You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Ward

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 46>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Stevens, who was playing in L2 until a few months ago?

Technically a League 1 player when the summer internationals came around as well as being selected in the Football League's team of the season so hardly the equivalent of calling up a player from Wexford Youths.

There would be more demand to call him up if he was performing for Wexford Youths.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:03pm
Going on winding runs and slipping in through balls that should have led to a goal had it not been for an incorrect linesman’s call

Who is this man

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Mar 2018 at 11:03pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Going on winding runs and slipping in through balls that should have led to a goal had it not been for an incorrect linesman’s call

Who is this man

Played exceptionally well today. Real threat down the left. Linked up play very well.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:35pm
Named at number 6 in Football365’s top ten full-backs of the season:

6) Stephen Ward (Burnley)

Ward would actually be included even higher up this list if he had played in more than 23 of Burnley’s 33 league matches, but you cannot doubt the record. In the ten matches Ward has missed this season, Burnley have drawn five and lost five. In the 23 league games he has played, Burnley have won 14 and drawn five. Extend that points-per-game record across the whole season, and Burnley would be level with Tottenham.

It is an extraordinary achievement for a 32-year-old full-back who must have thought that his top-flight career was over when he was loaned by Championship Wolves to Championship Brighton for the season at the age of 28. A move to Burnley came after their promotion in 2014, but the Irishman played just 623 Premier League minutes that season. Now he’s an indispensable member of a team that will surely play Europa League football next season.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365s-top-ten-full-backs-of-the-season

Edited by NewtNewbie - 18 Apr 2018 at 11:36pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 7:53am
Arguably the most improved Irish player of the last decade. He's come along leaps and bounds in the last 4-5 years.
We're decent enough..
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 8:15am
Has certainly gone from one you feared when seeing him on the teamsheet to one you worried when he wasn't.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 8:21am
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

With the exception of our most important game in the last 5 years against Denmark where he was a fcukin embarrassment....however the blame for that night most go to MonROy. He has done well in fairness. Going forward would like to utilise Doherty @ left back
Give over you bellend. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 8:52am
His resurgence has been remarkable, one of the first names on the team sheet now
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:02am
Has been one of our best players for the last 3 years but there is still the odd clown who wont admit they were wrong about him.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:18am

Arguably the most improved Irish player of the last decade. He's come along leaps and bounds in the last 4-5 years.

I recall finally rewatching footage from Euro 2012 and seeing just how out of his depth Ward was at the time. By 2013-2014 it looked like he had peaked. Instead he has gone from strength to strength, and has rightfully reclaimed his slot in the Irish team, and is likely to be play Europa League football next term, and win 50 caps for his country.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:23am
His last competitive game for his country undid a lot of the good form he has shown this season unfortunately.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

His last competitive game for his country undid a lot of the good form he has shown this season unfortunately.

He was one of a few that had a particularly bad game that night. Cyrus Christie springs to mind, and with Ryan Fredricks out in front of him at Fulham there is a genuine potential that Cyrus will be looking for another club this summer. I also think MON's strategy had more to do with that result than any individual performance.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:37am
Whole team was poor against Denmark, don't think he was much worse than the rest bar a poor mistake when he was bizarrely asked to play as a centre back. Our opposite full back had a far worse game imo. In any case, he's arguably been our best player in the EPL this year, a key player in a high-flying Burnley side.
We're decent enough..
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:41am

Whole team was poor against Denmark, don't think he was much worse than the rest bar a poor mistake when he was bizarrely asked to play as a centre back. Our opposite full back had a far worse game imo. In any case, he's arguably been our best player in the EPL this year, a key player in a high-flying Burnley side.

He also literally handed Eriksen the second goal, and the tie, when playing left back in the first half. 

Wards a half-decent option at left-back, but in our first choice back line, I think he’s still the weak link. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Named at number 6 in Football365’s top ten full-backs of the season:

6) Stephen Ward (Burnley)

Ward would actually be included even higher up this list if he had played in more than 23 of Burnley’s 33 league matches, but you cannot doubt the record. In the ten matches Ward has missed this season, Burnley have drawn five and lost five. In the 23 league games he has played, Burnley have won 14 and drawn five. Extend that points-per-game record across the whole season, and Burnley would be level with Tottenham.

It is an extraordinary achievement for a 32-year-old full-back who must have thought that his top-flight career was over when he was loaned by Championship Wolves to Championship Brighton for the season at the age of 28. A move to Burnley came after their promotion in 2014, but the Irishman played just 623 Premier League minutes that season. Now he’s an indispensable member of a team that will surely play Europa League football next season.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365s-top-ten-full-backs-of-the-season

I'm always dubious of these stats of playing and not playing, but that is f**king stark LOL. I'd say he has great fun taking the piss about it 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

He also literally handed Eriksen the second goal, and the tie, when playing left back in the first half. 

Wards a half-decent option at left-back, but in our first choice back line, I think he’s still the weak link. 
I don't remember any handball?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

With the exception of our most important game in the last 5 years against Denmark where he was a fcukin embarrassment....however the blame for that night most go to MonROy. He has done well in fairness. Going forward would like to utilise Doherty @ left back
Give over you bellend. 

Random YBIGGER:

"Jaysus that war in Syria is really escalating. It's starting to cause me some worry that geopolitical events are starting to intensify for the worse. Are we headed for WWIII?"

John Wick:
 "Well, if we didnt have such a dinosaur of a manager then none of this would have happened. MONROYS lack of international diplomacy and tactical nous have left us all badly exposed"
El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 11:31am
LOL
Has been very solid for his club over the last few seasons, it's a pity he missed a portion of the season through injury.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 46>
  Share Topic