You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 133>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Since started working in an office have lost all motivation to run or walk. First time ever working in job where I have sit down. And it is certainly showing on the gut.

I was the same when I started working in an office, very easy to get stuck in the habit of not doing anything.

My advice would be to do something in the morning before you head to work.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Started going Walking/jogging at start of June, haven't changed my diet (not much anyway) have lost just over a stone delighted with myself.

Jesus you must be knackered. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Since started working in an office have lost all motivation to run or walk. First time ever working in job where I have sit down. And it is certainly showing on the gut.
Certain have to make more of an effort when you do alright. My daily routine with current job could be...
  • Wake up
  • Walk 10m to elevator -> elevator to underground carpark -> another 5m to car
  • Drive to work
  • 10-30m walk from car to office
  • Repeat in reverse after work.
  • Total movement for the day could be 100-200m if I wanted

How do ya get to work Heff? I started cycling a few days a week (10k each way). If you're bussing it get off a mile early and walk, or park further away. Every little helps.

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 10:26am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Started going Walking/jogging at start of June, haven't changed my diet (not much anyway) have lost just over a stone delighted with myself.

Jesus you must be knackered. 
AKA pedantic kunt
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

PHD diet whey Max. I got the chocolate one and I gag when I try to drink it :(. My mam is giving me a lend of a blender over the weekend so I am going to lash a few strawberries into it see if that helps. I just have to take one a day for the programme I started on Monday and that is after the gym or for my mid morning snack. It cost 35 euros so I cant change flavor now. Just going to have to grin and bear it for the six weeks :( 

CM I bought the power form so may start baking with it or something. Not that ive ever baked anything in my life mind you Tongue

Just look at proteinpow.com, great recipies there and there are step by step videos to show you how to make the stuff.

You don't honestly think I make the stuff without a bit of help, do you?? LOL

Its good for making pancakes as well.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 9:26am
Again, only been using protein shakes bout 3 months so I'm far from an expert, but when you're looking at the packets, as well as the protein quantity per serving, you should see what the actual serving size is.

The ones I use are only bout 200ml, if you're really looking to bulk up you should be on the ones that are 500ml. The extra calories in the 500ml ones would ruin me (looking to drop weight), but if you're looking to build mass (add weight), go for the bigger ones.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 9:21am

flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by reder reder wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You need to eating after a work out to refuel the muscles.

Protein shakes should be used in conjunction with eating proper foods and not a replacement.

That said I usually go gargling after going to the gym

True but not just protein. Carbs are the primary fuel for the body. You need far more carbs than protein. If you don't eat carbs and just take in protein, the body will take the protein you have put in, break it down, excrete the nitrogen from the protein out of the body (protein without nitrogen is just carbs) and you are just left with carbs then, which is then used to fuel the body. And as everyone probably knows, protein is far more expensive than carbs. 

You should eat a good carb based meal approx 2 hours before training and another well balanced meal no more than 2 hours after training to help the body recover. Most people don't need protein shakes, they get enough protein in their diet as is. Carbs is where people fall short. If you want to take a shake, take a meal replacement shake after training, instead of the protein shake. They contain protein and carbs.

Surely by carbs tho you mean carrots parsnips sweet potato brown rice n quinoa healthy carbs like cos anyone whos advised me on loosing weight has always said bread of any sort potatoes pasta brown or white and white rice have to be completely,cut out?!
I do agree with getting enough protein tho without shakes i eat a lot of meat eggs nuts so i dont bother with shakes although iv a full tub just sitting in a press in the kitchen!
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 12:03am
PHD diet whey Max. I got the chocolate one and I gag when I try to drink it :(. My mam is giving me a lend of a blender over the weekend so I am going to lash a few strawberries into it see if that helps. I just have to take one a day for the programme I started on Monday and that is after the gym or for my mid morning snack. It cost 35 euros so I cant change flavor now. Just going to have to grin and bear it for the six weeks :( 

CM I bought the power form so may start baking with it or something. Not that ive ever baked anything in my life mind you Tongue
reder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:31pm

Protein shakes should be used in conjunction with eating proper foods and not a replacement.

True but not just protein. Carbs are the primary fuel for the body. You need far more carbs than protein. If you don't eat carbs and just take in protein, the body will take the protein you have put in, break it down, excrete the nitrogen from the protein out of the body (protein without nitrogen is just carbs) and you are just left with carbs then, which is then used to fuel the body. And as everyone probably knows, protein is far more expensive than carbs. 

You should eat a good carb based meal approx 2 hours before training and another well balanced meal no more than 2 hours after training to help the body recover. Most people don't need protein shakes, they get enough protein in their diet as is. Carbs is where people fall short. If you want to take a shake, take a meal replacement shake after training, instead of the protein shake. They contain protein and carbs.

Edited by reder - 04 Jul 2013 at 11:37pm
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:00pm

These aren't exactly protein shakes, they're called Herbalife F1 healthy meal replacement shakes. On the phone so can't upload a pic. They have everything you should have in a meal in them but are also high in protein for when your doing a good amount of excersizing
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:38pm
Take the change out of your pockets. Always drops you a few pounds
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:15pm

Guinness is full of iron
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:03pm

Edited by horsebox - 04 Jul 2013 at 10:06pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Do you still get hungry after it Max?

It wouldn't fill u up as a normal shake but you can put granola, muesli or fruit into it and it would fill you up till lunch or dinner (depending on which meal you choose to replace)

Before my personal training that I'm doing I wouldn't usually have breakfast tho so I just have the shake by itself in the morning and that does me till my lunch. The nutrition plan I'm on is quite good for keeping you from being hungry throughout the day and there's a list of healthy snacks on it that are quite tasty as well in case you get a bit peckish
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:06pm
Has anyone tried the 5/2 diet just struggling to loose the last bit wondering has anyone done it n if it worked?
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 7:47pm
Do you still get hungry after it Max?
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 133>
  Share Topic