You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 133>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 2:59pm
Recently bought a FitBit and found its helped motivate me by walking more and controlling what i eat and how much i eat calorie wise. App is easy to use too
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

I’m guessing but would starting at 7/8pm till 11am/12pm the next day be the way to go??as in get as many of the hours in at night and have as many eating hours as normal....plus how would it effect you if your training as well or would it be too risky?

a mate of mine was doing 16:8 and did it around those times.Didn't eat any later than 8pm so about half the 16hrs were while he was sleeping.
He has now started eating once a day, he eats at 2pm every day and that's it.He seems Ok with it and reckons after the first week or so you get used of it.

So is he actually losing weight doing this? If you eat the recommended number of calories, but all within this 8 hour window, do you lose weight? Or do you need to reduce calories too?

you have to reduce calories to a deficit to lose weight no matter what way you go about it.He said hes eating less than 2000 calories per day so is losing weight, he just finds this way better for him.

eating in a deficit will make you lose weight,doesnt really matter if its one meal or 5 meals a day. Calories In < Calories out
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:57am

I was away for a 7 weeks and packed on a heap of weight. Back up to 92kgs from 85kgs. My work pants and shirts are under serious pressure at the moment. Aiming to lose a stone by the end of April.  

- Two gym sessions a week plus one astro game.
- Eat sensibly (daily intake: large bowl of porridge, banana, big lunch, soup) 
- No sugar, no bread
- No eating after 7:30pm

It's fairly boring but it was effective the last time I tried it. 
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:09am
Where did ya go?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Where did ya go?

I was in South America. Colombia, Peru, Uruguay and Argentina. 

The real damage was done in Argentina. I was averaging two steaks a day and a heap of red wine (which I can normally take or leave). I played astro on Monday night and the pedestrian pace of the game was miles out of my league, I was cream crackered after 20 minutes. 
El Puto Amo
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 10:05pm
the isolation already having a negative impact on my waste line .

Imagine what it will be like if it’s like this til the summer 

Edited by t_rAndy - 16 Mar 2020 at 10:06pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 10:27pm
f**king terrible, no self control at all, i must have a stone put on LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 10:41pm
I am the same, sitting in the house all day eating sh*te
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 10:44pm
A great time to start the intermittent fasting spoke about in the last few pages.

My Boxing gym is pretty much closing shop and the regular gym pretty much getting ready to there's little opportunity to actually train which will end up putting weight on.

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

I am the same, sitting in the house all day eating sh*te
Did you miss out on toilet rolls LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 7:44am
Yeah, sitting around all day is awful for the picking at things, and it's all to easy to have a few beers at night when you know you're not going to the office tomorrow
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 8:02am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Made a decision few weeks ago to get my act together and try shift some of the extra weight I had on. Been doing the intermitted fasting since trying to get my meals are inside 10 hour window as well as getting a decent sleep. Only exercise I've been doing is going out for a walk each day usually walking around 5km on top of I'd nornally do in work etc

Since I started I've almost a stone off and starting to see the belly getting a bit smaller. The walking helping me with the mental health issues to gives me a chance to just clear the head if things bothering me

Have now lost 2 stone since started this mid January. See massive difference in the amount of energy I have during the day too and after got used to eating within the 10 hour window it's been grand don't find myself as hungry as I would of been before

Hoping few weeks working from home won't mess it all up for me but still trying to get out for my 5km each day 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 9:49am

Various bloggers/ gyms are posting home work out plans. Pick one that suits you and make sure you do something every day. 
El Puto Amo
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 9:52am
Will be skipping the gym for obvious reasons so planning to focus on running for the next few weeks. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 10:01am
Yeah, a run a day is my plan for when the lockdown kicks in up here.
Won't be near a gym for a while

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 10:16am
I’ve actually lost a small bit of weight the last week because I’m worrying! Would do a lot of running but haven’t really did any the last week as my gym is closed and didn’t get a chance either not sure whether I’ll get back to where I was i was doing 5k in about 18 minutes will try get a few runs on the road.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 17 Mar 2020 at 10:17am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 1:13pm
I’m still going to my regular gym but taking major precautions, ie. Using sanitizer before/after using weights and keeping distance.

I can never work out or shadow box at home, I lose focus after about 5 minutes and lose it from there 🤔
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 1:31am
think I’m going to order some home gym equipment .
Fold up bench that I can put under the stairs then bring out the back and work out there would be main priority. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 133>
  Share Topic