You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 133>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I've lost my way the last year. Havent lifted a finger since the beginning of December but have started to get back into it now.

Training schedule plan is to go with 20 minute HILT at home for my cardio a few times a week and then strength training on another 3 days. Finding the time to for myself to get to the gym is most of the time my biggest challenge to get my sh*t in each week. 

But mainly, weight is lost in the kitchen. That's where I really need to get me head together. Have started the intermittent fasting the last week. Just need to cut down on the beer and biscuits and we should be good 

I have a sh1t load of chocolate left over after Christmas and it's all going to be eaten. Not a hope of me bringing it into work like other people. It will be eaten and enjoyed.

Marathon training will start when it's all gone!
Shure it'll be Easter then
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 4:44pm
Made a decision few weeks ago to get my act together and try shift some of the extra weight I had on. Been doing the intermitted fasting since trying to get my meals are inside 10 hour window as well as getting a decent sleep. Only exercise I've been doing is going out for a walk each day usually walking around 5km on top of I'd nornally do in work etc

Since I started I've almost a stone off and starting to see the belly getting a bit smaller. The walking helping me with the mental health issues to gives me a chance to just clear the head if things bothering me
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 4:56pm
If you have an iPhone, enable the health feature, which should be installed by default.

Great way to track the amount you are walking. Would try to a minimum of 5k a day, i'd go the gym on top of that too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 6:46pm
I've been doing intermittent fasting also from Monday.

Not for weight purposes but also helps with your skin as I occasionally get eczema, basically the body becomes so starved the skin cells shut down thus clearing the dirty marks on your face, apparently also helps inflammation but haven't had much success with that.

Been doing it over a 16:8 period where it's 16 hours without food thus the body shutting down more and eats at the glycogen storage, the hardest part is actually eating again the food coma's are unreal LOL
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 10:19pm
is 16hrs fasting then eating for 8hrs the normal ratio....or would a day on day off be the norm??
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:05am
16:8 appears to be the trendy thing to do for weight loss. The explanation is after 12 hours goes after the glycogen and fat cells and keep yourself sufficiently nutritioned for the rest of the day once you’re within the 8 hour window.

I personally wouldn’t do it if I were a morning worker on a 9-5 shift, that’s skipping breakfast and lunch (dinner its called if you’re from North of England) and working through an empty stomach making you feel groggy and tired whilst a nightshifter is typically starting work as he starts his fast so he can just sleep through the latter stages of the fast and burn even more
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 12:07am
I’m guessing but would starting at 7/8pm till 11am/12pm the next day be the way to go??as in get as many of the hours in at night and have as many eating hours as normal....plus how would it effect you if your training as well or would it be too risky?
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:34am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

I’m guessing but would starting at 7/8pm till 11am/12pm the next day be the way to go??as in get as many of the hours in at night and have as many eating hours as normal....plus how would it effect you if your training as well or would it be too risky?

a mate of mine was doing 16:8 and did it around those times.Didn't eat any later than 8pm so about half the 16hrs were while he was sleeping.
He has now started eating once a day, he eats at 2pm every day and that's it.He seems Ok with it and reckons after the first week or so you get used of it.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 2:25am
In regards to your 2nd question of how does it affect training - I’ve not noticed any difference but just make sure you eat about 2 hours beforehand and you eat plenty of calories, as mentioned before the food coma’s and feeling full at first is unbearable. And if I took a body shot in sparring like that I’d probably blow like a balloon LOL

I’m a week into it now, the food comas have eased off, the last 1-2 hours are still dreadful however 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:16am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If you have an iPhone, enable the health feature, which should be installed by default.

Great way to track the amount you are walking. Would try to a minimum of 5k a day, i'd go the gym on top of that too.

Only just copped this app with the heart on it. I’m doing 7-10k on average 😎
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:20am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Only just copped this app with the heart on it. I’m doing 7-10k on average 😎

I’m not sure I trust this feature. 
Somedays it’s way off.

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

a mate of mine was doing 16:8 and did it around those times.Didn't eat any later than 8pm so about half the 16hrs were while he was sleeping.
He has now started eating once a day, he eats at 2pm every day and that's it.He seems Ok with it and reckons after the first week or so you get used of it.

So is he actually losing weight doing this? If you eat the recommended number of calories, but all within this 8 hour window, do you lose weight? Or do you need to reduce calories too?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

So is he actually losing weight doing this? If you eat the recommended number of calories, but all within this 8 hour window, do you lose weight? Or do you need to reduce calories too?

in most cases i think yes. you're most active during the day (naturally) so burning calories. Eating and sat on the couch at home in the eve, you're not. eat early then lock up shop. you may go to bed hungry but that's what it's all about. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:48pm
No. You burn more calories when you're asleep.

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

16:8 appears to be the trendy thing to do for weight loss. The explanation is after 12 hours the body goes after the glycogen and fat cells and keep yourself sufficiently nutritioned for the rest of the day once you’re within the 8 hour window.

Intermittent fasting isn't really about what you eat or what you do. It's simply starving yourself to the point the body goes after the aforementioned cells in your body whilst keeping yourself nutritioned.

If you're eating the recommended 2000 calories in the 8 hour window there is no chance in hell you're burning that amount of in a single training session so you're on a + calorie again but the fasting period makes up for that. 

Edited by coyne - 04 Feb 2020 at 8:55pm
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:22pm
Eat healthy and exercise. No quick fixes. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Eat healthy and exercise. No quick fixes. 

Small changes over a long period make a big difference.
But everything in moderation - you need to live too.

Watch what you eat and drink. Try a food diary for a week and see how much snacking you are doing. Cut back on the pints and replace with clear spirits etc 
Exercise a bit more. Can you walk to/from work more.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 10:08pm
More to intermittent fasting than just losing weight.

Supports inflammation healing, blood sugar levels, brain function and skincare (reason why I'm doing it as a result of my eczema breakout) hence why it's become the hipster thing to do nowadays.

So in conclusion, it's all rather healthy!
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:57am
Back at it this week. Went well for 3/4 months at the start of last year and got about a stone down but all back on now. Determined to keep at it this time so up at 6am this week and getting a run in or on the spin bike at home before the kids wake. Runs aren't the quickest but getting 5k in. Alternating the days and will take Friday morning off and do the Parkrun Saturday. Have take the advice here and got the MyFitnessPal app for tracking the food - definitely makes you more conscious of what you're eating. Have upped the water intake too but pi$$ing so much they think I've a problem here in the office!
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 133>
  Share Topic