04am
I use Runkeeper, does the job. I smoke 20 cigs a day so obviously my cardio day is like a chore to me LOL

That Joe Wicks fella seems sound alright
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 133>
  Share Topic